Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, BIS-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Squalane, BIS-Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polyethylene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triisostearin, Diisostearyl Malate, Cera Microcrystallina ((Microcrystalline Wax) Cire Microcristalline), Trimethylolpropane Triethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Polyamide-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Mentha Piperita ((Peppermint) Oil (Mentha Piperita Oil), Limonene, Sorbic Acid, May Contain/Peut Contenir [+/-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Orange 5 (CI 45370), Red 21 (CI 45380), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)].

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really want to like this. I've seen these balm stains and specifically Honey recommended nearly everywhere and seen reviews that show it as a pretty MLBB shade. When I bought it for myself, though, I couldn't quite figure out why I didn't like it until I swatched it on my hand. It is a very bright pink against my skin. Against my more pigmented lips, the brightness is toned down, but it's still a really unnatural looking shade. That's not to say that they color is ugly, it's just not at all what I was looking for or expecting. I like the consistency (although it has a strong mint scent which I don't care for) and the packaging is convenient, but unfortunately range of colors is just too small and mostly bright colors which don't work for me.

on 3/31/2017 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is one of my favorite lipsticks when I have a cool toned makeup look. It feels and smells good and it has good staying power.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favourite lipstick/lipstain. Revlon always has the best colours that are rich and luxurious. This lipstick is easy to apply and long lasting. It's very hydrating and doesn't dry out my lips. It's as good as using lip ice. It's also very affordable and lasts longer than most lipsticks due to the design of the tube. Theres also no risk of the lipstick falling into/ getting smashed into the lid. Very practical packages and smart.

on 3/27/2017 10:39:00 PM

one of the best lip products EVER. i only have the shades honey and adore, unfortunately those are the only shades that are wearable for me. honey is a very natural looking rose pink while adore is a warm crimson. i love lip crayons and these have a great consistency for application, they are not too soft, waxy, or greasy. the finish is extremely natural looking like a lip balm and it feels much more like a balm than a lipstick. it does not stay on as well as i would expect a "stain" to but it does outperform traditional cream lipsticks and other "balm" lipsticks. my favorite thing about this is that they really are "kissable." your lips are still soft enough to kiss, plus you will not get lipstick all over your partner's face. just a great, easy, natural lipstick.

on 2/2/2017 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm really impressed with this balm stain. It's just what I was looking for in a stain. It's really light and seems sheer at first. After a couple layers, it has a really good color payoff. I have to apply it about every 3 hours. It leaves a nice wash of color that makes me look put together and doesn't give me ghost lips. I wish it was a bit more moisturizing, but it's not uncomfortable by any means. The finish looks kind of satin. It's not glossy or sticky which I really like. This is a great everyday color which goes with a lot of looks. Overall, I am happy with this stain and hope to try out other colors.

on 1/17/2017 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have reviewed this years ago I think and I'll review this again.
After years and years of using this color "Honey", this is still a staple in my everyday makeup kit and I use this on clients. The texture is perfect very moisturizing and very light on the lips and very blendable. I put this on even without a mirror and it goes on perfectly. Even when I eat and drink, it doesn't wear off or appear patchy. It's perfect. I have recommended this to my friends and clients especially those who are low maintenance like me who don't like touching up every now and then.

I usually use this as a base for any lipstick to give it more blendability. Sometimes I use this on top of the lipstick. I think I have used up 15 tubes of this. Lol

I will repurchase this product til I die. Lol (hope Revlon doesn't discontinue this product)
I highly recommend this!

Perfect everyday, go-to, no brainer color. Good texture, moisturizing, comfortable, excellent pigmentation, easy to apply. The only downside would be the mint flavor which I'm not a fan of - but it does go away as soon as you finish applying it so no big deal

on 1/1/2017 4:53:00 PM

"Honey" is the closest MLBB color I've come across yet. It's a neutral, slightly mauvey rosy pink, not too pale for my pigmented lips but only a shade or so darker than my natural lip color. If you've found most recommended MLBB colors to be too pale, gray or brown on you, then you'll probably like Honey.

This applies like a satin lipstick with a slight sheen, but it stains your lips so there's still some color left after the gloss wears away. My favorite part of these stains is that they wear off evenly so you don't end up with a weird outer ring of color on your mouth with nothing in the middle (this is true even of darker colors like "Shameless").

There's a slight minty scent and no taste. It feels good going on and doesn't dry out my lips (which are prone to chapping, especially in the winter). I really like the packaging and format, which makes this easy to apply. The price is OK too, especially since drugstores regularly will have sales on these. Definitely recommended!

I can't speak for any of the other balm stain formulas (matte or lacquer), but Honey in particular is just a really solid lip product. As far as an everyday easy lip product is concerned I've never found anything better. 1) It's easy and fast to apply. 2) It doesn't bleed or feather 3) It's moisturizing and comfortable 4) The formula feels weightless on the lips 5) It is long wearing AND 6) It wears completely evenly throughout the day, so there's no need to touch up unless you want to 7) It is decently pigmented and applies evenly 8) It is universally flattering, a "your lips but better" kind of deep dusty rose shade. It's definitely a throw it on and go kind of product and it's also natural enough that you can put it on to perk up your face even if you're not wearing any other makeup, it doesn't even look like you're wearing lipstick. Revlon is known for making great lip products and I think they definitely got it right with this one.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this when I first put it on the lips, I really like the pinky mauve colour and it is really flattering on my skin tone. However, as has been said, the stain left behind on my lips is red! I love the fact that it stains as colour usually wears off very quickly but red really wasn't what I was looking for! I am tempted to try it in smitten as I think that one might stain my lips a better colour.