Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 10/3/2017 4:34:00 PM

I really wanted to like this because it's different, but I wouldn't buy again. I could always feel it on my face, and it felt very heavy. It also settled into my fine lines.

on 9/18/2017 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

My family has been used Revlon for more than 10 years.
My mother used Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Dry Skin. When she was running out foundation, the seller on the counter said that the foundation she usually used was no longer available and recommend this instead.
I don't know whether it was marketing trick or the seller was dumb not knowing there's no way Revlon stops producing one of their best foundation. Anyway, my mother bought it and quickly decided that this foundation is definitely not for her.
Contrary to mine, my mother's skin is dry and because of its thick consistency, this Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup was quite thick in coverage. Definitely to thick and cakey for mature skin.
And then, because not long after that I was running out of foundation too (I used Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation for Oily Skin), I offered to use this instead of her. I bought her the usual foundation. Turned out that Revlon was changing the packaging only (lol)

My skin is oily to very oily skin. I usually begins my makeup routine by using Revlon Moondrops Moisturizer for Oily Skin, then applied Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer 001. After that I applied foundation and Revlon Touch & Glow Loose Powder (all Revlon, haha).
I usually need to blot my face around after 4 hours, which I considered normal after watching Lisa Eldridge video about foundation for oily skin. Compared to Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation, this whipped creme makeup gives more coverage and my big pores disappear. I applied it using fingers.
My country here is very hot and humid. I have to be careful applying this around my nose because sometimes it melts!
It doesn't cause me any breakout.
Closing word is, if you have dry skin, you really need moisturizer for this. For oily skin, it's decent

on 9/2/2017 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love the coverage, but the feel of it drives me nuts. It's like it never totally sinks into my skin, and instead just sits there feeling all tacky and sticky. No one else seems to be having this problem, so clearly I'm the outlier. I also don't get more than eight hours out of this, despite having normal skin.

on 6/22/2017 10:07:00 PM

Dull and dirty is definitely the look this foundation leaves you with. It rolls when it starts to dry, so you can't really play with it to get it to look right. It made my face look ashy. This stuff clinged to my dry patches. I would normally be able to work with the product to combat this from happening, but man this stuff isn't malleable at all. It provides great coverage if you can get it to work right, but this stuff just looked awful overall no matter what I tried. Avoid, unless you want your skin to look like its prematurely decaying before you even make it to 6 feet under.

on 9/3/2017 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this because I have dry skin and I thought this would work. Nope! It settles into any pores and lines and it was just awful for my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really liked this foundation! I believe it's been discontinued though?

on 4/10/2017 10:24:00 PM

I love the Colorstay Whipped Foundation!!! I am 40 years old and was stopped today and asked what my secret is because my skin was nice...I told her Revlon Colorstay Whipped! I am older and liking this version of the foundation better nowdays. The whipped version does not get pushed as much as it should. It blends like a dream and leaves such a beautiful finish! Nice lasting power too!

on 5/9/2017 9:54:00 PM

This is the foundation that I keep coming back to for my forty-something pale skin. Wish it was in a pump. Good color match, not too yellow, not too pink. Moisturizing, but still a fairly matte finish and decent coverage. Still looking for perfection, but this is the best I've found so far!

on 5/10/2017 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I just started using this foundation about a month ago and I LOVE it! I am so picky with foundations. I have acne scarring but aside from that, I prefer a full coverage just so a little goes a long way. I used to use Kat Von D Lock it everyday, and before that I would use it only on special occasions and use Revlon Colorstay (original) on a daily basis-until they changed it. I didn't like the new formula at all so I was left using Kat Von D everyday because nothing else worked on my oily, hard to match skin, neutral skin. This, of course, became too heavy for everyday use and felt like it, too and also drying. I love it for special occasions though.

I did some research and came across this. I didn't even know there was a whpped/crème formula. I like that it is crème/whipped so it doesn't feel/look too dry yet it is still matte! The coverage is awesome, little goes a long way! Unfortunately, the color that best matches me is not sold in stores ANYWHERE (Warm golden) around me so I have to order from Amazon but that's okay.

I find using my clean hands to apply and blend is best. Hope they never discontinue. It's HG for me. Goes on smooth, stays matte but not dry, little goes a long way and full coverage! Oh-and not clogging at all :)

on 6/22/2017 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really enjoy this foundation. I am 40 something with skin on the dry side. I have some age spots and I've always been freckled. That being said...I like how this applies. Honestly, for me, I like to just use my fingers. A few other reviewers mentioned that a beauty blender gets better results than a brush. I agree. I love the whipped texture. When I first used this, I didn't expect such a luxurious feel. Soo good. I bought 330 true beige, and it matches so well. I love when I choose the best shade the first time. In the winter I don't bother setting this with powder, as it really doesn't need much help staying put on my skin. The texture is creamy and surprisingly light but the coverage kicks butt! Now that the warmer weather has come I like to set it with a light powder like cover f/x, or NYX mineral powder. Either of those work well with the foundation. So overall I really enjoy this foundation. I also have to say that I don't bother separating the terms "drugstore brand" and "more expensive brand"...cuz the last drugstore foundation I bought was over the $15 price tag. Outrageous. I think I spent around $12 on a Sephora brand foundation. Just saying...