Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light
Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.4

on 12/9/2014 2:12:00 AM

Love this! I tried the garnier one for dry skin but it was no where near as good as this. I actually have dry skin but this was great, semi matte but still quite dewy. Not drying in the slightest. It's so lightweight and it blends so nicely into the skin. Better than most foundations which tend to get dry and cakey around the nose area on me, this one conceals fine lines and looks beautiful. It's a shade too dark for my skin so I must wear it sparingly. Wish they had lighter and darker options for those who don't fit their narrow spectrum of colouring. This is more like a beautiful, lightweight foundation with medium coverage. Love this and the tube lasted me a while! Will purchase again.

on 7/12/2014 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

(Reviewing for Light to Medium skin)

I actually purchased this because I was running out of the first one I had originally bought a year ago which is the original formula for normal to dry skin (which is my skin type). It's not as severely dry as it used to be but dry enough for makeup or BB cream to catch on dry patches if I don't exfoliate. When I first tried the original I kind of looked greasy so I really had to learn the 'less is more' rule for that particular formula. It's okay.. But since I don't really wear concealer much I was looking for more coverage. Obviously lol.

I know I have dry skin but I've heard so many reviews about how great this new formula is and how the coverage is so much more better than the original.. My skin hasn't been that bad lately, but during that hormonal time of the month, I need the coverage. So I did a lot of research before purchasing this and didn't really find any great reviews about how this works on dry skin UNTIL I saw a YouTube video by Megan McTaggart comparing the 2 formulas on her dry skin, and honestly that was the breaking point that made me decide to buy it.

It's supposed to be mattifying, however, it comes off semi matte for me and has a really natural finish (with awesome coverage, btw).

I'm not saying it will work for everyone with dry skin, but it definitely works for me. I'm in love and it's def. HG status. I hardly wear foundation anymore, especially during the summer.. and I live in Vegas so I don't want to have makeup melt off my face in this triple digit heat.. so I'm happy I bought this. 👌

(Side note for my dry skin gals: make sure you moisturize before you apply just like you would with any other product you'd apply on your face.)

on 4/30/2014 11:28:00 PM

I am honestly surprised at how impressed I am with this product. I currently have Kat Von D's Lock It foundation which I really like, but it was much too heavy for the weather, when I sweat it fades and gets very cakey. I wanted a product that was light and natural for the summer, and didn't get cakey throughout the day. This product actually does that surprisingly well. It has pretty decent coverage, however I will still need to use concealer under my eyes. It lasted throughout the day and felt very light, I forgot I had it on at some points. My favorite thing about this product is that it didn't look like I had makeup on, it honestly just looked like better skin. OH and also that a little (like literally just drops of it) goes a very long way, which means the 2 ounces will last me a while.

PS. I have dry skin but got the oily/combo skin one so it would last through a bit of sweat and it worked really well at doing it, I didn't get shiny once while running my errands

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this product! I have normal to dry skin and this oil free version of the Garnier BB cream is 100% better than the original formula. The original is greasy, offers minimal coverage and is very strongly fragranced. This oil free formula is exactly the opposite and leaves a beautiful finish with really nice coverage typical of a foundation. The only thing I dislike is the runny, watery consistancy. It tends to leak out of the tube when you unscrew the cap. Fantastic product!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my everyday favorite especially is summer time. Evens out skin tone perfectly and gives enough coverage to hide little discolorations. Takes care of my T zone and lasts all day long. The best way to apply it for me is my finger tips. It really blends well.

It's only a bit runny and that's the only downside I can think of.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this BB cream, although it's not like the ones from Asia. It matches my skin perfectly even though i have a very light skincolor. (Most of them dont match!) The finish is light to medium and i love it, because my freckles are still visible and it covers the natural redness i have. Reminds me of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua which i also own. The finish is slightly different though, i find this one more sticky and a bit shiny and it needs some time to kind of sink in my skin. Vitalumiere is less sticky and has a softer finish on the skin and i dont need to powder it.

Overall i would recommend buying the BB cream by Garnier, because its so much cheaper (in europe 10 euros and sometimes up to 50% off!) compared to the foundation by Chanel (about 45 euros!)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have fairly dry skin, but I found the original formula of Garnier's BB cream to be a little too slick for me, so I decided to try this one. I don't really see much of a difference between the two. This one feels the same on my skin as the original formula. That said, I did not dislike the original, so I do not dislike this one either. I find that using a light setting powder handles the shininess anyway.
The thing I dislike about it is the packaging. It leaks into the cap even when it's laying on its side, and it ends up being far more messy than it needs to be. I preferred the other packaging on the original.
As far as the color goes, I have fairly pale skin with a very warm undertone (NC20 or so), and the light/medium works well for me. It is a bit darker than my skin, but it does not look unnatural or leave weird lines or anything. I would think that anyone lighter than me would have an issue with the color, though.
I would recommend and do repurchase. It's a very good product.

on 12/2/2012 11:27:00 PM

I had never used a BB cream and was interested to try, and I got this one for about $AUD 11, so I figured why not? It is a great product - my skin tends to get oily throughout the day but with a bit of powder it doesn't go shiny. It is also a good "light" foundation to use, especially for work when I don't want to wear too much makeup but I still want enough to cover up. The light colour was perfect for me, and I have very light skin. It makes you look a little bit "sunkissed" (as an other reviewer mentioned) without making your face look brown and your neck super white. As for the packaging, I will agree that even the tiniest bit of pressure on the tube makes a LOT come out, which is annoying but if that's the only downfall then I will deal with it.

on 11/29/2012 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Ok I gotta hand it down to garnier, after that horrible BB cream they produced at first, this isnt bad stuff ^^ Since I dont think western companies are all that great at making actual BB creams, with spf and benificial ingredients for your skin I will disregard that in this review (lets just say it isnt present in this bb cream). Basically I always look at this as a decent foundation. Its very liquid if you put a drop on your hand it could drip off. So before applying I was pretty convinced this couldnt possibly give any coverage. But it did :) It has a medium coverage, which can probably be build up to full. Its quite easy to apply and you actually dont need much product to get the job done. After applying it gives a nice demi-matte finish.
However there are some things I dislike. The colour (light) is quite a peachy shade, this might be good for some people but I wished this had a more yellow tone (doesnt come in many shades all together). Also I dont think this lasts all that long, maybe 4-5 hours. The thing I disliked the most is the fact that it really does emphazise dry patches, I have quite a lot of those, so thats pretty annoying. In the end I wanted to give it 3 lippies instead of 4, but I do think this is good stuff especially for girls with combo or oily skin. Its pretty cheap 10 bucks for 40 ml and also the fact that garnier listend to their consumers is something which is worth rewarding in my opinion :) But when it comes down to it, I probably wont repurchase.

on 11/11/2012 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I dont use this product by itself, i mix a FEW drops in with my moisturiser. I dont think this product alone gives suitable moisture, And when used by itself can look very orange and slightly cakey if not rubbed into the skin correctly. So yeah...just mix it in with my moisturiser to stop a shitty colour and so i get moisture!

It fills in pores without clogging and lasts all day...i find using lightweight producs like tinted moisturisers/bb cream last alot longer then actual foundaton.

Applied with my hands and set with MAC blot powder.

Not a huge fan of the smell...but meh. First world problems.

Dirt cheap from priceline, roughly $13!

Reccomend for all skin types!

Only con is that the packaging sucks, the colour selection could use a makeover and the fragrance is kinda gross! but other then that no compaints.