Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes

2.8

on 11/30/2016 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Hated this! It drags on the skin and stings! Will never purchase again!

The Neutrogena wipes in the blue packet are light years ahead of this one. It's a wonder the same company made both these products when one is so great and the other is so bad. Go figure!

on 10/2/2016 2:10:00 AM

The worse makeup wipe ever. It's not moist and hydrating at all, it doesn't remove makeup easily and it requires you to rub hard against your skin just to remove a smudge of makeup off. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I hated these wipes. Horrible odor. Harsh on my skin.

on 2/27/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The intense menthol smell coming off of these is overpowering and actually makes me feel nauseated. It removes your concealer but you need to aggressively wipe to get your mascara/eyeliner off. It works eventually but I've tried other products which don't smell as nasty and that work a lot better. Having said that, the crazy amount of menthol that they put in them actually does leave your skin feeling refreshed.

I am new to facial wipes, but these are really nice. I use them as a first step to remove my make-up and also whenever I hit the gym. These are easy to use, are moistened enough that they manage to remove a lot of excess grease, grim or war paint in one go and then you can always follow up with your cleanser etc.

Even though this product can be used to remove mascara, I personally don't do that. I think that the texture is not smooth enough to be used around a very delicate eye area; but to remove make-up anywhere esle - it works brilliantly. Plus it is affordable and travel-friendly, you can always use these on a plane to remove your make-up before a long flight, or if you are camping or at the beach etc. You can read more about Deep Clean range by Neutrogena in a separate review here: http://www.partyparrotblog.com/#!Updated-Skincare-Routine-Using-Neutrogena-Deep-Clean-Range/cmbz/5753feef0cf2cc77abf8b3ee

Hope it helps!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Mixed bag for me with these. I bought them bc they had a sample pack out at Ulta near the makeup tester tables. They are nice for 'spot' cleaning, but I would not recommend them for actual full-fledged makeup removal. To me, 'Deep Clean' means just that, a deep clean. I tested some makeup at Ulta and used one of these wipes to remove it to test another shade (blush). I was impatient and wanted it to dry, so I used a tissue to dry my face. Quite a bit of makeup was removed with the tissue, and that was after I wiped my face pretty well with the Neutrogena wipe.

That all said, I do think these can serve a purpose in a makeup arsenal. They are nice if you decide to switch colors or you make a little boo-boo with application, or for a quick makeup removal (knowing and understanding you do not need or will not get a thorough 'cleansing'). These also smell like alcohol..?--and rather strong smell of alcohol, which turns me off. I just feel alcohol is too strong for something from a company that I always thought made 'sensitive skin' type products. So, I would not recommend nor use these with any frequency, but again, for occasional 'spot' cleaning or a quick removal of makeup, but by no means would I use or recommend these for daily use. If you have sensitive skin and/or a sensitive nose, I would not recommend these. But for an occasional spot removal, I think these are just fine........But I do not plan on really using these for actual makeup removal. I just feel these are too harsh and do not actually remove makeup that well for the harshness of them. Would not re-purchase.

on 7/25/2014 8:31:00 AM

I super love this . Cleanses the face well without leaving any residue. My face feels clean and not irritated . Removes make up well .

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After using the first wipe I wanted to throw the whole pack away. Seriously, not even worth it to keep it around as a backup.
It makes no sense to me how awful these are. I expected them to be at least as good as the regular blue package wipes. Oh no. These are so harsh on the skin. They have so much alcohol in them and left my face feeling dry, uncomfortably tight, and irritated from rubbing so much in an effort to get my makeup off with them. Don't expect them to gently wipe off mascara. Plus, they smell horrific. I suppose that's fitting since they're literally wipes soaked in harsh chemicals.

on 7/1/2014 4:01:00 PM

Let me tell you that is product is absolutely rubbish. The smell is pure alcohol, and the wipes are absolutely crap. They DO NOT remove any makeup, and it stings your eyes and face! If you have sensitive skin, do NOT buy this product. It doesn't even work twice as good compared to the blue packaging one from Neutrogena. I don't even understand why is product exists in the first place. Its absolutely horrific, and I want my money back!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It does what it's supposed to do. I suffer from hormonal acne on my cheeks (painful cysts) and it didn't really made it any worse. I haven't suffered any dryness from using these wipes, but I only use them every now and then because make up is not part of my everyday routine. I would buy these again, but I would also like to try different wipes from different brands.

Popular Other Products