Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.4

on 6/15/2016 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

It was the first of many bb creams I tried through the last 3 years and well, if I weren't that much into make up, I would have dropped immediately the search for a nice product after trying this one. I never, ever, ever had a problem for liquid face products, and my skin is so sensitive and full of random redness depending on how I wake up - every single product did its job and that was it. Using Garnier's bb cream was a gamble everyday, and could expect breakouts and pimples anytime. The worst that ever happened with a liquid product were you know,those little little pimples under the mouth and a slightly bigger one on the forehead, but nothing more. This one was a huge huge mess: red parts appeared as dark brown, pimples started to grow everywhere.. and still have to figure out what substance made me react this way (I'm a chemistry enthusiast and, when it comes to make up, very careful with the ingredients - but I'm not one of those organic terrorists people, I just need to be safe first, and have my nerdy interest fulfilled). Also, the colour appeared to be as light as advertised on the packaging when it first came out of the tube, but it was a matter of seconds before it started oxidize like crazy and made me look this weird orange colour, very darker than my normal caucasian light skin. Disgusting. Will never ever buy again.

First time when I applied this bb cream I was absolutely impressed about how good it's the coverage because it was very cheap. It covered all my redness and my skin was looking so good. But after two or three applies it started looking cakey and and T zone was very oily only after 2 hours. Beside this, it wasn't covering at all anything. And this shade, even it is the lightest it was very dark for me.

on 12/9/2014 2:12:00 AM

Love this! I tried the garnier one for dry skin but it was no where near as good as this. I actually have dry skin but this was great, semi matte but still quite dewy. Not drying in the slightest. It's so lightweight and it blends so nicely into the skin. Better than most foundations which tend to get dry and cakey around the nose area on me, this one conceals fine lines and looks beautiful. It's a shade too dark for my skin so I must wear it sparingly. Wish they had lighter and darker options for those who don't fit their narrow spectrum of colouring. This is more like a beautiful, lightweight foundation with medium coverage. Love this and the tube lasted me a while! Will purchase again.

on 7/12/2014 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

(Reviewing for Light to Medium skin)

I actually purchased this because I was running out of the first one I had originally bought a year ago which is the original formula for normal to dry skin (which is my skin type). It's not as severely dry as it used to be but dry enough for makeup or BB cream to catch on dry patches if I don't exfoliate. When I first tried the original I kind of looked greasy so I really had to learn the 'less is more' rule for that particular formula. It's okay.. But since I don't really wear concealer much I was looking for more coverage. Obviously lol.

I know I have dry skin but I've heard so many reviews about how great this new formula is and how the coverage is so much more better than the original.. My skin hasn't been that bad lately, but during that hormonal time of the month, I need the coverage. So I did a lot of research before purchasing this and didn't really find any great reviews about how this works on dry skin UNTIL I saw a YouTube video by Megan McTaggart comparing the 2 formulas on her dry skin, and honestly that was the breaking point that made me decide to buy it.

It's supposed to be mattifying, however, it comes off semi matte for me and has a really natural finish (with awesome coverage, btw).

I'm not saying it will work for everyone with dry skin, but it definitely works for me. I'm in love and it's def. HG status. I hardly wear foundation anymore, especially during the summer.. and I live in Vegas so I don't want to have makeup melt off my face in this triple digit heat.. so I'm happy I bought this. 👌

(Side note for my dry skin gals: make sure you moisturize before you apply just like you would with any other product you'd apply on your face.)

on 4/30/2014 11:28:00 PM

I am honestly surprised at how impressed I am with this product. I currently have Kat Von D's Lock It foundation which I really like, but it was much too heavy for the weather, when I sweat it fades and gets very cakey. I wanted a product that was light and natural for the summer, and didn't get cakey throughout the day. This product actually does that surprisingly well. It has pretty decent coverage, however I will still need to use concealer under my eyes. It lasted throughout the day and felt very light, I forgot I had it on at some points. My favorite thing about this product is that it didn't look like I had makeup on, it honestly just looked like better skin. OH and also that a little (like literally just drops of it) goes a very long way, which means the 2 ounces will last me a while.

