Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 1/19/2018 6:57:00 PM

i really like long wearing foundations like el doublewear for my mature combination skin. colorstay whipped is the worst. after a full day of work my skin which is pretty good for 49 looked worse than it would with nothing at all. cryptkeeper status. its going in the trash. total fail.

on 1/12/2018 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is a lovely foundation. I was hesitant when first purchasing this because I really dislike both the formula and color selection of Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation, but decided to go for it because it was on sale. A bit of background information: I have oily skin that tends to break down foundation quickly along with mild to moderate cystic acne. My main objective when wearing foundation is to cover my acne scaring and control my oily skin. This foundation met all my goals. I wear 200 sand beige which I find similar to L'Oreal true match n3, Mac nc 20/25, and Smashbox 1.2. I feel that it is a dupe for Smashbox's Studio Skin, but with an easier application and more better finish.

Pros:
-This foundation offers a natural finish. When applied lightly and with a beauty blender, it looks like skin while offering medium coverage.
-This is definitely long wearing. It's my go to for my 12+ hour school days.
-It wears well on my oily skin. I don't feel the need to powder when I first apply it and only blot once or twice within a 12 hour time period.
-This foundation can be built up to offer better coverage in spots that you need it. I often use a bit as concealer by letting it set a bit on problem areas before blending it out.
- Despite the jar packaging, my acne prone skin is not irritated by it.
- It reminds me of many high end foundations such as Smashbox Studio Skin and Estee Lauder DW, in its longevity. When applied lightly and on a moisturized base, the application and initial finish reminds me a bit of Chanel Sublimage foundation. However, I prefer this due to the fact that Studio Skin and DW tend to emphasize my texture and look heavy and Sublimage doesn't wear well on my skin type. Also the price obviously.

Cons:
- It's packaged in a jar. I don't really mind it at all as i've had no issues with breaking out, but it is bulky.
- Currently the only place I see it's available is on Revlon's website.
-The shade range- there seems to currently be only four shades available.
- If you apply to much, it can look cakey. It took me a few tries to determine how much to apply to get the finish I wanted.

Well that's about all. I hope this little review helps any of you guys that are looking to try this out!!!!

I really like how this felt on my dry skin and had no complaints about how long it lasted. It did break my skin out though, so I won’t buy it again. Probably because the packaging is unsanitary. I really hate packaging that is unsanitary and “pot” designed foundations are the absolute worst. Unless you disinfect your hands or whatever tool you are using to retrieve the foundation every single time perfectly, bacteria thrives in this moist, dark little tub of foundation that can be used over and over for months.

on 12/10/2017 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Goes on smooth and blends great. It's moisturizing, but isn't greasy. Good coverage. Good for my combination and mature skin. Will buy again.

on 10/22/2017 9:00:00 PM

This past weekend, I had almost $40 in CVS Extra Bucks and decided I would stock up on my new HG foundation. This product started out as a definite Meh for me - but recently, I'd dug it out and gave it another try, to find that the color (Warm Golden) is the best match ever for me, and that it has durability throughout the business day. Not sure why I didn't like it initially, but this is now my go-to for most days. I find the gel texture to be easy to work with using fingers to apply and blend. I don't get much, if any, oxidation. It's subtly perfect - initially it can seem kind of blah, until you look at yourself in hour 5 or 6 and see how well everything is holding up.

So with Extra Bucks ready and waiting on my card, alas, I found that the Whipped Creme foundation is no more. I bought instead the liquid ColorStay for normal to dry skin, in Sand Beige (since Warm Golden is not offered in this product), and will give it a fair trial.

I found a site today that sells discontinued cosmetics, mostly drugstore brands, called Buy Me Beauty, and they have all shades of the Whipped Creme foundation in stock. I bought 4. (FYI I should mention that I was not a drugstore foundation girl until this product. I've tried so many, from so many different high-end brands, that I just have never been wild about or wanted to buy twice. It was just chance that I dug this out, probably left over from some business trip on which I forgot to bring foundation from home.)

on 10/3/2017 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to like this because it's different, but I wouldn't buy again. I could always feel it on my face, and it felt very heavy. It also settled into my fine lines.

on 9/18/2017 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

My family has been used Revlon for more than 10 years.
My mother used Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Dry Skin. When she was running out foundation, the seller on the counter said that the foundation she usually used was no longer available and recommend this instead.
I don't know whether it was marketing trick or the seller was dumb not knowing there's no way Revlon stops producing one of their best foundation. Anyway, my mother bought it and quickly decided that this foundation is definitely not for her.
Contrary to mine, my mother's skin is dry and because of its thick consistency, this Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup was quite thick in coverage. Definitely to thick and cakey for mature skin.
And then, because not long after that I was running out of foundation too (I used Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation for Oily Skin), I offered to use this instead of her. I bought her the usual foundation. Turned out that Revlon was changing the packaging only (lol)

My skin is oily to very oily skin. I usually begins my makeup routine by using Revlon Moondrops Moisturizer for Oily Skin, then applied Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer 001. After that I applied foundation and Revlon Touch & Glow Loose Powder (all Revlon, haha).
I usually need to blot my face around after 4 hours, which I considered normal after watching Lisa Eldridge video about foundation for oily skin. Compared to Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation, this whipped creme makeup gives more coverage and my big pores disappear. I applied it using fingers.
My country here is very hot and humid. I have to be careful applying this around my nose because sometimes it melts!
It doesn't cause me any breakout.
Closing word is, if you have dry skin, you really need moisturizer for this. For oily skin, it's decent

on 9/3/2017 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this because I have dry skin and I thought this would work. Nope! It settles into any pores and lines and it was just awful for my skin.

on 9/2/2017 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love the coverage, but the feel of it drives me nuts. It's like it never totally sinks into my skin, and instead just sits there feeling all tacky and sticky. No one else seems to be having this problem, so clearly I'm the outlier. I also don't get more than eight hours out of this, despite having normal skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really liked this foundation! I believe it's been discontinued though?