Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light
Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.4

on 6/6/2017 1:17:00 PM

It's not good for oily, combination skin. It causes breakouts.

I used it with setting powder, and it lasted about 2 hours or so...and then started to look really cakey, greasy, especially on my forehead.
I bought it and tried it in the winter. I think it wouldn't even last an hour in the hot summer, it would get greasy really fast.
The color is orange. It offers minimal coverage.

I would not recommend it.

SO ORANGE!!!!! I am so bummed. I read some great reviews and I don't get it. I'm very fair and yes I can blend it out, but it is still orange tinted and I have to blend all the way down as if it were a full coverage, which it most absolutely is NOT. It's a bb cream. I didn't look radiant, and my blemishes weren't blurred... Garnier you were a total waste of 20 bucks as I'm throwing this in the trash.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Their lightest shade is orangey for my fair skin even in the summertime. I can go with the first shade within the . range of the foundation (usually). It covered nothing and was greasy as well.

on 4/26/2017 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I really like it!

I'm oily, ~NC20 and I got this in the shade Light. It goes on beautifully, the shade matches me (it's definitely on the warmer side), and the coverage is nice (about medium). It has a slightly watery consistency, I tried this with a sponge and a brush and I think it looks great either way.

My ONLY complaints that are:
1) It does not work with any of my moisturizers, they make it go patchy. So I wash my face, use a toner, and go with this directly. Since I'm oily I don't feel that I need more moisture, but maybe it could bother combo skin.
2) I'd put the wear time at ~4-5 hours. After that I feel that it really fades and breaks down, even if I blot. I stick to wearing it on shorter days.

Overall, I really like it :)

I am 28 years old, have very acne prone skin, first signs of aging, and am always trying new foundations to cover up scarring and help with redness. I think I'm on my 7-10th tube of this and religiously keep going back! I like a medium coverage with a dewy finish.

This BB cream is amaaazing....a little goes a long way! The tube is easy (and somewhat sterile to squeeze product out). Apply with sponge or damp beauty blender, set with powder or it may wipe off if not fully dry. *Be careful as the squeeze tube CAN be a bit if you open it downward!*

What else to say? No major smells, non irritating, doesn't break me out.

Summer months it might melt on the face a bit (as you'd find with many liquid makeups/oily skin types), but I just don't apply as much in summer.

Oh! And my skin is somewhat fair, so the light medium - lightest colour offered- does run a tad bit dark, but I just blend it into my neck and hairline..and no need to switch shades for summer.

Don't waste your time buying the "Pure Control Anti-Acne" version of this. It has a totally different consistency, different look and feel when it is dry, and definitely doesn't help with acne.

But the regular one for oily skin is spectacular!

5 lippies and will continue to buy, fingers crossed they don't ever change this product! :)

I really want to give this a 5, but I have to give it a 4 for shade selection. For reference I'm from Canada where they only give the shades of light-medium and medium-dark. I purchased Light-Medium.

This BB Cream is incredibly easy to apply, you can smooth it over your face in the morning and it will give a great looking coverage.I found Beauty Blenders and brushes don't give you the same coverage/natural finish. I have found this to cover well almost anything and if I have a particular large zit it wont 100% hide it but it makes it look hardly noticeable.

It says it has 5 benefits(evens skin tone, hydrates,mattifies,minimizes the look of pores,brightens) and I'd say it does a pretty good job on all of those. I think this BB cream really succeeds in minimizing the look of pores and evening skin tone which has made my skin look reminiscent of what it did in my late teens/early 20's.

I love the finish so much on this foundation I use a little bit of blush and I look put together. I also work 12 hour shifts and this is the best lasting finish I've had for any foundation let alone a BB cream. This doesn't lead to any flaking and it keeps me relatively well moisturized through the day.

The one con is the shade can go a bit orangey/yellowish. But I have found a way around this. I have stopped using powder which I found to make it oxidize way more(plus it stays on its own so for me it doesn't need powder) as well as I have stopped using bronzer as it really doesn't need it this BB cream will brighten you up on your own. Lastly this is a bit of a personal thing but I will use Clinique's Super Balanced Foundation where light catches(middle of forehead, down the nose, and centre of chin). This effectively deals with the orangey effect for me. Cliniques Super Balanced runs about $30 and lasts me half a year so this isn't a big deal for me to have to do.