PS. I have dry skin but got the oily/combo skin one so it would last through a bit of sweat and it worked really well at doing it, I didn't get shiny once while running my errands

on 4/6/2014 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

After swearing off this BB cream the first time I purchased it, I was sucked back in by a slew of ad campaigns.
I initially bought this BB cream when it first came out in the shade "light/medium". I obviously should have known that the colour was too dark for me- since most things even labelled "light" are even too dark for me- but the BB cream craze swept me away and I was dying to try it.

After my initial attempt with Garnier's BB cream failed, I tossed it and moved to more upscale brands with sunscreen in them. However, after I saw in a magazine that Garnier had released the same cream in a lighter shade I found myself running to the store to try it out (what can I say? I love a bargain).

And it's almost like going back to an ex when they tell you they've changed...because they haven't really.

The cream, albeit slightly lighter, was still to dark and too orange- made only worse when it began to oxidize after a week's worth of uses. I usually love Garnier products, but after giving it another chance, I will never get back together with this BB cream.

I have very, very fair skin (but normally don't have a problem when I choose the lightest shade from a brand) and the "light" shade is still way too dark for me. It seems more like a medium shade.
I have fairly dry skin that never gets oily, but after reading some reviews I saw the the regular Garnier BB cream that is not for oily skin got very bad reviews and people said that it made their non-oily skin, oily. Also, when I swatched both the "light" shades side by side, the one for oily skin seemed to be a little lighter.
I normally get very dry skin to the point where it peels around my nose and mouth constantly, especially when I wear a foundation, but that doesn't happen with this product. I have also noticed that my skin seems a little more moisturized and less "peely" even when I am not wearing makeup.
I have sensitive skin that breaks out a lot when I try new products, but I did not break out with this product.
I think that this BB cream has the most coverage out of any other that I've tried - I have a lot of redness on my face, especially my cheeks, and this covers it most of the day. I do have to use concealer a little bit when my face is extra red or when I have dark circles.
As other people have said, the packaging is awful and it is really hard to control how much of the product comes out. The cream is extremely liquid and runny - I normally store my tube with the lid facing up so it does not leak into the lid.

I would buy this product again because it is the best coverage "foundation" that I can wear due to my skin peeling, as I mentioned above. I've found that even though the color does not exactly match my skin tone, I can blend it in with some other foundation around my hairline and neck. I am also going to try mixing it with a lighter foundation, but I'm not sure if that would make my skin peel too! I'm also hoping that when I get a bit darker during the summer, it will match better.
Overall, if you have dry skin, definitely try this product, it has helped my skin so much. Just be careful with the color if you have very fair skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have fairly dry skin, but I found the original formula of Garnier's BB cream to be a little too slick for me, so I decided to try this one. I don't really see much of a difference between the two. This one feels the same on my skin as the original formula. That said, I did not dislike the original, so I do not dislike this one either. I find that using a light setting powder handles the shininess anyway.
The thing I dislike about it is the packaging. It leaks into the cap even when it's laying on its side, and it ends up being far more messy than it needs to be. I preferred the other packaging on the original.
As far as the color goes, I have fairly pale skin with a very warm undertone (NC20 or so), and the light/medium works well for me. It is a bit darker than my skin, but it does not look unnatural or leave weird lines or anything. I would think that anyone lighter than me would have an issue with the color, though.
I would recommend and do repurchase. It's a very good product.

on 5/5/2013 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Would be amazing if it actually came in a lighter shade, then it would actually suit my very very fair skin. Otherwise, it was pretty good. Felt very nice on my skin. Only other thing is, my face is already very dry, so I need more of a moisturizer to make more use of this as well.

Not saying I don't use moisturizer, but my face just soaks it up and is left wanting more no matter what I use!

EDIT: Apparently my Ulta store carries a fair/light shade. I traded it for this shade and holy crap, it looks awesome. But the more I used it, the more the smell started bothering me. And it's still not very moisturizing for my face. Not a re-buy for me, but I'll use the bottle up.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this product! I have normal to dry skin and this oil free version of the Garnier BB cream is 100% better than the original formula. The original is greasy, offers minimal coverage and is very strongly fragranced. This oil free formula is exactly the opposite and leaves a beautiful finish with really nice coverage typical of a foundation. The only thing I dislike is the runny, watery consistancy. It tends to leak out of the tube when you unscrew the cap. Fantastic product!!