Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.6

on 7/8/2017 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is great BB cream. It is very lightweight, but it has some coverage.It's longlasting too.The only issue is very strong alcoholy scent, that dissapears whitin few minutes.

on 4/13/2017 7:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i love it despite the bad stuff that I will mention. to begin with this is the best bb cream I have used so far, the coverage is great for a bb cream ! it covers my minimal acne which most bb creams don't do, I would say this bb cream is a medium coverage and it has a dewy finish !
the downsides to it is that it oxidizes which is something that i can work with , it also gets pretty oily 4 hours later which I really hate :( . I usually wear it for daily stuff such as work, if am going to do something that will be longer than working hours I would definitely use something else (because of the oil factor) yet still I love it and I will keep using it

I am 28 years old, have very acne prone skin, first signs of aging, and am always trying new foundations to cover up scarring and help with redness. I think I'm on my 7-10th tube of this and religiously keep going back! I like a medium coverage with a dewy finish.

This BB cream is amaaazing....a little goes a long way! The tube is easy (and somewhat sterile to squeeze product out). Apply with sponge or damp beauty blender, set with powder or it may wipe off if not fully dry. *Be careful as the squeeze tube CAN be a bit if you open it downward!*

What else to say? No major smells, non irritating, doesn't break me out.

Summer months it might melt on the face a bit (as you'd find with many liquid makeups/oily skin types), but I just don't apply as much in summer.

Oh! And my skin is somewhat fair, so the light medium - lightest colour offered- does run a tad bit dark, but I just blend it into my neck and hairline..and no need to switch shades for summer.

Don't waste your time buying the "Pure Control Anti-Acne" version of this. It has a totally different consistency, different look and feel when it is dry, and definitely doesn't help with acne.

But the regular one for oily skin is spectacular!

5 lippies and will continue to buy, fingers crossed they don't ever change this product! :)

on 1/13/2017 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I brought this to use on my days off when I don't want to wear makeup. The colour is fantastic and the feeling of this product is good but no staying power and bad packaging.

I have found using a finishing powder on top has helped a little but still finding it slightly oily by lunch.

Pros: oil free, cheap, available everywhere.

Cons: the packaging, the staying power.

Overall an okay product that is a great introduction to the world of BB creams.

on 1/13/2017 5:10:00 AM

I wasn't too sure about this product before I bought it - the reviews were definitely mixed! However, after purchasing I can say that I don't regret my decision to jump on the bandwagon. For its price you seem to get a relatively good amount of product, although the fluidity of the solution means that a lot can leak out from the tube each time you use it. Because of this the packaging isn't my favourite, but its a pretty minor problem; simply take care when squeezing out the cream.

Onto the formula. I have incredibly oily skin, and although the packaging states that it controls shine, I looked like a disco ball after only a few hours! I like the finish - its matte but not too cakey or drying. Coverage is perfect for me, as it covers blemishes and acne scars without looking too unnatural. Colour also suits my the yellow undertones in my skin, and the light colour matches my complexion. One definite downside is the smell. It smells a bit unpleasant, but not enough so the I would reconsider buying the product again.

I found that using a beauty blender or makeup sponge works better than applying the product with fingers.

All in all, a good bb cream with light-medium coverage, that works well for oily skin.

on 10/26/2016 5:30:00 AM

This is the worst BB cream I've ever tried. I used it for months, at the beginning it was okay, but then I started breaking out like crazy. It has a really weird smell. I have oily skin and it made me even oilier.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I guess I've just had good luck with this product - it's the best foundation for my needs that I've found. I've used it for the past 4 years. My mom gave me the normal-skin kind and I found that it was too highly scented and slipped right off of my face. I bought the combination-oily version on a whim and it has a less creamy finish and a much lighter scent. It doesn't feel like a moisturizing BB cream, more like a light foundation. It doesn't dry my skin out or make it overly greasy.

This BB cream doesn't last much past the end of the work day, but behaves well when set with powder and blotted. It has enough pigment to cover under-eye circles and minor redness, but additional concealer is needed for stubborn zits. It's no Revlon Colorstay if coverage and staying power are your priorities, but it DOESN'T MAKE ME BREAK OUT!! :D which for me outweighs the 8-hour wear time and a few dabs of concealer. It washes off easily with Cerave foaming cleanser.

It has a yellow cast which is perfect for my NC30 skin and for concealing redness, though YMMV if you have very pink-toned skin.

on 9/25/2016 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

PROS:
- Lasts all day
- Full coverage
- Doesn't break me out
- Natural looking
- Doesn't crease or cake

CONS:
- Must exoliate if you have dry patches
- Doesn't actually control oil
- Quite expensive where I live (but a bottle lasts forever)
- Shade is pretty orange (Light medium)

I swear i get more compliments on my skin when I wear this than when i'm wearing an actual foundation. This stuff is perfect for everyday wear, because it doesn't ever break me out. It's pretty pricey where i live (15$) but granted, i've had my bottle for nearly two years and used it everyday for school for many months and it seems like there's still a lot of product left. I have a lot of red acne scars and it covers up EVERYTHING, i never have to spot conceal, people can't believe i'm just wearing a bb cream because it's so full coverage.

Reading the claims off Garniers website:
controls shine - nope
minimizes pores - yes
evens skin tone - yes
hydrates - as long as you don't have super dry patches, yes
helps prevent sunburn - yes

A few more detailed cons;
~This stuff is seriously liquidy. The bottle becomes a mess and you have to store this stuff lid up. The regular garnier bb cream is a thick mousse like texture and this is straight up watery. That being said, it still is crazy full coverage and not streaky, just be warned it's super messy and Not a product you can keep in a purse or makeup Bag
~ This doesn't do anything for oil control. Nothing at all. I have crazy oily skin, but i wear milk of magnesia as primer so that doesn't matter to me anymore. That's the only reason i can imagine that people don't like this product it doesn't do the main thing that it claims.
~ this is not a product for people with dry skin. in the wintertime when I get dry patches I need to exfoliate them like crazy because this makes my skin so dry in the winter.

I used to LOVE this product, I haven't come across a tinted moisturiser/BB Cream with this much coverage - enough to really even things out but not heavy like a foundation, really great for every day use. My only complaint with it was my skin did seem oily in the middle of the day (but everything does that to me and nothing a bit of blotting paper doesn't fix) and it seemed a little drying around my eyes so I needed to make sure I used a heavier eye cream.

Yesterday I ran out and repurchased but it's changed :( :( Although the coverage appears to be the same the scent is terrible, its very strong, best way I can describe it is like lemons, but not in a nice way, even though I was put off, I applied it anyhow, I powdered my nose etc as per usual but still the smell stuck, I gave it half an hour and it was too much, I felt sick so I washed it off. I would not recommend of the scent alone, I hope they swap it back.

My other issue after deciding to read the ingredients is the 2nd ingredient is alcohol, which concerns me - alcohol is also mentioned twice in the listing. Which i suppose explains the drying around my eyes and probably would be counter productive to oily skin as to dry your skin out too much only causes it to over produce oil to compensate.

Pros.
Cheap
Packaging easy to get last drops out
Good Coverage
Blends Well
Light colour isn't pink on my yellow based fair skin

Cons.
SCENT!!! - makes it un-usable to me
Heavy on alcohol - drying on eyes

Over the last two years I have been using the classic Garnier BB cream light. It does create an instant pick up and I was generally happy with it. However it always made my skin greasy so I had to soak the excess oil with a paper towel throughout the day. Then I tried the Garnier BB for combination to oily skin and it is so much better. The shine on my face is nowhere near what it was with the previous product. It also has a better coverage. I am happy with it.