no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

This is actually a liquid that comes out of the pump. Made me break out on my chin. The smell is noticeable. Was put off by it.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

I only use this product around my eyes. Yes, around my eyes. my dermatologist says that we should apply sunscreen around and on eyelids. she also told me that anything that is so 35 is junk too low of protection. we should all wear sunscreen all year long people. so for that reason of spf is not adequate and it's $$$. no thanks.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairSilver

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Pros: 1. Very light texture 2. Does not leave much white residue Cons: 1. Kinda oily I'm not sure if mine is of the new or old formula since I threw the packages away. I actually received them as gifts (3 sample packets of 0.12 oz/3 ml, lasted a month!). But I absolutely love it. I believe that this is a chemical sunscreen, and as someone who has only used physical sunscreen, I was so amazed by the differences! Physical suncreen always kind of makes me feel bad because of the thick, oily, whitish, unnatural layer (more like a mask!) on my skin. But with chemical sunscreens, I'm actually starting to like wearing sunscreen for the first time!

About reviewer (88 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

I know this has been reformulated, and I got a free one of this new SPF 35 ones before my old day solution was out. well i have O-I-L-Y skin! and i was afraid, after reading the reviews here and elsewhere, that the new spf 35 would be greasy on my skin. it is very much more runny than the old, that is for sure. however, i did a test for a few days and put 1/2 spf 25 (old) and 1/2 spf 35 (new) on either side of my face, and neither caused any grease of any kind. I think this is a GREAT spf w/ added skin benefits for oily skin since it's so light.

About reviewer (388 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

7 years ago

I'm not sure what's up with this product, but when I tried it, it gave me all these bumps all over my skin on my face. When I quit using it, the bumps went away. I do not know if it's my skin getting use to some ingredient in the product or what, sort of like break outs you get when using vitamin A like Retin A, but either way, I would say do NOT use this product. If you like Mary Kay, then use the sunscreen for the body. I use that on my face and do not get break outs nor any bumps. I would only sell this to someone if they wanted it, but even then I try to get them to get the sunscreen for the body from Mary Kay, you get more and it's cheaper, and best of all, I won't have to refund the money when they complain about bumps! (which has happened to 2 other clients of mine besides myself.) Bottom line: STAY AWAY FROM DAY SOLUTION!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

7 years ago

I sampled this product on one side of my face at a friends MK party and my face began burning where it was applied in less than 5 minutes. I've had a similar experience with Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer that resulted in a chemical type burn that left me with a gross brown spot on my face. The active ingredients are the same for both products but with Neutrogena I didn't have a problem until I perspired or went into salt water. I wouldn't recommend something with the potential to be that harsh to anyone.

About reviewer (281 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

7 years ago

Yea not too happy about the new formulation... Very watery and I think it breaking me out. They added new ingredients and its not the same pretty upset as I had used it for years. :(

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

7 years ago

I have used the former formula with spf 25. It was wonderful. The new formula is extremly oily. It is a watery lotion,not the creamy consistency of before. Mary Kay, you messed up on this one! I would love to leave a review on their webiste, but don't have the option to. What are you scared of Mary Kay?

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

8 years ago

This is the new 2012 fomulation. Avobenzene 2%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2%, Oxybenzone 4%. My Mary Kay lady gave me samples of the new one to try and ouch! My face immediately started burning and I had to wash it off. I had used the old formula years ago with no problem, the sun protection wasn't great so I didn't use it regularly. My guess is the homosalate though it could have been one of the inactive ingredients, hard to tell. Bade news either way.

About reviewer (403 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm