Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 5/28/2017 8:59:00 PM

For some reason a bunch of these were marked down to $7 at Riteaid(normally costs about $14)..for the record, I HATE foundation lol, I normally just wear BB creams, light tinted moisturizers, powder compact foundations, or loose mineral foundations, I decided to try this knowing I could return it if hated it..its really pretty good! Its a fuller coverage than I normally wear, but when buffed in well, or mixed with a serum or oil, I really liked the overall look. I'm 47, no crazy wrinkles yet, no dark marks or acne, with combo skin, very oily t zone...the 3 times I've worn this so far, it has worn well, and lasted all day with an oil blot after about 5 hours, it didn't cling to dry patches or get cakey...I used a very little bit of Rimmel stay matte powder on my tzone, and set with a spray of rosewater...definitely recommend.

on 5/10/2017 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I just started using this foundation about a month ago and I LOVE it! I am so picky with foundations. I have acne scarring but aside from that, I prefer a full coverage just so a little goes a long way. I used to use Kat Von D Lock it everyday, and before that I would use it only on special occasions and use Revlon Colorstay (original) on a daily basis-until they changed it. I didn't like the new formula at all so I was left using Kat Von D everyday because nothing else worked on my oily, hard to match skin, neutral skin. This, of course, became too heavy for everyday use and felt like it, too and also drying. I love it for special occasions though.

I did some research and came across this. I didn't even know there was a whpped/crème formula. I like that it is crème/whipped so it doesn't feel/look too dry yet it is still matte! The coverage is awesome, little goes a long way! Unfortunately, the color that best matches me is not sold in stores ANYWHERE (Warm golden) around me so I have to order from Amazon but that's okay.

I find using my clean hands to apply and blend is best. Hope they never discontinue. It's HG for me. Goes on smooth, stays matte but not dry, little goes a long way and full coverage! Oh-and not clogging at all :)

on 5/9/2017 9:54:00 PM

This is the foundation that I keep coming back to for my forty-something pale skin. Wish it was in a pump. Good color match, not too yellow, not too pink. Moisturizing, but still a fairly matte finish and decent coverage. Still looking for perfection, but this is the best I've found so far!

on 4/10/2017 10:24:00 PM

I love the Colorstay Whipped Foundation!!! I am 40 years old and was stopped today and asked what my secret is because my skin was nice...I told her Revlon Colorstay Whipped! I am older and liking this version of the foundation better nowdays. The whipped version does not get pushed as much as it should. It blends like a dream and leaves such a beautiful finish! Nice lasting power too!

on 4/2/2017 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. I compare it to the same coverage as the tarte Amazonian clay foundation. It is important to get the right shade to enjoy this foundation. It makes a great base and doesn't break apart. I have very oily skin and work outdoors in Texas heat. With setting powder this foundation can be very Matt yet as the day goes on turns to a healthy glow rather than Cakey or oily. Seems like the longer you wear it the better it looks

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Love, love, love this foundation. Don't know how I missed all the great reviews over the last few years. The creaminess of the product allows for it to blend in flawlessly with your skin -- if you've got the right shade. I haven't tried a foundation brush with this yet since fingertips work fine and are faster when you're trying to go somewhere.

Unless I'm mistaken, Wally World sells this in bulk to individual customers who order online. When I saw that, I knew this was some seriously good stuff.

I paid around $14.95 for this at Kroger. Walmart was about the same. I guess for a great DS foundation, that's a good price.

As for packaging, the heavy glass jar is elegant and ritzy, but I'd rather do without all that glass weight and make it up in foundation. DYSWIDT?

This foundation is pretty good, I have shade 1 ivory and I use this foundation as a concealer and a blending sponge to blend it in. It has about medium coverage which is basically what I need. Using a blending sponge makes it more natural than using a brush or your fingers. It's kinda expensive though... $22.99 for a jar of 30ml, but using it as a concealer makes the price so much better. I would prefer to use this during the summer though because it it's not very moisturizing and I have dry skin so it clings to dry patches, it should be great for people with oily skin though. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation, but as you can see by my 4-lippie rating, I'm leaning towards "love" right now. ;)

I have bright red hormonal acne on my lower jaw, and you wouldn't believe how difficult it has been to find a high-coverage foundation that will conceal this redness while also matching my awkward skintone (I'm right smack in between an NC20 and NW20). I've tried just about every high-coverage drugstore foundation out there, and about a dozen high-end ones. So far, only Revlon Colorstay Whipped and Kat Von D Lock-It have made the cut! I've purchased both of them time and time again, but I have a soft spot for Colorstay Whipped because it's so much more affordable than the KVD.

The pros:
- Nude 220 matches my skin almost perfectly year-round!
- Provides far more coverage for my bright red acne than Revlon Colorstay liquid does
- Unique, bouncy, whipped texture
- The finish is surprisingly natural and satin-like on my skin, considering how thick the product is
- Packaging feels luxurious for a drugstore product
- My buffing brush fits perfectly in the jar
- Much more affordable that my other favorite, Kat Von D Lock-It

The cons:
- Slides right off my face if I wear a hydrating moisturizer underneath
- Feels a tad heavy in the summer months
- Feels tacky on skin all day if I apply too much, too quickly
- The glass jar isn't always convenient for travel

So while this is a staple in my makeup drawer, I'm still keeping an eye out for the next best thing in drugstore foundations!

on 1/17/2017 6:03:00 PM

I found it to be very cakey looking on me personally. A friend of mine reccomended it but it wasn't for me. I have a bit of a makeup addiction (don't we all :p) so I will try anything. I also found it a bit oily on my face - much prefer my MAC foundation!

Bulky packaging, but it's understandable considering the product is a whipped formula. I use the lightest shade. It isn't an exact match, but it's close enough that it looks fine once I blend and add powder. If you have oily skin in the slightest, you will need to matte your face with a matte primer/powder. This foundation will turn into an oil slick quick if you don't. It is a nice light to medium coverage and looks somewhat natural on the skin. If you need a full face of full coverage, this isn't for you. I would purchase this again, but it isn't a holy grail product for me.