Margarite Zinc Cream

Margarite Zinc Cream

4.4

Background information:

My skin would be classed as both combination and acne-prone. I live in Queensland, Australia and the hot sun and humid climate can be tough on our skin causing damage and aging.

My problem:

My skin has become progressively worse over the last couple of years and I have tried everything. My skin had a rough texture with blemishes and some inflammation. I always seemed to have a couple of small pimples here and there and the odd blind pimple now and then. I have tried so many expensive products over the years and nothing solved the problem. At one stage I even treated myself for demodex mites (which did not help). I cannot believe that the solution to correct my problem was so cheap and simple - 1. product to kill any bacteria and 2. product to heal and maintain good health on an ongoing basis.

The following skin care regime has drastically improved my skin, to the point where it is silky smooth and blemish free.

#1 - product to kill the bacteria:

Firstly I used Microshield 4% Chlorhexidine Antiseptic (undiluted) on a cotton pad to cleanse my skin morning and night. I understand that this product can be very dangerous if you get in in your eyes. This was to kill any bugs. It's proven to kill a broad spectrum of bacteria (including the nasty ones like Strep and Staph) and some fungi. I added this product to all hand wash soap and body wash (25:75 ratio of chlorhexidine to liquid soap). I also added it to a sulfate-free shampoo (ratio 50:50) and used my regular conditioner. I washed my hair every second day. This killed the bugs and I noticed improvement in only a couple of days. For a two (2) week period I tried to use the least amount of product of any kind (including makeup). Although, this was not always possible to stop wearing makeup. I also soaked all of my make-up brushes in the 4% chlorhexidine (undiluted).

#2 - product to heal and improve skin health:

Whilst the chlorhexidine antiseptic killed the bugs and allowed my skin to heal, the 'Margarite Zinc Cream for Problem Skin' definitely aided in the healing process and vastly improved the texture of skin overall. I have been using this product as a light foundation during the day, with a little mineral face powder over top. It's awesome and doesn't dry out my skin, whilst allowing it to breathe. My skin is the healthiest that it has been in years. The texture is much smoother, colour-tone is more even, and virtually no blemishes at all. I can now exfoliate my face without causing a massive breakout.

Results and observations:

A couple of months have passed and my skin is under control. I now only use the undiluted chlorhexidine antiseptic as a final wipe-over before bed - once daily. I still add it to the hand wash soap and body wash soap, but have ceased adding it with my shampoo after about a month. I use the 'Margarite Zinc Cream for Problem Skin' daily as a light foundation for work. If I am going out somewhere special, I wear a regular foundation that has a bit more coverage. I now give my make-up brushes only a weekly clean using chlorhexidine, now that the bacteria levels have normalised.

The primary issue with my skin was definitely bacterial. Even though I had tried oral antibiotics prescribed by the doctor, I must have had high levels of bacteria on my skin - which kept the vicious cycle going. To sum up my observations, I am not sure how this product would have performed if the bacterial matter had not been resolved. Probably one step forward and a couple back. Although, I can say that with the skin flora under control, this product made a visible difference to my skin.

I highly recommend this product, its cost effective and of good quality. The packaging is not flash, but hey who cares if it works. Maybe the no frills approach to packaging, helps to keep the costs down.

Well done Margarite!

xo

on 7/3/2016 5:49:00 PM

I have tried SO MANY acne products (ranging from natural to not-so-natural), nothing has helped consistently. I developed acne around the age of 25 and have been battling it ever since. I am SO HAPPY to have discovered this product, it has truly worked miracles for my skin!! I apply this as an all-over treatment at night (after cleansing with pH balanced face wash and toner), let dry completely, then use Derm E Tea Tree Creme over top, let absorb, then use Forces of Nature Acne-Pimple control as a spot treatment to finish. The zinc cream has really kept my acne down, I get a few pimples here and there, but they go away very quickly (especially if I spot treat with the zinc cream in the AM). The cream does have a tint to it, which is a bit darker than my fair skin, but once I pat it completely into the pimple/let dry, my liquid foundation applies smoothly over the top to cover the area with no noticeable darker patch. I really recommend this stuff, I am only sad I didn't discover it sooner!

on 9/28/2014 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Hmmm... This was ok. I didn't find it super-effective at clearing acne, but I've found it to be useful as a spot concealer on no-makeup days. It doesn't seem to aggravate existing or healing acne, and the coverage is alright. Probably won't repurchase, though.

on 6/23/2014 3:59:00 PM

I'm in love with this zinc cream! It cured my skin of whiteheads and flesh-colored closed comedones in 3 days. My acne-prone areas are my cheeks and forehead. What I do with this cream is every night I put a thin layer on those areas first and go back and concentrate some more on the raised bumps. I don't put on moisturizer in those areas before applying the cream because it just doesn't do its purpose. So I just moisturize the area around my mouth where it is particularly dry and then I put on eye cream. This cream is pretty drying, the first few days I experienced a lot of flaking and then somehow after a week my skin became completely smooth with no flakes or bumps. I don't know how that happened but it was awesome nonetheless. Now that my skin is clear of bumps, I still use a thin layer of this cream on my acne prone areas every night just for prevention. Zinc oxide also helps with rashes, redness, and larger cystic pimples. If you haven't tried this cream yet, try it, you won't regret it.

Ahhh! I love this stuff so much! I have very sensitive skin, and most acne treatments leave my skin EXTREMELY red and flaky for a week after I use them. On top of that, they don't even get rid of the pimple. :/ But this one is different. It gets rid of the pimple overnight (after applying 2 layers), adds a sheer coverage under makeup, and even helps the rash under my lip! I am in looovveeee! Buy it! <3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this product as an acne treatment. I put it on spots once I take my makeup off for the day and before I sleep. My skin used to be acne prone and I get the monthly hormonal breakout and this product really really helps. I'm pretty much spot free now and I think this product has a lot to do with it. I also put this on under my makeup in the mornings which helps with demattifyimg and controlling spots during the day. I buy it off iherb and will repurchase. I use it more than daily and I think the tube will last a few good months

on 5/16/2012 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Just adding this product since so many people swear by it, will update later after I've tried it a while. But for now....it works great as a sheer foundation for light/medium skin, and is an acne treatment. So that's a plus so far!