Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

3.5

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Anthemis Nobilis Leaf Extract, Aqua, Boron Nitride, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Ceramide AP, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dextrin Palmitate, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Lysine, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Palmitic Acid, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Phytantriol, Potassium Chloride, Retinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Stearic Acid, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Zinc Chloride. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 5/19/2016 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product to be used as a primer, light foundation and spf under my Pur 4 in 1 powder foundation. I liked the idea of a bb cream with spf for the summer months. But! There is so much chunky glitter in it! What moron designed a foundation/ bb cream with glitter in it? I understand having "dewy" glow, but this is pure glitter sparkle. My skin is oily with large pores on the cheeks and nose, and this cream highlighted the pores to look like moon craters! And nowhere on the box it said "illuminating or glow". I had to take it off because even a layer of powder foundation could not hide the sparkling. I returned it the next day.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

THIS IS A FABULOUS, IN MEDIUM TAN/OLIVE FOR AN ASIAN-AMERICAN COMPLEXION, WITH SENSITIVE, ACNE-PRONE, OILY SKIN. IT HAS ENOUGH OF THE YELLOW UNDERTONE TO IT. IF POSSIBLE, I PREFER A HIGHER SPF THOUGH, SO HAVE TRIED BARE MINERALS MAKEUP ALSO. A DAB MIXED INTO SUNSCREEN WILL REDUCE THE CHALKY, WHITISH LOOK OF SUNBLOCK/SUNSCREEN.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Slid around on my skin. Made my skin look even more shiny.
Could not get it to work no matter what powder I used to set it with.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This feels great but why in the heck is there so much shimmer in it? I'm too old for this shimmer look. Not a fan

on 2/24/2014 12:50:00 PM

I hate this product.... tried, really tried to like it after my store stopped selling my HG. Has glitter in it, hate that. Also my skin has never looked worse. Does well as far as correcting color, I do appreciate that much about it... but what is the point when my pores look huge and my skin overall just looks a mess with every bump accentuated. Cant return this product fast enough and Ive given it plenty of time and changed up my regular routine just to give it every opportunity of liking it. This morning after looking in the mirror for the last time, again disappointed in my skins appearance, took it off and reapplied with my HG... just no comparison.

on 1/7/2014 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the very few tinted moisturizers I actually really like. it does cover lightly and does moisturize well. I have very dry skin so this is always important to me. I figure why bother with a tinted moisturizer if it doesn't moisturize?

It's chemical free and has a natural sunscreen. I love it and always reach for it over any other one in my collection. I definitely will repurchase. No oxidizing either and doesn't get greasy. It just leaves a very minimal satin look.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried the Tan color in shoppers as they don't have other color as tester. It seemed pretty smooth for my dry skin as most of other foundation/bb cream seemed to look flaky the first time I apply. Then I picked up the color light as it didn't have tester. The color "light" look so orange for my Asian skin. I saw other review that people said the lightest tone is so dark and I thought that's for pale skin people... I didn't expect it is so orange for my already a bit "tan" Asian skin.. I look tired and aging whenever I apply something orangeish color..
And the texture seems a bit cakey if I want to apply a few more layers too.
I do like the ingredients that seems no harmful chemicals like talc, alcohol.. but too bad it doesn't look good on me.

on 1/1/2014 11:12:00 AM

I've been wearing Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Mineral Tinted Moisturizer 1.7 oz. in the shade Tan for more than a year now. I purchased it at Ulta when there was a Pur Minerals BOGO sale. I use it over a moisturizer in place of a foundation in all seasons. I also use Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup SPF 15 over it when I need a little extra coverage.

This tinted moisturizer blends in very nicely and naturally with my skin tone. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Liquid Foundation I have (also in the shade Tan), which is thick and too dark. The liquid foundation also leaves my olive combination skin shiny by mid day.

I experience none of these problems with the tinted moisturizer. It's light and foolproof. A little goes a long way. I love the fact that it comes in a flat sturdy squeeze tube for ease of use and hygienic safety.

All three Pur Minerals foundation products I mentioned here contain vitamins and skin nourishing ingredients, which is a huge plus for me. The tinted moisturizer is by far my favorite among the three.

I'm currently trying some of the foundation products from the IT Cosmetics line, which also puts anti-aging ingredients in its makeup.

on 12/4/2013 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I am amazed by all the positive reviews about this product. Both MUA and Beautipedia gives this moisturizer high marks, and it's an MUA best pick. I initially liked this product but after a few days it was a no-go. Here's why:
- Not for my mature dry skin as I need slightly more coverage and longer wear.
- No color match for cool/fair skin. The lightest shade is too yellow orange.
- Slight shimmer of tiny sparkles that's noticeable outdoors or natural light.
- Too expensive for the quality (not worth $37 with tax).
- Poor packaging -- the silver cap did not close properly so the lid stayed loose.

on 10/29/2013 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

EDIT: I did end up forgoing this product because of the orange color and streakiness. I absolutely loved the consistency and finish but having to put in a ton of effort to combat the tangerine effects of this tinted moisturizer was not worth it. It also began to make me break out. For these reasons, I lowered my rating.

I bought this product a couple of days ago. A Pur Minerals representative was at Ulta the day I visited and told me this was a great oil free option for sensitive skin. I was dissapointed to find out after I purchased it that it was not actually oil free. However, after reviewing the ingredient line up, there are only a few common ingredients I see that may cause irritation- overall not bad. Because of this reason, I am going to stick this out for a couple of weeks to see how my skin reacts to it. I actually really like the product itself. A little goes a long way, and it initially goes on smooth and moisturizing, drying matte. This is perfect for my combination skin. I have not had problems with it being overly shiny or coming off during the day as reviews have stated, but I do set it with powder. My only big complaint of this product is the color section. The light shade is way too orange/dark on me. I have fair skin with pink undertones and this light shade seems like it would be better for someone slightly more tan with yellow undertones. However, because I set the tinted moisturizer with a very thin layer of my bare minerals powder in light, I able to camaflogue a lot of the orange hue- making it natural looking enough for me to wear. This color inconvenience may cause me to not repurchase the product. However, because I like the actual product itself, if it does not irritate my skin, there is a good chance I will continue just setting it with the lighter shade of Bare Minerals. I will edit this review after a couple of weeks if my skin does react to it.