Clarins Everlasting Compact Foundation SPF 15

Clarins Everlasting Compact Foundation SPF15

4.1

on 4/24/2017 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’ve purchased 3 of these compacts: the first compact was too dark (Honey), the second was just OK (Sand) – shade was alright, the undertone was a bit off, it looks a bit grey/pinkish when I take pictures, but I think that’s just the SPF. I really like the texture of this product, it feels very velvety and smooth. It has decent coverage and it’s somewhat buildable (enough for me, as I prefer medium coverage foundations anyway). It wears amazing, more and more natural as the day goes on. And if I wear a pore minimizing primer, it doesn’t accentuate them (otherwise, it definitely will). No foundation will last more than 10 hours on me – at least not looking good – as my skin is very oily and I tend not to touch up throughout the day unless I have something to do after work and I’m conscious of it, so I’m comfortable with the wear power of this (some 7 to 9 hours looking good). It rubs off the sides of my nose like almost every other foundation I’ve tried, so that’s not too bad either.

Now the problem I have with this product is that it started breaking me out on my cheeks: I was experiencing a new breakout every 3-4 days, all very close together, and I also noticed tiny little bumps started appearing on my forehead and temples along with smaller breakouts. I have very intense combination skin (very oily t-zone and flaky/dehydrated bits on my chin, sometimes my forehead can look dehydrated too) and it’s also acne prone. Other than the occasional breakout, it’s usually under control and very manageable, and I do take extra steps in making sure my makeup is completely off at night before I go to bed (I double cleanse using micellar water and the clarisonic along with the cetaphil cleansing bar) to ensure my pores are not clogged and my skin is prepped for moisturizer and spot treatment if I need to use it. This was the only new product I was using consistently, so I’m pretty sure one or some of the ingredients in this was causing this reaction on my skin. I wasn't trying any other product, and I always stick to my regulars. I had used this product before (think winter 2015) and I didn’t really notice any weird reactions, but I was using it more as a setting powder over a lightweight foundation and not as an actual powder foundation, so that might be it, or my skin simply changed and now it doesn’t tolerate it anymore? I have no idea. But I definitely won’t be repurchasing. It's top bad as I really do enjoy the finish and the wear of this. I think the quality of the product is very good, so it’s just a case by case sort of a thing. Although it's very expensive to just "test it out". If you have sensitive skin (and mine is not that sensitive really) I'd recommend going for a more natural "good for your skin" type of powder foundation.

on 4/12/2017 6:38:00 AM

I bought this foundation after (literally) few years of consideration, it so happens that I was running out of my only powder so I decided to finally give it a try. First impressions: beautiful packaging, this is the most luxurious item in my make up collection. Sleek, gold, heavy. It comes with a sponge and a huge, high quality mirror. The product itself smells really nice, the same as other Clarins foundations. I chose a 105 Nude colour, which I find a little bit to pink for me, but the difference between my face and neck after applying it isn't that obvious, so I can live with that. The texture is really soft, this is not one of those kind of thick powders that you need to rub hard with a brush to get a good amount of product. It is really finely ground. At this point - nothing to complain about.
The foundation has light to medium coverage, if you put too much at once it starts to look cakey. After a moment it melts into your skin and gives a natural, dewy effect. Unfortunately my face gets shiny very fast after applying this foundation. It emphasizes my pores and imperfections, my face looks really unattractive. After wearing it first time, when I was removing make up in the evening there was almost nothing left on cotton pads so it means that it rubbed off throughout the day. This is the reason why I can't appreciate the fact that it has SPF15 - you can not trust it at all.
All in all, this is a pricey, nice looking foundation that isn't worth the money. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- beautiful packaging
- light coverage (I like light coverage foundations)
Cons:
- scented
- brakes out my sensitive skin
- doesn't stop shininess on my slightly shiny forehead
- melting easily (need to be retouched every 2-3 hours)

There are much better powders out there.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I cannot use liquid/cream foundations at all. In fact, I think that many people do not quite realize that they are simply just too oily for anything liquid.
Oily skin "breaks" liquid foundation and broken foundations look sad and poor despite being Sisley or Dior. I see quite a few of those in the streets and I once was that person myself.

