Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

3.6

on 5/19/2012 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am not a fan of the original Garnier BB cream - It's far too greasy for my oily skin and slid around my face like nobodies business during the course of the day, not to mention I looked like I'd just dipped my face in a chip pan.

This one, however, I love.

The formula is much more fluid and absorbs into my skin instantly. It dries to almost a powdery finish. I also find the coverage to be much better with this one and because it actually absorbs, it is way more buildable than the original. I've found that 2 or 3 thin layers, in the areas where I need a bit more help, gives a medium coverage.

I don't set this with a powder since the finish is already quite powdery, and it stays put relatively well. I do have to touch up a couple of times during the day but since I absolutely love the way it makes my skin feel, I'm happy to do that. The tube is long & thin, so it's much more convenient to keep in your bag than the original 'hand cream shaped' one was.

You do only get 40ml in this whereas the original is 50ml and it is the same price, however since it's far thinner in texture and easier to move around your face, you'll likely use less so it should last just as long.

Would definately recommend checking this out if you wanted to like the original but just found it too thick and greasy!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After being disappointed with the original formula of Garnier's BB cream, I decided to pick up the oil-free version in hopes that it would be kinder to my skin - my skin has never been sensitive and is combination/dry, but the original Garnier BB cream caused my face to break out, the scent was far too strong and I ended up looking like a pumpkin. Garnier's oil-free version is a very different animal - lighter scent, runnier formula, lighter color and far less moisturizing. Despite being kinder to my skin and wearing better than the original cream, I still ended up with an orange face after a few hours - and the cream transfered from my face onto everything - my collar, my cellphone, my fingers. I found this product unremarkable and with it's light coverage, low SPF and orange-leaning color, I won't repurchase.

on 6/5/2012 5:24:00 AM

I hated the original BB cream from Garnier, it was just a shiny greasy mess on my skin but this new formula for oily skin is amazing. It actually covers really well, lasts on my skin and doesn't go shiny or leave that greasy film on your skin. Its actually very matte which i like..i would rather add glow where i want it than try to remove glow ever few hours. You can build this up to a very good coverage without it looking thick or cakey. Its really very good.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

FAB for oily skin, the original one was far too oily for my skin type, but luckily garnier redeemed themselves with this one!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
:) +ve
- fantastic coverage, don't need to wear any foundation over it at all, I like to put a little powder over it to keep it matte all day and keep it in place (the rimmel stay matte powder over this is really fab). careful when squeezing the tube, as it's more runny than the original
- covers dark circles under the eyes brilliantly
- matches the skin tone well (although making a few more shades available would be an idea to consider garnier!)
- a little goes along way with this product, so it lasts quite a good time (it's now december, and i'm still on the first tube that i bought in april, i use it every single day and it's still going!)
- it's a travel friendly size
- for the quality, it's very affordable
- has spf 20 (original one is spf 15)
- packaging is very good and appealing, gives clear instruction on how to use (also has the statistics and sample size on the back as well i.e. 80% of saw a reduction in red areas, 92% thought is was fab, etc. - these aren't the actual stats, i'm just giving an example)
- helps to heal spots and improve skin really well! (and disguise those first fine lines of aging, *sighs*): i've been using it now for about 5 months and my skin tone has improved massively and i hardly ever get any breakouts any more (my pores haven't really diminished in size much though)
- nice smell (not too much sent, but just a hint of that lovely fruity, garnier smell)
------------------------------------------------------------------
:( -ve
- same price as the original but has 10ml less, which I don't get why? garnier, would you like to explain that one!
- not suitable for all skin ages (but garnier has brought out one specifically for older skin)
- only 2 skin tones available, so if you have dark skin you'll have to keep looking, and if you have extremely pale skin the light shade might be slightly to dark for you.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i am always on the hunt for a good, matte tinted moisturizer/bb cream because i want to look flawless even if i walk my dog, with no shine.

Like the other ladies, I too tried the regular one first, only to find it was far too greasy for me.

My skin is not oily, more like normal leaning a little bit towards combination. Sometimes it gets dry too. Im a little bit of everything EXCEPT oily.

When i saw the oil free version at Sephora, i immediately bought it, as I love anything with a matte finish (as this one claims to be).

Price is good, I live in Europe so i bought it for 10 Euros, i think the price is the same everywhere (10$ in America and 10 pounds in the UK)

I have blue black hair and a light-medium complexion, and I use the "light" shade.

