3.5

$17.49 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

4 years ago

After having read plenty of bad reviews for the first bb cream of Garnier, I decided to give it a try, despite the fact that I have dry skin and this product is for women with oily to combination skin. To begin with, I must have moisturized my skin well, as it makes my skin looks drier than it actually is. However, this is my fault as it is not suitable for my complexion. Secondly, it smells like alcohol. Well, exactly like alcohol! This is not something that irritates my sensitive skin but this scent lasts a lot on me and it is very annoying. Moreover, the coverage is very light and it is not buildable as I try to put more in order to cover my blemishes, scars etc. and it looks extremely cakey.The spf20 does not protect enough the women who live around Mediterranean Sea. Lastly, the packaging is awful and it looks cheap. The positive aspect is that when I wear this bb cream I feel that I don't wear anything. It feels very light to the skin. It does not contain parabens, which is an important criterion for me when choosing my makeup. All in all, I would not recommend it.

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

4 years ago

I got a samlpe from my Goodiebox (danish beauty subscription box), and it was PERFECT! Was one with my skin tone (not orange at all!), lasted all day, smelled amazing, had a great texture and feel.... So naturally, I went out and bought a full size. Same type, same colour. I have never been so dissapointed before, It's ORANGE. Really, really orange. It only lasts a few hours. It smells bad, it's very water-y. It makes an ok base for eye makeup, if you can hide the orange. It feels very light on the skin, it doesnt cake. I am really not a fan of the packaging, it's very ugly I think. Would never buy again, and will not ever recommend this product to anyone.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

It makes my skin shine and get oily. I didn't like it :(

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

Used this product after seeing adverts and recommendations online, needless to say I was disappointed. The product comes out far darker, and far more orange than it seems, and makes your skin feel pretty greasy. I used this for a few months, but really couldn't get myself to like it. The packaging also seems to trap air bubbles, so as soon as you open it, you'll find the stuff coming out and going everywhere, meaning you've wasted half a tube and you can't stop it. Very pricey, especially considering it doesn't seem to do anything good for your skin.

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairSilver

4 years ago

I used to LOVE this product, I haven't come across a tinted moisturiser/BB Cream with this much coverage - enough to really even things out but not heavy like a foundation, really great for every day use. My only complaint with it was my skin did seem oily in the middle of the day (but everything does that to me and nothing a bit of blotting paper doesn't fix) and it seemed a little drying around my eyes so I needed to make sure I used a heavier eye cream. Yesterday I ran out and repurchased but it's changed :( :( Although the coverage appears to be the same the scent is terrible, its very strong, best way I can describe it is like lemons, but not in a nice way, even though I was put off, I applied it anyhow, I powdered my nose etc as per usual but still the smell stuck, I gave it half an hour and it was too much, I felt sick so I washed it off. I would not recommend of the scent alone, I hope they swap it back. My other issue after deciding to read the ingredients is the 2nd ingredient is alcohol, which concerns me - alcohol is also mentioned twice in the listing. Which i suppose explains the drying around my eyes and probably would be counter productive to oily skin as to dry your skin out too much only causes it to over produce oil to compensate. Pros. Cheap Packaging easy to get last drops out Good Coverage Blends Well Light colour isn't pink on my yellow based fair skin Cons. SCENT!!! - makes it un-usable to me Heavy on alcohol - drying on eyes

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

breaks me out badly

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

3.0

4 years ago

I used to like it, but I'm not the biggest fan of it any more. It does give a nice finish to my skin but it also settles on my dry patches. Good for summer, but very drying in winter.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

So I bought this product yesterday and I love the finis. It looks very natural and covers pimples and acne scars very naturally i.e. Skin shows through but it's looks healthy. I think they fixed the packaging because I don't believe it spills a lot

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

I've used this product for quite some time... maybe a year. But I always knew that I was settling. The "deep" shade is the only one that can possibly work on me but the undertone is decidedly red so it was never as natural as I would have liked. The texture of the cream is more "light foundation" than "tinted moisturiser" so it does give fair coverage. And it achieves this without the whitish look other BB creams leave on black skin due to their SPF. The absolutely worse thing about this BB cream is the packaging. Every time I've used it, it's made a mess, oozing out the tube and staining my make-up case. In fact I'd taken to storing it in a separate ziplock bag. How hard could it be to come up with a more user-friendly tube?

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBlack

4 years ago

Over the last two years I have been using the classic Garnier BB cream light. It does create an instant pick up and I was generally happy with it. However it always made my skin greasy so I had to soak the excess oil with a paper towel throughout the day. Then I tried the Garnier BB for combination to oily skin and it is so much better. The shine on my face is nowhere near what it was with the previous product. It also has a better coverage. I am happy with it.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age36-43