Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Love, love, love this foundation. Don't know how I missed all the great reviews over the last few years. The creaminess of the product allows for it to blend in flawlessly with your skin -- if you've got the right shade. I haven't tried a foundation brush with this yet since fingertips work fine and are faster when you're trying to go somewhere.

Unless I'm mistaken, Wally World sells this in bulk to individual customers who order online. When I saw that, I knew this was some seriously good stuff.

I paid around $14.95 for this at Kroger. Walmart was about the same. I guess for a great DS foundation, that's a good price.

As for packaging, the heavy glass jar is elegant and ritzy, but I'd rather do without all that glass weight and make it up in foundation. DYSWIDT?

This foundation is pretty good, I have shade 1 ivory and I use this foundation as a concealer and a blending sponge to blend it in. It has about medium coverage which is basically what I need. Using a blending sponge makes it more natural than using a brush or your fingers. It's kinda expensive though... $22.99 for a jar of 30ml, but using it as a concealer makes the price so much better. I would prefer to use this during the summer though because it it's not very moisturizing and I have dry skin so it clings to dry patches, it should be great for people with oily skin though. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation, but as you can see by my 4-lippie rating, I'm leaning towards "love" right now. ;)

I have bright red hormonal acne on my lower jaw, and you wouldn't believe how difficult it has been to find a high-coverage foundation that will conceal this redness while also matching my awkward skintone (I'm right smack in between an NC20 and NW20). I've tried just about every high-coverage drugstore foundation out there, and about a dozen high-end ones. So far, only Revlon Colorstay Whipped and Kat Von D Lock-It have made the cut! I've purchased both of them time and time again, but I have a soft spot for Colorstay Whipped because it's so much more affordable than the KVD.

The pros:
- Nude 220 matches my skin almost perfectly year-round!
- Provides far more coverage for my bright red acne than Revlon Colorstay liquid does
- Unique, bouncy, whipped texture
- The finish is surprisingly natural and satin-like on my skin, considering how thick the product is
- Packaging feels luxurious for a drugstore product
- My buffing brush fits perfectly in the jar
- Much more affordable that my other favorite, Kat Von D Lock-It

The cons:
- Slides right off my face if I wear a hydrating moisturizer underneath
- Feels a tad heavy in the summer months
- Feels tacky on skin all day if I apply too much, too quickly
- The glass jar isn't always convenient for travel

So while this is a staple in my makeup drawer, I'm still keeping an eye out for the next best thing in drugstore foundations!

on 1/17/2017 6:03:00 PM

I found it to be very cakey looking on me personally. A friend of mine reccomended it but it wasn't for me. I have a bit of a makeup addiction (don't we all :p) so I will try anything. I also found it a bit oily on my face - much prefer my MAC foundation!

Bulky packaging, but it's understandable considering the product is a whipped formula. I use the lightest shade. It isn't an exact match, but it's close enough that it looks fine once I blend and add powder. If you have oily skin in the slightest, you will need to matte your face with a matte primer/powder. This foundation will turn into an oil slick quick if you don't. It is a nice light to medium coverage and looks somewhat natural on the skin. If you need a full face of full coverage, this isn't for you. I would purchase this again, but it isn't a holy grail product for me.

on 12/31/2016 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Asian woman,mid 30's, NC25-30,dry &acne prone skin on U area, normal&slightly oily on T area

I bought this when my skin was in very bad condition meanwhile life wont wait for anything.

You'll like it if:
- you're looking for a medium to full coverage foundation,because it does that. It will cover commonshenanigans your skin have, like dark spots,acne marks, scar marks.
- you want matte finish, for it gives you that
- you're active and need a durable foundation. Once I went rafting wearing this foundation, and boy did it stick to the end. Waterproof and sweatproof without sucking the life out of your skin like Kryolan or simply transfer to anything like Sleek creme foundation

You may hate it if you:
- have lots of dry patches or have dry skin. I will cling to your dry patches, you'll need a mist primer, not silicone ones. You also need to moisturize really well to avoid extreme dryness.
- hate using beauty blender or similar sponge and prefer brush instead. I find it performs at its best when I apply and blend it with damp sponge.
- you prefer natural or dewy/glow finish, because it's not that whatsoever

I hate the heavy glass packaging which is not travel friendly and feels it is not hygienic at all. I love the color range, texture, longevity, availability and the price.
Every now and then I always find myself using this foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Favorite foundation of all time. I apply with my fingers (which i never do with other foundations. I think that's the trick to this stuff. Anyways it's great for people with dry skin because it doesn't have much water in it. If you have dry skin and your foundation has too much water.. you skin will literally suck in your foundation. So this stuff is a. You definitely need a setting spray for this to make it look more natural. I like rose water and glycerin.

on 11/24/2016 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was excited to try this foundation, being that it's a whipped formula I figured it would be better for my dry skin than the regular Colorstay. Wrong this accentuates every dry patch on my face, even in places where I'm not normally dry; the price point also isn't great. Would not recommend for dry skin, however the coverage is good and it has a beautiful finish.

on 10/16/2016 4:44:00 PM

Not a good foundation.... Cakes, exaggerates pores, feels heavy, rubs off everywhere... Just no!

on 9/20/2016 4:38:00 AM

Love this foundation, great coverage, natural finish. Great lasting power. Buff is a great neutral colour for my pale skin