Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, BIS-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Squalane, BIS-Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polyethylene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triisostearin, Diisostearyl Malate, Cera Microcrystallina ((Microcrystalline Wax) Cire Microcristalline), Trimethylolpropane Triethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Polyamide-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Mentha Piperita ((Peppermint) Oil (Mentha Piperita Oil), Limonene, Sorbic Acid, May Contain/Peut Contenir [+/-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Orange 5 (CI 45370), Red 21 (CI 45380), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)].

on 2/2/2017 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm really impressed with this balm stain. It's just what I was looking for in a stain. It's really light and seems sheer at first. After a couple layers, it has a really good color payoff. I have to apply it about every 3 hours. It leaves a nice wash of color that makes me look put together and doesn't give me ghost lips. I wish it was a bit more moisturizing, but it's not uncomfortable by any means. The finish looks kind of satin. It's not glossy or sticky which I really like. This is a great everyday color which goes with a lot of looks. Overall, I am happy with this stain and hope to try out other colors.

on 1/17/2017 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have reviewed this years ago I think and I'll review this again.
After years and years of using this color "Honey", this is still a staple in my everyday makeup kit and I use this on clients. The texture is perfect very moisturizing and very light on the lips and very blendable. I put this on even without a mirror and it goes on perfectly. Even when I eat and drink, it doesn't wear off or appear patchy. It's perfect. I have recommended this to my friends and clients especially those who are low maintenance like me who don't like touching up every now and then.

I usually use this as a base for any lipstick to give it more blendability. Sometimes I use this on top of the lipstick. I think I have used up 15 tubes of this. Lol

I will repurchase this product til I die. Lol (hope Revlon doesn't discontinue this product)
I highly recommend this!

Perfect everyday, go-to, no brainer color. Good texture, moisturizing, comfortable, excellent pigmentation, easy to apply. The only downside would be the mint flavor which I'm not a fan of - but it does go away as soon as you finish applying it so no big deal

on 1/1/2017 4:53:00 PM

"Honey" is the closest MLBB color I've come across yet. It's a neutral, slightly mauvey rosy pink, not too pale for my pigmented lips but only a shade or so darker than my natural lip color. If you've found most recommended MLBB colors to be too pale, gray or brown on you, then you'll probably like Honey.

This applies like a satin lipstick with a slight sheen, but it stains your lips so there's still some color left after the gloss wears away. My favorite part of these stains is that they wear off evenly so you don't end up with a weird outer ring of color on your mouth with nothing in the middle (this is true even of darker colors like "Shameless").

There's a slight minty scent and no taste. It feels good going on and doesn't dry out my lips (which are prone to chapping, especially in the winter). I really like the packaging and format, which makes this easy to apply. The price is OK too, especially since drugstores regularly will have sales on these. Definitely recommended!

I can't speak for any of the other balm stain formulas (matte or lacquer), but Honey in particular is just a really solid lip product. As far as an everyday easy lip product is concerned I've never found anything better. 1) It's easy and fast to apply. 2) It doesn't bleed or feather 3) It's moisturizing and comfortable 4) The formula feels weightless on the lips 5) It is long wearing AND 6) It wears completely evenly throughout the day, so there's no need to touch up unless you want to 7) It is decently pigmented and applies evenly 8) It is universally flattering, a "your lips but better" kind of deep dusty rose shade. It's definitely a throw it on and go kind of product and it's also natural enough that you can put it on to perk up your face even if you're not wearing any other makeup, it doesn't even look like you're wearing lipstick. Revlon is known for making great lip products and I think they definitely got it right with this one.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this when I first put it on the lips, I really like the pinky mauve colour and it is really flattering on my skin tone. However, as has been said, the stain left behind on my lips is red! I love the fact that it stains as colour usually wears off very quickly but red really wasn't what I was looking for! I am tempted to try it in smitten as I think that one might stain my lips a better colour.

I've repurchased this balm at least 3 times and it is still my favorite shade in this line, (demure being fave in the lacquer version) initial application it is a slight tint that will darken to a rosy-mauve mlbb type shade. it leaves my lips pretty shiny but not in a glossy type way. wear time is pretty good too, around 5 hours and there will still be a hint of color from the stain I think that it is pretty moisturizing as well, I hope that this shade never gets discontinued

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really love the initial color of this on my lips, and I like that it lasts for a fairly decent time without drying out my lips too much. It's a mauve-nude color that is easy to throw on with whatever I wear and the application is easy with the twist up. However, the only reason I wouldn't rebuy this is because it stains my lips a reddish color. Sometimes this is a flattering result, but most of the time I reach for this because I want something more understated than a red. If this stained my lips the same mauve-nude color, I would not hesitate to repurchase this.

LOVE! The perfect pinky nude for me, incredibly long lasting, layerable, moisturizing. I also have "Adore" and "Crush" (wonderful daytime alternatives to red and wine lipsticks)... they are as wonderful as Tarte stains but better price of course.

The texture is not overly waxy, not overly creamy and not as "wet" as Tarte, but seem to really last well with decent colour payoff. They are not drying for me at all, and many products don't like my dry lips. I rarely re-apply or re-apply only once over a long day-into-night wear.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Oh man, do I love this product. It's so good. I just found this particular color, brand new, never been unwrapped in a forgotten makeup case and was SO EXCITED! I love Revlon's balm stains and this one is particularly lovely. It is definitely your lips but better. It looks a lot more brownish based on the packaging but the color is more of a clay rose/mauve. I would say it would be a nice sub for Glossier's Like but it has a little more brown to it and it's much more hydrating. I hope they make this product forever! What's nice compared to their matte lip balms is that these go on sheer but have a hint of balm so your lips feel hydrated. It also has a nice buildable quality to it.