Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light
Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.6

on 9/2/2012 9:25:00 PM

I gave up using the original Garnier BB Cream (1) because of the very heavy scent and (2) because it was rather greasy on my skin, even with a dusting of powder on top.
This new one for combination/oily skin is a great product. I wear it for work with a smidgin of day cream underneath and a dusting of powder - although it really doesn't need the powder as the finish is fairly matte in any case. On the weekend I wear it over a 30 spf day cream (no powder) and it still does not look oily. You can't feel it when it's on, but it does give nice coverage. The coverage is between a tinted day cream and a very light foundation. The colour (Light) seems very pale straight out of the tube, but adapts well to the skin. It does not appear to rub off unduly. I have not been able to test the Medium colour.
Ever since Clinique discontinued Almost Makeup I have been looking for a replacement. This could be it! The nearest I came was Olay Total Effects with a Touch of Foundation, but it has a slight orange tinge to it which is OK when you are tanned, but not so good in winter. The Garner oil-free BB cream Light tends to the yellow which is good for my underlying pinkness: with a dusting of translucent powder it's almost perfect. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i am always on the hunt for a good, matte tinted moisturizer/bb cream because i want to look flawless even if i walk my dog, with no shine.

Like the other ladies, I too tried the regular one first, only to find it was far too greasy for me.

My skin is not oily, more like normal leaning a little bit towards combination. Sometimes it gets dry too. Im a little bit of everything EXCEPT oily.

When i saw the oil free version at Sephora, i immediately bought it, as I love anything with a matte finish (as this one claims to be).

Price is good, I live in Europe so i bought it for 10 Euros, i think the price is the same everywhere (10$ in America and 10 pounds in the UK)

I have blue black hair and a light-medium complexion, and I use the "light" shade.

Light is perfect for NC20 ladies like me, it has neutral/warm undertones which i LOVE because i have a hard time finding something NON-PINK.

It has a light to medium coverage, which is good enough to even out the skin tone.

DO use if you want to give a light tint to your face without feeling too cakey, but DO NOT use it for coverage if you have bad skin, acne and/or scars as it will not give you the results you would expect.

Here are my pros/cons:

PROS
-----------

.affordable price

.great matte finish

.very lightweight

.doesnt clog pores/doesnt breakout

.tube can be carried in purse

.SPF20 (regular one has SPF15) which is awesome especially now that summer is coming and we ALL need to use a good amount of SPF

CONS
-----------

. not many shades. It only comes in 'light' and 'medium'.

. I hate the texture. It is very watery and runs out of the tube incontrollably everytime i open the tube, resulting in me wasting a lot of product.

. although the finish is matte, i did get a bit shiny after a couple of hours. nothing a few blotting papers couldnt solve, however.

Overall, i think it is very good for its price, and i think i will most probably buy a second tube as soon as i finish the first one.

Hope i helped!:)

Natalie

on 7/25/2013 3:26:00 PM

I'm so fed up with they hysteria about BB creams it's not funny anymore. And now we have the CC and DD versions! I can't wait for the ZZ. No, really. I can't wait. Maybe then manufacturers will move on to something different (say, numbers, instead of letters; heck, it would be a change).

However, being the MU junkie I am, I have sampled a few to see what the bloody hell the fuss was all about. I didn't like any of them. Coverage, zero. Colors, absurd. Pricey oil slicks, most of them. Until I found this one.

I wanted something oil-free, but not too drying, to help me cope with my retin-A treated skin. Something lighter than fdt. for the hot summer we're having where I live. I was at RiteAid for something else, but I passed this and though, oh, why not? and got a tube, fully expecting to being forced to return it the next day.

Well, what do you know. The is the ONLY BB cream that justifies the pandemic hooh-hah about the stuff. It has decent coverage. The color is good (light-med). It's not a greasy mess. Doesn't break me out. Has SS. Reasonably-priced (it's a big tube). I can even wear it w/o powder (me, the Powder Queen!). This is the ONLY BB cream I want. Good product.

on 6/21/2012 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

well, i am writing this review in astonishment. I have never used tinted moisturizersbefore. I have a an oily acne scarred sensisitive skin that becomes red so easiliy in seboreic areas. so i have to use fullcover and longstay foundations like estee lauder double wear or by terry cover expert daily. My lightest daily make up is a lancome mineral powder with a strong kabuki. Today in lunch time i went to sports club and swimmed and has some steam and when i got out i have noticed i do not have my make up purse with me and i do not have even a moisturizer. i rush into a market on the way back work to buy a cheap moisturizer to save my day. This one was cheap enough and i did not expect more than some moisturizing and slightest cover on my reddened skin would be a great extra. I tried it on and shocked. It is very sheer but evened out my skin more than many medium cover foundations. It is moisturizing and sun protection is an extra. i will keep that one at my sports bag for good.

