3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Pretty, fluttery lashes – I have very fine, thin lashes and so far the Mega Plush has flaked the least of all the Maybelline mascaras I’ve tested. Out of the Falsies Black Drama & Regular, Big Shot, Pumped Up and Colossal, the Mega Plush is the least flakey. I think my lashes are the problem since others don’t seem to have my flaking issues. Mega Plush lengthens and separates while giving slight volume. Overall, this is a winner mascara for its ability to not end up on my cheeks like all of the others I’ve tested. I don’t have a problem with the bendable wand so my only complaint is that I wish it was more volumizing. Still a great daytime mascara for $5.50.

About reviewer (147 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2.0

a year ago

This mascara is adorably packaged. I love the turquoise and magenta combo. Being a Maybelline product, it's also very affordable. Unfortunately, that's where the positives end for me. I just can't deal with the brush. It has a little joint that allows it to bend. I get the theory behind it--it should make it easier to reach all your lashes--but it's so flimsy. It needs to have a bit more resistance. The formula is also meh. It flaked and gave me panda eyes. (In fairness, most mascaras do on me.) It also dried out quite fast--a blessing in hindsight.

About reviewer (448 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

from

2 years ago

Beautiful mascara that doesn’t flake. I wear contacts and rub my eyes when they feel tired and dry. I tried other mascaras and they flake when I do this. I’m trying to stop the habit of rubbing my eyes, but with this mascara I don’t need to. Stays on until I take it off. My cousins asked me if I wear false eyelashes, so I know it definitely lengthens and volumizes.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

2 years ago

This formula was pretty decent. I always hate to give Maybelline anything less than an excellent review, but feel they could do better with the Mega Plush. What I love: wears incredibly well throughout the day (it's almost midnight and it's still on from when I did my makeup this morning - even after the eyeshadow wore off!). Does a good job at lifting and volumizing/shaping my lashes. What I dislike like: I felt like the formula got used up fast in the tube. Yes I wear this every day, but I have other mascaras I've worn daily where the tube still had more formula so I feel like there was less formula in this. It seemed like I was kinda digging the wand into the tube rather soon after getting this. Overall I like this mascara but I think I could find a cheaper/better option as there are so many out there.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

Age

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3 years ago

This is a pretty middle-of-the-road drugstore mascara. The oversized brush is nice, as it is kinda fluffy and really separates the lashes; the formula itself is sorta terrible though because it is kind of gel and kind of liquid. It ends up going very goopy onto the lashes, which--for me at least--is not a flattering look. Maybelline does make some good drug store mascaras, but it tends to be the dryer formulas that work better. The wetter ones, like this and Great Lash are not nearly on par with what most of the other drug store brands are making.

About reviewer (564 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

At first I loved it, people would say things like "Are you wearing fake lashes?" But couple of weeks later, it started to dry really fast.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

3 years ago

I really love the wand, and one coat defines, lengthens, and adds volume. No clumps or flakes. This formula is not too wet or heavy, I can't feel the mascara on my lashes. This does not irritate my sensitive eyes.

About reviewer (257 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I got this super cheap with a coupon. I wasn't looking for anything to fake looking, just something to bring out my eyes. I really like this one. it multiplies my lashes and makes my eyes stand out, so much so that I don't have to use eyeliner. I can put it on with shadow and I don't feel the need to tightline for a natural look. I was taken back by the flimsy wand but I haven't had any problems, it goes on easily and the flexibility is actually a good thing, try it.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Straight, Fine

1.0
from

3 years ago

Used this a years ago so I don't remember all the particulars but remember really not being a fan of this mascara. I couldn't build volume or get more than a natural look. It was just so so, not something I'd call good. Don't understand the rave reviews about volume because the only thing I remember was how meh it was. I also remember being sooooo disappointed and not liking the look it gave me. It was soft on the lashes and a mouse like formula. Not sure about flaking tho.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

3 years ago

Yes, the wand is flimsy, but I don't see that as a problem. It only means that I don't press the wand against my lashes as hard. It makes for a lighter application of the product, which in a way, is a good thing is a good thing for me as there is less clumping. What is not as good however, it that this mascara doesn't provide a lot of volume and length and it flakes quite a bit. It makes my lashes pretty and I thought it would make a good mascara for work. I don't necessarily need super long and thick lashes at work. The flaking makes it impossible to wear at work though, so now I can't really think of a use for it.

About reviewer (280 reviews)

Age36-43