Lastly this product is such a steal of a price I got this for $13 Canadian(so will be cheaper for UK/US) and it comes with 60 ml which is double the product amount I will usually get for any other foundation. Plus this works full coverage as a foundation with a less than quarter sized amount. I can easily see this lasting me 4-6 months.

on 1/15/2017 12:17:00 AM

For starters, I'm not big of wearing foundation on an everyday basis, and I have hyperpigmentation and some facial discoloration that I want to cover up. I wanted an everyday "foundation" that was light and easy to apply, and would even out my skin tone, while also providing a good SPF for my pale skin.

This BB cream was a lifesaver, especially because it keeps me matte the WHOLE day, something I couldn't find in other BB creams. It also has WAY more coverage than I have found in any other BB cream, while still being at a (somewhat) reasonable price for drugstore. $12 is a little pricey for my college budget, but is still doable for a product that I love like this one.

The ONLY cons are the packaging -- the tube tends to overflow quite often, especially when removing the cap. It can get really messy quick, and I hate wasting the product. Another con is the color-- I am *extremely* pale, and the lightest color does oxidize a bit, and is too dark for me. I've heard that there is a Fair shade, but I haven't seen it in stores.

I honestly hope they never stop making this, because it really is the perfect BB cream for me. I've tried others, and I just keep coming back to this. It's so easy to apply (I honestly just use my clean fingers half the time if I'm really in a rush), and gives me the coverage I need, while helping control my combination skin throughout the day. It also photographs beautifully! Highly recommend!

on 10/26/2016 5:30:00 AM

This is the worst BB cream I've ever tried. I used it for months, at the beginning it was okay, but then I started breaking out like crazy. It has a really weird smell. I have oily skin and it made me even oilier.

on 9/25/2016 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

PROS:
- Lasts all day
- Full coverage
- Doesn't break me out
- Natural looking
- Doesn't crease or cake

CONS:
- Must exoliate if you have dry patches
- Doesn't actually control oil
- Quite expensive where I live (but a bottle lasts forever)
- Shade is pretty orange (Light medium)

I swear i get more compliments on my skin when I wear this than when i'm wearing an actual foundation. This stuff is perfect for everyday wear, because it doesn't ever break me out. It's pretty pricey where i live (15$) but granted, i've had my bottle for nearly two years and used it everyday for school for many months and it seems like there's still a lot of product left. I have a lot of red acne scars and it covers up EVERYTHING, i never have to spot conceal, people can't believe i'm just wearing a bb cream because it's so full coverage.

Reading the claims off Garniers website:
controls shine - nope
minimizes pores - yes
evens skin tone - yes
hydrates - as long as you don't have super dry patches, yes
helps prevent sunburn - yes

A few more detailed cons;
~This stuff is seriously liquidy. The bottle becomes a mess and you have to store this stuff lid up. The regular garnier bb cream is a thick mousse like texture and this is straight up watery. That being said, it still is crazy full coverage and not streaky, just be warned it's super messy and Not a product you can keep in a purse or makeup Bag
~ This doesn't do anything for oil control. Nothing at all. I have crazy oily skin, but i wear milk of magnesia as primer so that doesn't matter to me anymore. That's the only reason i can imagine that people don't like this product it doesn't do the main thing that it claims.
~ this is not a product for people with dry skin. in the wintertime when I get dry patches I need to exfoliate them like crazy because this makes my skin so dry in the winter.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

PROS:
-The color blends beautifully with my pale skin
-It does not leave dry patches on my cheeks
-It looks natural on the skin, like I am not wearing anything
-You get a lot of product, and it is really affordable
-Covers the bags under my eyes perfectly

CONS:
-If you are having a really bad skin day, this BB cream will not cover much
-My T - zone gets a little oily in the summer and the oiliness shines through the BB cream
-Creases on the eyelids

Definitely worth the price, I will repurchase it again.