on 10/28/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

love it!!
it has a very strong smell of alcohol (like all Garnier products for oily skin) and I would agree it's runny (no need to squeeze a bottle) also looks scary pale the moment when it's applied, but despite of this, it's easily applied using just your fingers and in 1-2 min. colour adapts the skin tone. It mattifies skin but doesn't dry it out. Looks more natural than most of foundation but covers more than plain tinted moisturizer. It didn't cause me any breakouts :)

on 9/13/2012 1:29:00 AM

This is my first review on MUA. I have combination/oily/acne prone skin that for the past 3 years I have not found a foundation that has sat on top of my skin without going streaky/patchy and pooling into my pores, no foundation has congealed to my skin on application, (except for clinique's anti blemish solutions) and so far that's the only one that has blended properly onto my nose and stayed put! but I couldn't wear it because it emphasized my pores and fine lines and dried me out so bad i looked 10 years older! Anyway, I have tried so many other brands of makeup I have lost count, both cheap and expensive and I have probably spent so much in recent years that if I'd put that money in a savings account I would be able to afford a 2 week holiday overseas or something! Now, I picked up this product in the supermarket the other day, my intention was to get a facewash, but this was on sale as an 'introductory offer' for $9, and I have never been one to use tinted moisturizers, since in the past they have always looked like I have a greasy film over my face. but it said 'BB cream' and that it was targeted for oily/acne prone skin. So for $9 it seemed worthwhile to give it a go. So when i got home i tried it, without primer just to see what it felt like on my skin etc - it was very watery in texture when coming out of the tube and I thought 'here we go, bet this is gonna be crap', so i applied it to my cheek and nose area where nothing else seems to stick, and it did appear streaky and settle into pores at first - so i proceeded to apply it to my acne marks along the jawline to see what the coverage was like, and whilst i was doing that, where I'd applied it to my nose and cheeks had kind of dried and 'set', it was like a second skin! I could hardly believe my eyes, my pores were refined, and it was sitting atop my skin like perfection. So I went ahead and applied another thin layer over my skin and the coverage is medium by that time, but it felt light as air and I didn't have any sensitive reactions to it like i can with some makeup. Not only that, but it lasted on my skin for more than 2 hours which is more than I can say for fuller coverage foundations I've used in the past - BUT (and yes, there's a 'but') after 2 hours it still looked perfect, but it had darkened quite a bit so it looked more like a light tan than the 'light/clair' that it had looked when I had first put it on and as it states on the product. it was like 'what the hell'?? So I thought maybe it was because it had mixed with my natural oils and naturally gotten darker that way, but by hour 3 it was darker again and started to look ORANGE!! I have to say there is nothing worse than looking like an oompa loompa and I found that mineral makeup gave that look the more you applied - I don't understand how anyone can like that 'fake tan' look, especially if you are naturally fair skinned and your face doesn't match the rest of your body! Anyway, that was a few days ago - yesterday I thought I would give it another test run with a clean/primed face and one very thin layer and a tiny bit of powder on top to see how it fared, by hour 4 it was a peachy pink colour, which wasn't as bad as the orange, but still, not my preferred look! Why couldn't it stay the same as when you first apply it? If it wasn't for how it oxidizes I would have been able to give up my search for a suitable foundation, this stuff was near to perfect. So disappointed :(

on 9/7/2012 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i really hate writing these kinds of reviews because it's one of those times where i love everything about the product except its shade range. the lightest colour is 2 shades darker than my nc15-nc20 skin which makes it totally unwearable on its own, and only wearable when it's mixed 1:4 with a much lighter foundation. massive bummer, because i love this stuff quite a bit.

everything else being equal, this is a really stunning product from garnier, which is a big call because i am basically president of the garnier hate club. i absolute hate their hair products, i'm not too fond of their eye roll-ons, their first bb cream was a disaster, etc. i mean, i have normal to dry skin and the original was disgusting on my skin - it was oily and slippery and just never set. this one is an entirely new offering that gets everything right that the first one didn't. the finish definitely isn't matte, but isn't overly dewy either - powder can easily tame any sheen that you don't like. i found that i did have to be a bit careful about what moisturiser i used underneath this - not much is needed at all since the bb cream itself is so hydrating. my skin looked completely natural with this on even though i looked like i had faceplanted in a bunch of mud from the poor colour match. i applied this with a buffing brush which worked just fine, although i'm sure fingers would be perfect as well.

