Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light
Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.4

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Where do I start, I have been looking for a light foundation that had good coverage since I finished accutane! I used to have horrible acne and would cake on the foundation and it felt disgusting. So once I finished accutane and fell in love with my new perfect skin I knew I had to try this. I bought this to use during the summer for my darker shade and got the light to medium shade in the oily combination choice. I am never going back! My only complaints are that it leaks out of the bottle easily and it's a little streaky but if you're looking for a light glowy BB cream with good coverage this is for you!

I am 28 years old, have very acne prone skin, first signs of aging, and am always trying new foundations to cover up scarring and help with redness. I think I'm on my 7-10th tube of this and religiously keep going back! I like a medium coverage with a dewy finish.

This BB cream is amaaazing....a little goes a long way! The tube is easy (and somewhat sterile to squeeze product out). Apply with sponge or damp beauty blender, set with powder or it may wipe off if not fully dry. *Be careful as the squeeze tube CAN be a bit if you open it downward!*

What else to say? No major smells, non irritating, doesn't break me out.

Summer months it might melt on the face a bit (as you'd find with many liquid makeups/oily skin types), but I just don't apply as much in summer.

Oh! And my skin is somewhat fair, so the light medium - lightest colour offered- does run a tad bit dark, but I just blend it into my neck and hairline..and no need to switch shades for summer.

Don't waste your time buying the "Pure Control Anti-Acne" version of this. It has a totally different consistency, different look and feel when it is dry, and definitely doesn't help with acne.

But the regular one for oily skin is spectacular!

5 lippies and will continue to buy, fingers crossed they don't ever change this product! :)

on 8/25/2014 5:42:00 PM

I love this BB cream! It gives enough coverage to hide any redness on my face WITHOUT covering up all my freckles, which are one of my favorite features. It stays put all day (even on a hot summer day) and doesn't oxidize on my face. I apply it with a stippling brush and the results are fabulous. You can't even tell up close that I have anything on my face! Overall, the formula is light and comfortable on the skin. You also get a considerable amount of product for the price! I will definitely be repurchasing this in the future and I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for light coverage.

on 7/12/2014 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

(Reviewing for Light to Medium skin)

I actually purchased this because I was running out of the first one I had originally bought a year ago which is the original formula for normal to dry skin (which is my skin type). It's not as severely dry as it used to be but dry enough for makeup or BB cream to catch on dry patches if I don't exfoliate. When I first tried the original I kind of looked greasy so I really had to learn the 'less is more' rule for that particular formula. It's okay.. But since I don't really wear concealer much I was looking for more coverage. Obviously lol.

I know I have dry skin but I've heard so many reviews about how great this new formula is and how the coverage is so much more better than the original.. My skin hasn't been that bad lately, but during that hormonal time of the month, I need the coverage. So I did a lot of research before purchasing this and didn't really find any great reviews about how this works on dry skin UNTIL I saw a YouTube video by Megan McTaggart comparing the 2 formulas on her dry skin, and honestly that was the breaking point that made me decide to buy it.

It's supposed to be mattifying, however, it comes off semi matte for me and has a really natural finish (with awesome coverage, btw).

I'm not saying it will work for everyone with dry skin, but it definitely works for me. I'm in love and it's def. HG status. I hardly wear foundation anymore, especially during the summer.. and I live in Vegas so I don't want to have makeup melt off my face in this triple digit heat.. so I'm happy I bought this. 👌

(Side note for my dry skin gals: make sure you moisturize before you apply just like you would with any other product you'd apply on your face.)

on 6/21/2014 2:13:00 AM

first of I have oily skin so usually I use primer all the time.. But with this I don't and my face gets kinda oily but it's okay. I apply all over my face and it give pretty good coverage.. I mean before I used to use foundation n concealer n all these stuff but with this for a normal day out it's enough.. Since everyone said to keep it upside down since it's too runny.. I never tried putting it any other way but upside down.. Oh and I don't know why everyone says that the medium shade is too yellow.. My skin is normal and it's perfect for me.

on 5/8/2014 10:24:00 AM

Packaging is really bad, the product is really liquidy and runs :( gotta store it upside down
It's really good coverage and feels really light . Additionally it controls my oils really well which is perfect for the summer. I only wish that there was SPF in this but there isn't :(

Another complaint is the price... I got it on Sale at lawblaws for 17$ which is pricy HOWEVER it is also two fluid ounces! So technically it's no that bad

update: ive been using it for a couple of weeks now and i must say, i am lOVING this <3
i find that i prefer to use this than my foundation because it feels less heavy and i know it can handle my oily combo skin and it has great coverage when needed!
only wish there was more color range

on 11/2/2013 4:28:00 PM

I really love this product for everyday wear. Coverage is medium and I find that this has the most natural finish of any foundation/BB cream I've every used. It's relatively matte but does not look powdery and does not accentuate pores (a problem I've frequently had with matte finish foundations in the past). I have combo skin and lasting power is great. At first glance, it might seem a bit pricier than other drugstore foundations/BB creams, but you are getting 2 oz of product while most foundations only have 1 oz.

One downfall is the color selection with only 3 choices. For reference, I am NW20 and the light/medium shade is slightly more yellow than I'd usually pick but works very well.

I've had this BB cream for about 3.5 months and have worn it nearly every day. I'm just about ready to go buy another tube :)

on 9/12/2013 1:49:00 PM

Fabulous, fabulous new option in the BB cream market! I own several other BB creams and was not prepared to be terribly impressed with this one. Well, I was pleasantly surprised!

It certainly provides more coverage than a tinted moisturizer (I'm looking at you, Laura Mercier!) and is superior to other drugstore BB creams such as Maybelline's. I think it might be even better than Bobbi Brown's BB cream, which used to be my HG, but costs 3x as much and feels a little heavier on your skin.

As other reviewers have said, Garnier's BB cream is runnier than your average Bb cream of foundation. But the coverage is still great for such a seemingly-sheer product! Plus, it goes on so lightly that it feels as if your skin can really breathe. It seems to be pretty long-lasting, even after a grueling 4-hour hike, my face looked good in photos!

Haven't noticed any breakouts so far. Really good at controlling oil/shine on my combination skin. I always moisturizer with Moroccan argan oil underneath, that helps with any potential dry skin patches that might be accentuated with this cream.

Price point is good, a little high for drugstore but excellent when compared to department stores. As other reviewers have noted, the packaging is less than ideal. The tube concept is nice, but b/c the product is so runny, it tends to run out into the cap and all over the tube opening. Oh well, small price to pay for great coverage, good price, and shine-controlling properties! One of the few recent products that has lived up to the hype!

I adore this BB cream and use it religiously. It has great coverage and has replaced foundation in my beauty regimen. My skin is a touch oily in the T-Zone, but when I top it with a matte powder, I'm fine for the most part.

The best thing is that I am prone to small breakouts, and this product hasn't made me break out once. It looks great for most of the day and makes my skin feel soft and smooth.

on 5/21/2013 10:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a great bb cream for oily skin, it has a nice light breathable application and it has a nice matte finish. For the price this is a fantastic recommended buy