Essence All Eyes On Me - Multi-Effect Mascara

No Image

3.3

This is my second tube. It's very nice for daytime, it separates very well without giving that spidery look which I REALLY hate. My HG mascara is Naturally Glossy mascara by Clinique, but since it costs almost 20 bucks, I sometimes try to find dupes. I wouldn't say this one is a dupe for clinique's but the natural result is a similar look without clumping. Also this mascara doesn't flake (it's waterproof). It's cheap, here in Italy it cost 2,50 euro. So I'm happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone who likes natural looking and separated lashes.

on 1/25/2017 11:19:00 PM

This is a good budget-friendly mascara. It doesn't clump too much or anything, I don't have to spend a lot of time putting on mascara, it's easy to work with. I prefer seperated lashed, not spiderly stuck together, and it's easy to achieve it with this one, without having to work with a seperate eye-lash brush.
I do hate how there's no seal on the packaging, Essence - please put a lil' piece of tape or sticker on it. There's no way to know how many people have opened it and contaminated it or if it's already old and drying out. For this reason, I think I'll take a break from this mascara and come back if they fix it in the future.

on 7/13/2016 8:54:00 PM

This is a really good, extremely affordable mascara. It darkens lashes and does a decent job at separating. This is great for everyday use; Work, school, minimal makeup look days, etc. For the price, you really can't go wrong with this.

I wrote in a review on another Essence mascara that the packaging isn't ideal since the tubes aren't sealed in any way, and that's the same deal with this one. I do really wish the company would change that.

I would definitely repurchase this, but there are many other Essence mascaras I'd like to try out as well so I'll probably do that first!

on 7/11/2016 5:13:00 AM

I love this budget waterproof mascara! It's 100% clump-free, the smaller brush means it gets right down to the base of the lashes to define them and the waterproof formula has lasted through many a sweaty gym workout. It's crazy affordable too so I already have a backup on hand. It's not volumizing but I don't particularly want huge lashes for everyday anyway so this suits me just fine for the gym or regular makeup days.

on 5/10/2016 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have never had a taste for mascaras, as it disappears with the huge amount of eyeliner I put on everyday. This one, anyway, does the job and is totally waterproof - cleaning it meant wasting at least 4 cotton pads and no full result. No particular clumping or other negative sides. Very good performance for the ridicolous price.

on 2/7/2016 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The only things I look for in a mascara: cheap, not too black. Flaking/smudging isn't a big issue for me because most makeup is meant to come off your face at some point. Some formulas might prevent that for longer periods of time, but no matter what it's gonna happen. Low expectations are key whenever I try anything new.

My last mascara dried out, so I had to find another option (it was Maybelline Mega Plush that I somehow got for 98 cents through clearance/coupons). I'm a poor college student and I don't wear mascara that often, but every now and again I like to feel fancy.

I paid 2.99 for this after figuring out that it was the cheapest mascara at Ulta. I have tried Maybelline Great Lash in the past and I have to say that the brush on this essence one is almost identical. Maybe a bit bigger. Great Lash does seem wetter than this.

The essence formula is not too dry, not too wet. The black is PERFECT. I'm a brunette and my lashes are already pretty dark. This shade of black is just black, not extreme midnight black like so many other "black" formulas. I think that it might look more dramatic on people with lighter lashes.

This is also not the most extreme mascara in the world. It makes your lashes darker/emphasizes what you already have. It also adds a hint of volume. It's very "my lashes but better" on me (Is that a thing?). It flaked a little as I was applying it but otherwise it just stays put. It is easy to remove which is a definite plus.

Overall it suits my needs. The tubes in the store are not sealed though which i know bothers some people. I have no idea what people could do to tamper with this though (try it on in the store?) so I'm not going to let that stop me from repurchasing.

For 2.99 try it. what's the worst that could happen?

on 1/28/2016 9:45:00 AM

This is a very basic mascara. It provides some colour and definition but does not lengthen or volumize dramatically. It provides a natural look which would be great if it lasted, but unfortunately the mascara flakes quite badly. There is absolutely nothing special about this mascara and I would not repurchase. There are just too many good, inexpensive mascaras out there that it's silly to repurchase something that doesn't perform.

on 1/17/2016 12:42:00 PM

I bought this because I needed two extra dollars to use a coupon. I am impressed with how well it works without being expensive. It doesn't give me super long lashes like my maybelline lash sensational does but I wear this because it's ability to build is fantastic! It looks natural!

on 11/4/2015 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I honestly really like this product because it adds a lot of volume to my lashes and doesn't clump them up. The packaging is really simple, portable and easy to bring along with you without taking up a lot of space. I got this mascara for around 4-5 dollars I think, and to me it was totally worth the money and had a great value.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

3.5 -- Perfect day-time and budget mascara! This brings out my eyelashes in natural manner. I actually prefer it to many of Essence's other mascaras. The formula travels up from base to tip evenly. There isn't any incredible volume or thickening but that's ok, it's under $5. It can clump. I find often spiral brushes with the spaces in between can group lashes together. I just have to apply it more slowly and carefully. It's replaced Great Lash as my casual mascara look as it's cheaper and I much prefer this formula. Great Lash always needs 2 wks to stop being so wet whereas this Essence formula is that perfect consistency from the get-go. I like that I've had it for a couple of months now and there's no signs of it drying out.