i would say the coverage can be anything from light to a solid medium, depending on how much you build it up. i was able to take it to medium very easily and with absolutely no caking - it just glides over the top beautifully. it lasted an impressive amount of time as well - i would say 9-10 hours easily (with a small layer of powder). the packaging is a little difficult though. it's great that it has 10g extra product than most foundations, and i love the sleek tube that it comes in, but the cream is very thin and explodes out of the tip when you screw the cap off. so i would recommend lying the product flat on your vanity instead of standing it up to prevent the bb cream from accumulating so much at the bottom of the tube.

in summary, GRRR! nc20+ skin tones would be fine for the light shade, but much lighter than that and i think you will struggle a bit to make it look natural. otherwise, this gets a massive thumbs up from me.

Hello dolls!

The product that I've been using on my face for the last couple of months, as a part of my everyday make up routine, and instead of my daily moisturiser, foundation and compact powder, has been this awesome BB cream by Garnier!

Garnier has come up with this cream ideal for an oily/combination skin type! It's Non Comedogenic, oil- free texture, with ultra- absorbent perlite + mineral pigments, it'll stay on your face all day long, and provide a complete matte effect! I put this on in the morning, and it will stay put until I am ready for bed, and wash it off.

After I've used up the regular version of Garnier BB cream (which was more than anything else, suitable for dry skin, plus the color for me was way off...) I got the same BB cream, but in a different formulation, for oily to combination skin, and I was finally able to get it in a shade suitable for my skin tone, which happened to be the color- light.

This BB cream gives you the effect of immediately perfected skin by doing the following:

- Anti- shine, keeping your oil under control and makeup staying put
- Blurs pores + imperfections with the tint of color (i chose light)
- Evens tone + boosts glow with a built in illuminator and highlighter
- Moisturises like your favorite face cream, while NEVER getting oily
- SPF 20 UV Protection to prevent sun damage down the road

I'm extremely pleased with this product, as it keeps my face shine free the whole day long, even when I'm working long hours, I don't feel the need to touch-up my make up! I'm really satisfied with the color, it matches my skin tone perfectly and evens it out flawlessly!

Another thing I love about Garnier Skin Naturals Products is that they use, wherever possible, naturally derived active ingredients which have been carefully extracted to preserve their quality and purity. AND THEY NEVER TEST ON ANIMALS!!!!!!

The container holds 40ml of the product, which is pretty decent amount and it'll last you several months, even when using it on a daily basis! I have been using this for two months, and am just short of using half the bottle. This product is available in most drugstores and supermarkets which makes it so easy to find. You dont have to drive to a sephora or an ulta to buy this, and at under $10 in price, it makes it that much more convienient.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this product and I would recommend it to whoever has oily/ combination, breakout prone skin and is looking for a nice, light product, non comedogenic, that is going to take care of your skin, making it appear even and better looking, keeping it mattified throughout the day!

on 7/7/2012 3:32:00 AM

I haven't felt moved enough to review a product for a while, however, this BB cream has got me writing!!

I used the original BB and wasn't impressed with the coverage, durability, shade...

I love this product so much. The consistency is quite watery, so be careful when you squeeze the tube. I use my Real Techniques stippling brush to apply this, over the top of a serum. It spreads brilliantly and covers a large area with just a small amount. The coverage is incredible - my pores vanish, my skin looks fresh. This is a Holy Grail item, for me.

So, if like me you weren't impressed with the original Garnier BB cream, take a look at this. You might love it as much as I do.

Debbie ^_^

on 5/19/2012 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am not a fan of the original Garnier BB cream - It's far too greasy for my oily skin and slid around my face like nobodies business during the course of the day, not to mention I looked like I'd just dipped my face in a chip pan.

This one, however, I love.

The formula is much more fluid and absorbs into my skin instantly. It dries to almost a powdery finish. I also find the coverage to be much better with this one and because it actually absorbs, it is way more buildable than the original. I've found that 2 or 3 thin layers, in the areas where I need a bit more help, gives a medium coverage.

I don't set this with a powder since the finish is already quite powdery, and it stays put relatively well. I do have to touch up a couple of times during the day but since I absolutely love the way it makes my skin feel, I'm happy to do that. The tube is long & thin, so it's much more convenient to keep in your bag than the original 'hand cream shaped' one was.

You do only get 40ml in this whereas the original is 50ml and it is the same price, however since it's far thinner in texture and easier to move around your face, you'll likely use less so it should last just as long.

Would definately recommend checking this out if you wanted to like the original but just found it too thick and greasy!