Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balm - Crush

4.1

"Crush" is a gorgeous deep berry red on me, very flattering if you've got yellow or olive tones in your complexion. I also have naturally pigmented lips, which may be why this color remains true on me instead of turning hot pink or fuchsia. It applies with a slight glossy sheen, but the color remains after the gloss wears away. The color also wears off evenly so you don't end up with a ring on the outer edges of your lips

There's a slight minty scent and a bit of a cooling sensation when you apply this but it's not strong. My lips are prone to drying out and chapping easily but I've found these Revlon stain balms don't dry out my lips at all. They feel comfortable and light and it doesn't get clumpy or weird if you reapply.

I really like the crayon format, which makes it easy to line and fill in my lips without much fuss. The cap is secure so you can throw this into a bag without fearing a mess. Price is good too. Would definitely repurchase and recommend!

I really don't like this... It stains a bright pink rather than its true colour, which is a common problem for lip products like this, but, still. The peppermint smell is a little off-putting too, and I think that that ingredient may also be the reason it dries my lips up like the Empty Quarter.
Personally, I also think there's way too much shimmer/glitter in this one, really highlight those already pre-chapped lips from that sweet sweet peppermint oil. Thanks Revlon, but no thanks.

Buy this if you like having raw lips that smell like dental appointment.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this as a suggested dupe for Glossier's Generation G lipstick in Jam. Colour is very similar, Revlon stain balm is a bit glossier. There is a lot of transfer with this product, whether right away or after a few hours, so you will see a lot of balm on anything you're drinking from. That being said, there is still colour that stays on post-transfer, and it is nice and transparent, which is exactly what I wanted. This product gives good enhancing colour without completely covering your natural lip colour. My biggest issue with this is that I have sensitive lips and it does contain some tingly peppermint oil, which my lips absolutely hate, so I won't be purchasing again. If you want to look like you tried, but not too hard, this is a great sheer lip colour for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This starts outs nice deep glossy color but very quickly stained my lips a hot bright pink. I'm not sure if this is a type of oxidation effect, but it happened to be with some of the other stains in this line. I wanted a stain that stayed dark, and it didn't do that at all. I have pigmented mauve lips.

Such a nice color, really easy to layer and it lasts a while. Leaves my lips pretty soft too. Too bad the scent is kind of off putting.

I LOVE these!! I seem to be on a roll w/ lip products recently. :)

If you have read any of my other reviews, you may be aware I only wear items that are long lasting and/or waterproof. I have no interest in primping (or worrying about primping) throughout the day - I want what I put on my face at 6:00 am to be there when I come home at night (6:00 pm). Also, I tend to stay away from HE items, preferring to find ds dupes or similar, being kinder to my pocketbook.

I was intrigued w/ this concept of balm stains, so I initially purchased Revlons Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balm in Crush and I love the feel upon application (smooth, moisturizing and w/ a staining color). Lasts on me from early morning until lunch and then again after after dinner. So, while this doesn't last all day on my, the fact its so easy to apply (crayon style, no mirror required), the fact its moisturizing and the color pay off does last for hours = I'm willing to re-apply after eating.

I was going to purchase more when I came across reviews here on MUA for cheaper version in Jordana which, it turns out, I like just as well. So as to re-purchasing, only if I want a color that Jordana doesn't have that Revlon does :)

LOVE. I bought Crush & Honey when they first came out. I just saw them in Ulta and had been wanting to buy some Tarte lipstains. They looked similar and had the word "balm" so I figured I'd try it and hoped they wouldn't turn out to be one of those weird crusty-looking stains. AND THEY DIDN'T!

They don't make my lips dry at all and add a really nice color that I don't have to touch up. The lasting power is absolutely ridiculous. You should always put a balm underneath and exfoliate your lips before adding any stain to it. I'll just run my toothbrush over my lips (if needed) and ALWAYS apply eos balm.

Crush looks like a really nice berry color. One light layer to look natural and two heavy layers to look like a lipstick. I really love it. Somewhat similar to the Korres berry lip butter that everyone decided to stop carrying :(. I use honey on this days that my lips look dead or I got concealer/foundation on it because it is very close to my natural lip color.

Packaging is VERY nice. No complaints. Great product for the price. High end quality.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have other colors of the Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balms. While I do wear this, I don't like it as much as the rest. It feels good on my lips. The stain is always really pretty and lasting. Unfortunately, I don't really like how it looks when I first apply it. I really have to layer it to get it to not look patchy. Even if I don't do anything different with my face or clothes, it doesn't look like the same color each time.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love the Revlon Balm Stains in general, but this one just isn't the same. I wear Lovesick almost every day, but sometimes I want something a little bit subtler than fuchsia, so I decided to get Crush, which looked like a nice berry color. It doesn't apply as smoothly as Lovesick, feels dry on my lips (whereas Lovesick feels very moist), and has a tendency to go on unevenly and settle into lines. If I prep my lips with balm or apply gloss over this, it's fine, but it's just not great on its own (and isn't that the point of these?). I'm very disappointed.

Soooo disappointed this colour looked gorgeous in swatches I'd seen but on me it's a horrible colour and sparkle city! I did see some people say slight shimmer but its alot more than slight, the colour goes on uneven and patchy even when my lips r moisturised and flake free and if u make a mistake it doesn't budge :/ I had to rub and rub my lips and I could still see the stain, if only I liked the product because the staying power would be amazing! The packaging is a normal wind up crayon and the price isn't so bad I paid 5.99 instead of 7.99 I would happily pay that for a lip product I liked.

Popular Lips Products