Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light
Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.3

I really want to give this a 5, but I have to give it a 4 for shade selection. For reference I'm from Canada where they only give the shades of light-medium and medium-dark. I purchased Light-Medium.

This BB Cream is incredibly easy to apply, you can smooth it over your face in the morning and it will give a great looking coverage.I found Beauty Blenders and brushes don't give you the same coverage/natural finish. I have found this to cover well almost anything and if I have a particular large zit it wont 100% hide it but it makes it look hardly noticeable.

It says it has 5 benefits(evens skin tone, hydrates,mattifies,minimizes the look of pores,brightens) and I'd say it does a pretty good job on all of those. I think this BB cream really succeeds in minimizing the look of pores and evening skin tone which has made my skin look reminiscent of what it did in my late teens/early 20's.

I love the finish so much on this foundation I use a little bit of blush and I look put together. I also work 12 hour shifts and this is the best lasting finish I've had for any foundation let alone a BB cream. This doesn't lead to any flaking and it keeps me relatively well moisturized through the day.

The one con is the shade can go a bit orangey/yellowish. But I have found a way around this. I have stopped using powder which I found to make it oxidize way more(plus it stays on its own so for me it doesn't need powder) as well as I have stopped using bronzer as it really doesn't need it this BB cream will brighten you up on your own. Lastly this is a bit of a personal thing but I will use Clinique's Super Balanced Foundation where light catches(middle of forehead, down the nose, and centre of chin). This effectively deals with the orangey effect for me. Cliniques Super Balanced runs about $30 and lasts me half a year so this isn't a big deal for me to have to do.

Lastly this product is such a steal of a price I got this for $13 Canadian(so will be cheaper for UK/US) and it comes with 60 ml which is double the product amount I will usually get for any other foundation. Plus this works full coverage as a foundation with a less than quarter sized amount. I can easily see this lasting me 4-6 months.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After having read plenty of bad reviews for the first bb cream of Garnier, I decided to give it a try, despite the fact that I have dry skin and this product is for women with oily to combination skin.
To begin with, I must have moisturized my skin well, as it makes my skin looks drier than it actually is. However, this is my fault as it is not suitable for my complexion.
Secondly, it smells like alcohol. Well, exactly like alcohol! This is not something that irritates my sensitive skin but this scent lasts a lot on me and it is very annoying. Moreover, the coverage is very light and it is not buildable as I try to put more in order to cover my blemishes, scars etc. and it looks extremely cakey.The spf20 does not protect enough the women who live around Mediterranean Sea. Lastly, the packaging is awful and it looks cheap.
The positive aspect is that when I wear this bb cream I feel that I don't wear anything. It feels very light to the skin. It does not contain parabens, which is an important criterion for me when choosing my makeup.
All in all, I would not recommend it.

on 3/16/2016 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

breaks me out badly

on 10/22/2015 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think its okay, I mean it gets the job done (kind of) I have really sensitive skin and it doesn't sting or make my skin inflamed on application which is really good thing - considering that always happens with other products.
Does it cover everything? not really, medium coverage at most I guess but I tend not to push it to that level or it can appear really cakey until your natural oils kick in and it starts to look somewhat dewy.
For a product marketed towards oily skin it doesn't control oil very well even with a setting powder but that doesn't really bother me because I don't mind looking shiny...? Gives my flat Asian face some dimension alright.
It has a thin consistency which really makes it easy to apply all over the face with a stippling brush - but it also dribbles everywhere if you don't store the bottle upside down. When I first purchased this I stored it cap down and when I went to open it later it spilled all over my hand which was such a waste of product. Garnier really needs to change how the tube functions so pressure isn't built all at the cap.
As for the scent it doesn't really bother me as I don't think it has any strong fragrance unless you hold it right under your nostrils.
Overall just an okay product, isn't too bad but isn't the best either. I'd buy it again just because I haven't found anything better as of lately.

on 8/22/2015 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have fair/light skin with neutral/warm undertones. I also have oily, sensitive skin. When I put this on the colour was WAY off. It looked super pink. The consistency was very light, so it went on almost like a serum, but didn't control oil. Wanted to love it, but it didn't work out.

on 6/8/2015 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

AMAZING COVERAGE, LASTS ALL DAY, MAKES YOUR SKIN BEAUTIFUL, NOT OILY

My first review but I literally had to. I've tried about 4 or 5 different BB creams but this one I've been using this for about two years now and it has been my absolute HG!
I've got quite pink, sensitive, blemished skin and this really neutralises the redness for me, although it doesn't cover any acne bumps. But using pressed powder over the top of this covers them and creates a really nice matte coverage so that I usually get about 6 hours without getting oily, and I have pretty oily skin.
I guess the only con to this is that I have to wear powder over the top to get enough coverage and keep the oil at bay. But most foundations you usually have to anyway. And also, I've found that if I wear it for too many consecutive days without a break it breaks me out and I have to stop wearing it for a couple of days for them to clear up. Could be just my sensitive skin though.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I had originally tried the original, which left me super oily, didn't have much coverage. So when this came out, I got excited. I had originally decided to try it in the shade "medium dark" since normally I'm matched to the darkest colours in BB creams, foundations etc... So I bought it and at first I thought it was great colour match, however this product oxidizes and it left me looking like an Oompa Loompa. So I didn't use it again. I finally found the "light medium" shade and tried that. Perfect match after it sets. The coverage is must heavier than the original, almost medium to full. The consistency is a lot more liquidy, and leaves you with a natural looking finish. I don't use concealer when I use this, because I don't feel like I need it. However, this has it's cons as well. Because it is so liquidy, it leaves a mess in the cap after awhile, so I'm not a ran of the packaging. The product oxides so if you're able to try it and it looks like a perfect match at first, I'd

on 8/13/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I prefer this Garnier BB cream over the other one even though this one is for combination to oily skin and I have a normal skin (with sometimes dry patches on my cheeks and nose). The other BB cream made break out like crazy, but I did like how it made my skin look, so that made me try this one. Maybe this one wouldn't make me break out? (Spoiler: it didn't make me break out.)

I love this BB cream. It is very runny so that made my first time wearing it a complete disaster. There came way to much out of the tube and I applied way too much to my face and it looked awful. My skin was so matte and covered it looked fake. Like a had a skin coloured piece of paper as skin.

But I'm a fast learner so the second time using it was great. You only need a little bit to end up with a nice even face. I do prefer applying this BB cream with a damp beauty blender because I think I look too matte when I don't do that (but I have a normal skin, so it could be that).

I just love this BB cream and I love wearing it. It covers well (but I don't have that much to cover... But when I do a second layer on what needs extra coverage does the job), it lasts long, I like the finish when I apply it with a damp beauty blender and it lasts all day. I wear this on it's own. I don't need anything else. It makes my skin look like the better version of it.

on 8/6/2014 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have an acne-prone oily/combination sensitive skin. When I first bought this bb cream I really liked it! I thought I could use this more often than foundation. I'm in the shade medium.

Pros:
-decent coverage and evens skin tone well.
-affordable
-looks natural

Cons:
- not suitable for acne-prone skin. Irritates and breaks out so so much.