Light is perfect for NC20 ladies like me, it has neutral/warm undertones which i LOVE because i have a hard time finding something NON-PINK.

It has a light to medium coverage, which is good enough to even out the skin tone.

DO use if you want to give a light tint to your face without feeling too cakey, but DO NOT use it for coverage if you have bad skin, acne and/or scars as it will not give you the results you would expect.

Here are my pros/cons:

PROS
-----------

.affordable price

.great matte finish

.very lightweight

.doesnt clog pores/doesnt breakout

.tube can be carried in purse

.SPF20 (regular one has SPF15) which is awesome especially now that summer is coming and we ALL need to use a good amount of SPF

CONS
-----------

. not many shades. It only comes in 'light' and 'medium'.

. I hate the texture. It is very watery and runs out of the tube incontrollably everytime i open the tube, resulting in me wasting a lot of product.

. although the finish is matte, i did get a bit shiny after a couple of hours. nothing a few blotting papers couldnt solve, however.

Overall, i think it is very good for its price, and i think i will most probably buy a second tube as soon as i finish the first one.

Hope i helped!:)

Natalie

on 6/21/2012 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

well, i am writing this review in astonishment. I have never used tinted moisturizersbefore. I have a an oily acne scarred sensisitive skin that becomes red so easiliy in seboreic areas. so i have to use fullcover and longstay foundations like estee lauder double wear or by terry cover expert daily. My lightest daily make up is a lancome mineral powder with a strong kabuki. Today in lunch time i went to sports club and swimmed and has some steam and when i got out i have noticed i do not have my make up purse with me and i do not have even a moisturizer. i rush into a market on the way back work to buy a cheap moisturizer to save my day. This one was cheap enough and i did not expect more than some moisturizing and slightest cover on my reddened skin would be a great extra. I tried it on and shocked. It is very sheer but evened out my skin more than many medium cover foundations. It is moisturizing and sun protection is an extra. i will keep that one at my sports bag for good.

on 6/25/2012 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Well, maybe a bit early for a review as I have only used this once, but have used the original version and LOVE it, however in the rare hot days we have here in the UK, my oily skin does shine through, so when I saw an ad for an oil free version, I could not buy it soon enough and sure enough, it too is great. As other reviewers say, it's very different from the original; much more runny and looks scarily yellow at first, but when it's spread out, it quickly sinks in and leaves a lovely smooth matte finish which lasts well.

on 6/25/2012 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have oily skin and this product seemed to just sit on top of my skin rather than blend in. It is also hard to not squeeze too much out at one time, so a lot of product gets wasted. However, I ended up giving this to my mom, who has very dry skin, and it look absolutely perfect on her!

on 6/29/2012 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I was so happy to see this in stores while I was overseas (I'm pretty sure it's not out in Australia yet) as the original Garnier BB cream was waaaay too greasy for my oily skin. I don't usually like wearing a full face of liquid foundation everyday, especially in hot weather, however my skin constantly has blemishes that tinted moisturizer can't cover. This BB cream on the other hand provides just enough coverage that I only need concealer on those stubborn blemishes and it blends beautifully into my skin. It's so light that I can't even tell I'm wearing it which is what I love. I still have to powder down my t-zone as my skin is extremely oily which is fine for me. Overall this product is exactly what I've been looking for for a while now, I was just a little disappointed that there was 10ml less product than with the original version. !

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Having tried the Garnier BB cream for normal/dry skin (and being super unimpressed with it), I didn't give this one a second look... However in my local shop they had a tester, and I thought, hey, lets test it out on my hand. Unlike the original one, which seemed almost completely sheer and watery, this one gave pretty full coverage. I'm forever wearing quite high coverage foundations like Vichy and Kryolan, so i wanted something light for day time wear. I thought i'd take a chance on this, but I wasn't expecting much when i purchased it.

However, its surprisingly good, unlike the original... It obviously isn't high coverage, but it does seem to blur out my imperfections without being too sheer. I have dry skin, so I did wonder if this would dry out my skin - however wearing it over moisturiser I was pleasantly surprised. I'd definately wear this for a day out shopping, or for having a day in the house, without worrying about it being too heavy.
It also has SPF 20 in it, which is handy.

It isn't the longest wear foundation, especially over moisturiser, but you can layer it quite easily throughout the day. I do think it would be better for oily skins, however.