Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just repurchased my second jar of this and this is my favorite drugstore foundation. I breakout badly during that time of month and this foundation can be medium to full coverage covering all of my breakouts. It is very bendable and creamy. It does not feel heavy on my skin and gives me a nice glow that isn't too dewy but it isn't matte. Ive found that using a beauty blender or makeup sponge to apply this it gives that nice glow on my skin and is all over evenly. If you have dry skin you should moisturize your skin beforehand. I have relatively dry skin mostly around my mouth area. I don't use this so much in the winter unless I am breaking out very badly since the cold air tends to dry out my skin more. I just love it because it has full coverage, its easy to blend, lasts all day (even if I'm in the sun all day), and you don't have to put a lot on to get a lot of coverage and have it all over your face.

on 7/22/2016 2:15:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

First off: The packaging is terrible. It's unhygenic, and unlike most glass bottles, there's no way to add your own (or another brand's) pump. I've resorted to setting aside a brush especially for this foundation, since it's the way I've found this foundation to be easiest to apply via. Despite the brush solely for this, and the frequent washings it gets- It just feels icky to have the contents of this jar so exposed to the world.

The product itself: I can understand how this could be someone's nightmare. Unless you have oily or very moisturised skin, this stuff's a pain to blend out and eradicate patchiness. HOWEVER, if you do have the time to moisturise beforehand and to set it thoroughly afterwards, then this foundation is nice. I got mine on sale for something like $8NZD, and I'm very pleased with it, but there's no way on this good earth I would pay the standard $25 - $35NZD that this retails for in chemists and department stores.

Consistency is a bit like a cross between Maybelline's dream liquid mousse, and Kat Von D's Lock It foundation: It's thick and creamy, and you're not worried about it dripping or seeping over the jar's edge. It doesn't apply thickly though, it's very buildable. No scent, which I like.

To Read all 1351 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

List of my pros and cons:

Pros: Great ingredients, Application is easy, coverage is good, staying power is on point. Good Staying power.

Cons: It looked very dull. I would expect a foundation to improve my skin's texture and give it a fresh glow. It didn't do that. I was looking very tired and dull. So returned it. I love my MAC SFF and will stick to it for now. I'll try a lighter shade and edit if I like it more.

Will repurchase lighter shade to see if I like it but as of now, I wouldn't repurchase same color.

on 7/6/2016 8:54:00 PM

Interesting, heavy mousse texture. Very creamy and blendable. With that said, transfer and shifting is a frequent occurance due to it not adhering to the skin much. The skin absorbs it but it is slightly slippery. Basically, don't touch it during the day or else it'll move. Great coverage, barely feels like it is there. Essentialy has a dreamy feel. Works as a concealer, too. Great shade matching. Love the durable glassy container, but it is very heavy. 7/10.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have combination skin so it is pretty tough to find foundations for me. You'd think it'd be easy but nope. My T-zone gets incredibly oily during the day whilst the rest of my face is rather dry (no flakes or visible dryness but definitely drier).

I found the foundation hard to apply to my face to be honest. If i used a brush, it would result in my skin developing serious dryness which I never noticed normally. I despised using my fingers and it didn't apply evenly on my face and it felt awful rubbing my hands over my face just to blend a product in. I resulted in using a beauty blender to apply. This was definitely easier but a bit tricky and the formula is kind of a mouse but just a tad more runny.

I HAD to use a fair amount of moisturiser and primer before applying the foundation. I also had to make sure it was dry before trying to apply or it completely messed up.

The colour match is close to my skin colour but not quite there,

It did control the amount of oil on my T-zone and reduced it which i was pleased about. The rest of my face felt as if I did have a slight mask on. But, the coverage is great in my opinion for my red patched face.
For the price I don't like it. I guess I should have expected it but I didn't. I don't like the packaging much. Being a teen with acne prone skin in all weird areas of my face I didn't enjoy having to somehow fin a way t scoop out product from the jar. I t finished it either. It's just there in my makeup box never to be used unless as a last resort but I will probably throw it away.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh no no no no no, Revlon. Regardless of application method, this so-called foundation with the consistency of congealed paint forms a heavy, claylike mask over your poor face that will then crack and split off into subcontinents within an hour, in spite of any primers or powders. You know those images of dried up lakes where the ground is all cracked and split? You will legit look like that. No. On top of all that, it contains ethylhexyl palmitate and other nasties, so have fun getting horrible cystic acne within 12 hours of it touching you.

Amount spent: ~$11
Amount wasted: $11

I usually use the Revlon Colorstay Oily/Combo liquid formula, but this intrigued me. I had heard other people say to apply with your fingers and so that's what I did the first time I applied this-- yuck. It was a cakey gross mess. So it went back in my makeup bag and I used my liquid until it ran out and now I am using this with a damp real techniques blending sponge and it looks much the same as my liquid formula. No better or worse. I will not be repurchasing this as it is unsanitary and a bit harder to blend than the liquid version. The packaging is also super bulky, messy, and heavy... and I'm pretty sure this is more expensive.

I loved this foundation. It covered my rosacea without looking cakey or too heavy. It went on evenly. But..

First of all, the packaging is terrible. I realize the formula makes dispensing a challenge, but the pot style packaging welcomes bacteria and oxidization.

Furthermore, I learned from this product that I have EXTREME sensitivity to salycilic acid (used in acne treatments.) I had never known this because despite my rosacea, I never had acne. But man, after using this stuff my once smooth face was so bumpy and crusty that I looked like an alligator for a week and a half. I also made the mistake of trying to use this foundation to cover up the red bumps, but immediately felt a burning sensation and washed it off right away.

Basically, be sure of ingredients before buying. This foundation has mainly good reviews and the price is right, but definitely beware if you're sensitive like me.

on 6/22/2016 3:58:00 PM

This foundation has been on my list to try forever and i just recently picked it up.

First impressions: *shocked* that this has a LIGHT OLIVE SHADE (buff)

Packaging: heavy glass jar, black screw top (which gets dirty super fast) you also do not get alot of product, i dont even think you get a full ounce.

Texture: super thick, mousse like

Coverage: medium but is build-able to full

Finish: for reference i'm normal with a oily t-zone, i find this to be demi-matte or a satin finish. Its gorgeous!

longevity: this is where this foundation really WOWs me, i have a very long day ( i put my makeup on around 5:30 AM and i dont take it off until after 8PM i also have a mile walk to and from my office to my train, and this stuff LASTS) It doesn't look heavy or feel heavy, even on a hummid Chicago summer day.

Application Method: i use the Wayne method of powdering my forehead before i apply my foundation (extremely oily there!) then i apply this with my Tarte Bamboo Airbrush Foundation brush. i then let the foundation set on its own for about 5-7 minutes, then i lightly dust a loose setting powder. I'm obsessed with the finish result!!

I have never deemed a foundation HG but this just might fit that bill...

the formula of this foundation is gorgeous, by far my favorite by revlon.

it is a creme so it is also on the heavy side, but it blends and sits on the skin so nicely that it doesnt feel heavy at all.

this covers everything beautifully, a full coverage foundation without the heavy, cakey feeling of a full coverage makeup.

as others have pointed out, this formula wears better as the day goes on and also the color selection is very good, so im sure you'll find one for you.

the packaging is in a heavy glass jar, and you dont get a full 1 fluid oz so on that note it is a bit expensive for drugstore product, so wait for a sale/coupons

i think that this is suitable for all skin types, but drier skinned people could use a moisturizer prior to this.