Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balm - Crush

4.2

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Ugh. This product is so good. I bought it due to the hype on here and caught it on sale at 40% off. At first the color of the tube scared me, it looks sooo dark. But on the lips it starts off as a light berry / pink which can be built up to a darker berry. Its so flattering! It last ages and stains the lips. I agree that this is a universal product and can definitely ditch other products for a while! Love love love!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I love this balm stain so much that I want to put my other lip products away for a while. My natural lips are pigmented and sort of plummy but slightly grayish. I look hideous in any brown shades. Once my lip product wears off I hate my natural lip color. I love this product because it sticks around for a long time. My lips are stained for hours after this wears off. I don't mind the minty-ness. I'm guessing it has a little bit of a plumping effect. Also, I don't get any shimmer or glitter in this product.
I agree that it would be nice if it was true to the color of the product. The first time I wore it I fell in love with the dark berry color. It was PERFECT! But the second time I wore it it was pinker and brighter. But I don't mind when it turns bright pink sometimes. It's a good color for me and brightens up my face. I'll have to experiment with it to see if performs differently blotted, unblotted, worn alone, or worn with something under or over it. It can be drying so I can't wear it everyday even though I want to right now.
I'm sure I'll use this until it's gone, repurchase, and try other shades.

"Crush" is a gorgeous deep berry red on me, very flattering if you've got yellow or olive tones in your complexion. I also have naturally pigmented lips, which may be why this color remains true on me instead of turning hot pink or fuchsia. It applies with a slight glossy sheen, but the color remains after the gloss wears away. The color also wears off evenly so you don't end up with a ring on the outer edges of your lips

There's a slight minty scent and a bit of a cooling sensation when you apply this but it's not strong. My lips are prone to drying out and chapping easily but I've found these Revlon stain balms don't dry out my lips at all. They feel comfortable and light and it doesn't get clumpy or weird if you reapply.

I really like the crayon format, which makes it easy to line and fill in my lips without much fuss. The cap is secure so you can throw this into a bag without fearing a mess. Price is good too. Would definitely repurchase and recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This starts outs nice deep glossy color but very quickly stained my lips a hot bright pink. I'm not sure if this is a type of oxidation effect, but it happened to be with some of the other stains in this line. I wanted a stain that stayed dark, and it didn't do that at all. I have pigmented mauve lips.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this as a suggested dupe for Glossier's Generation G lipstick in Jam. Colour is very similar, Revlon stain balm is a bit glossier. There is a lot of transfer with this product, whether right away or after a few hours, so you will see a lot of balm on anything you're drinking from. That being said, there is still colour that stays on post-transfer, and it is nice and transparent, which is exactly what I wanted. This product gives good enhancing colour without completely covering your natural lip colour. My biggest issue with this is that I have sensitive lips and it does contain some tingly peppermint oil, which my lips absolutely hate, so I won't be purchasing again. If you want to look like you tried, but not too hard, this is a great sheer lip colour for you.

I really don't like this... It stains a bright pink rather than its true colour, which is a common problem for lip products like this, but, still. The peppermint smell is a little off-putting too, and I think that that ingredient may also be the reason it dries my lips up like the Empty Quarter.
Personally, I also think there's way too much shimmer/glitter in this one, really highlight those already pre-chapped lips from that sweet sweet peppermint oil. Thanks Revlon, but no thanks.

Buy this if you like having raw lips that smell like dental appointment.

I LOVE these!! I seem to be on a roll w/ lip products recently. :)

If you have read any of my other reviews, you may be aware I only wear items that are long lasting and/or waterproof. I have no interest in primping (or worrying about primping) throughout the day - I want what I put on my face at 6:00 am to be there when I come home at night (6:00 pm). Also, I tend to stay away from HE items, preferring to find ds dupes or similar, being kinder to my pocketbook.

I was intrigued w/ this concept of balm stains, so I initially purchased Revlons Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balm in Crush and I love the feel upon application (smooth, moisturizing and w/ a staining color). Lasts on me from early morning until lunch and then again after after dinner. So, while this doesn't last all day on my, the fact its so easy to apply (crayon style, no mirror required), the fact its moisturizing and the color pay off does last for hours = I'm willing to re-apply after eating.

I was going to purchase more when I came across reviews here on MUA for cheaper version in Jordana which, it turns out, I like just as well. So as to re-purchasing, only if I want a color that Jordana doesn't have that Revlon does :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have other colors of the Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balms. While I do wear this, I don't like it as much as the rest. It feels good on my lips. The stain is always really pretty and lasting. Unfortunately, I don't really like how it looks when I first apply it. I really have to layer it to get it to not look patchy. Even if I don't do anything different with my face or clothes, it doesn't look like the same color each time.

LOVE. I bought Crush & Honey when they first came out. I just saw them in Ulta and had been wanting to buy some Tarte lipstains. They looked similar and had the word "balm" so I figured I'd try it and hoped they wouldn't turn out to be one of those weird crusty-looking stains. AND THEY DIDN'T!

They don't make my lips dry at all and add a really nice color that I don't have to touch up. The lasting power is absolutely ridiculous. You should always put a balm underneath and exfoliate your lips before adding any stain to it. I'll just run my toothbrush over my lips (if needed) and ALWAYS apply eos balm.

Crush looks like a really nice berry color. One light layer to look natural and two heavy layers to look like a lipstick. I really love it. Somewhat similar to the Korres berry lip butter that everyone decided to stop carrying :(. I use honey on this days that my lips look dead or I got concealer/foundation on it because it is very close to my natural lip color.

Packaging is VERY nice. No complaints. Great product for the price. High end quality.

Such a nice color, really easy to layer and it lasts a while. Leaves my lips pretty soft too. Too bad the scent is kind of off putting.

Popular Lips Products