Back to Clarins Everlasting Compact Foundation. I like Clarins brand i general, I like the packagings and how the products have that simple, "essential" feel to them.
This foundation looks great and natural, not too matte, medium coverage , lasting power is certainly not 15 hours but a good 8 on me. Perfect everyday option.
However "honey" shade is a tad light for my summer skintone and the rest shades are slightly off.

I am still trying out various other powder foundations but for the look and feel, this one is great. Fresh violet scent is a bonus in my book too!

on 9/17/2015 7:42:00 PM

My skin varies from very oil to dehydrated within days. I usually see dry patches when I wear powder and find that it will still leave my skin as oily as a McDonalds french fry.

I have acne scars around my cheeks and I have minimal active breakouts. I use this powder on top of my concealer and it gives me amazing buildable coverage that lasts all day even through my intense team trainings.

I do not like using the sponge unless I am building up the product in a specific area. After applying my concealer I use the Real Techniques (Large?) Powder Brush and I buff this into my skin, it leaves my skin with an amazing satin finish. This product has actually made my skin feel better, as I feel that I am not clogging my pores with liquid foundation everyday. I was hesitant to try a powder foundation, but it was the best decision ever and I am never going back!

I used this to set/touch up on the Clarins radiant foundation and found that it did little to control oil (as has been said by other reviewers). This may however be due to the combination of me using this with the radiant foundation on my combo skin so I need to experiment (am also not wearing primer as of yet). Is a bit thick for retouching - would recommend a more finely milled powder for this.
Might update if using it by itself or with another foundation makes a difference. Definitely looked like a good medium-full coverage if used as a foundation though.

on 12/30/2013 5:59:00 PM

I use it as a touch up powder during the day, rarely as a foundation. It doesn't do much for oil control - I have to apply every few hours on my forehead, especially when I am stressed at work. As a foundation- medium coverage, airbrushed finish. At first it looks cakes when you apply it, but after few minutes it settles and looks natural.
I would not recommend it as a foundation if you have dry skin.
Very nice as a touch up powder during the day or a setting powder in the start of your day.
Plus is that it has natural ingredients only.

Pros: Coverage is wonderful, buildable and it lasts all day. It truly is sweatproof, matte and it minimizes pores.

Cons: What's with Clarins and their old lady packaging from the 50's? I hate the gold, tacky compact. Good thing I only I have to put this on once with no touch-ups.

I have medium to tan skin and honey matches me perfectly. Edit, July 2017, I wanted to edit this because this review is a few years old. I used to self tan and my color used to be honey. I still love this powder because the coverage is natural, but it covers and it's sweatproof! But when I went back to the mall to try to find my new shade, now that I'm back to being ghost pale, seems like they discontinued the fair skinned shades and only carry the medium to tan shades. I'll have to keep looking. For now, I wear the foundation by Thebalm, but I'm still looking for this one in my shade. I love it. I have huge pores on my cheeks and it doesn't emphasize them at all, buildable, natural coverage, doesn't come off, etc. The old lady packaging sucks, but I depot this anyway.

on 3/15/2013 2:40:00 PM

I am a fan of Everlasting Liquid foundation, but wanted to try the powder version for quick, on-the-go application. The packaging is gorgeous and the powder provides really good coverage without looking too powdery. However, this foundation makes my skin super oily and it is NOT long lasting or transfer-resistant. I have an oily t-zone and I have to touch up every few hours. It comes off when I blow my nose or wipe my mouth area at lunch and when I blot during the day. I really wanted to like this because I love the liquid version, but for the price, it's just not worth it for me. I will use it up, but will not re-purchase.

on 2/2/2013 9:23:00 PM

A very nice foundation. Medium coverage. This foundation is matt finished on my normal skin type. My color in Sand. I don't know why this foundation is not too popular. I like it way better than Lancome( not enough coverage), Estee Lauder(no good color match), and Mac. I like this one and Shiseido(sheer matifying compact in O20), and Chanel Double perfection lumiere in 22 Beige Rose. I do need touch up 1 time with most powder foundations. A good powder foundation. $38 at Macy's. This foundation colors are Beige/yellow, and pink undertone. Update: 04-20-13 still love this foundation. I will buy it in the future. Update: 06/25/16 Still used in shade 112 Amber. Used this on top of True Radiace foundation look very beautiful not cakey at all.