Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush

Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush

3.3

AQUA/WATER/EAU, PARAFFIN, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX/CIRE DABEILLE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, SILICA, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYURETHANE-35, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DIMETHICONOL, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DISODIUM EDTA, TETRASODIUM EDTA. [ /- MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470/CARMINE, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE.]

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

best mascara i have tried yet maybelline never goes wrong with there mascara its the only brand i use for mascara i prefer it over the higher end brands i tried this paticular one because they did not have the falsie one i always used i brought this one and was amazed my lashes looked like i had fake eyelashes they were beautiful i would highly reccomend this mascara

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Things I liked about this mascara:
-creamy formula that doesn't flake off or feel very dry on my lashes
-non-irritating to my eyes
-natural looking
-comfortable wand to hold and maneuver between top lashes
-cheap and convenient to buy
-doesn't smear or wear off
After one month of use the cons I noticed:
-the wand is great on my top lashes but it is more difficult to use on my bottom lashes because it is such a full wand
-sometimes the bendy wand feels clumsy and causes me to get a dot of mascara on my face
-not a great deal of volume and length added
Overall I think this is a good mascara at a good price point. However, to me it's not excellent so I probably wouldn't repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It's not the best mascara ever, but it does its job. I wouldn't buy it again anyways, it didn't make a huge difference on my eyelashes anyways.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love the packaging and effect of this mascara, it exceeded expectations. Doesn't flake, smudge, or irritate my sensitive eyes. It feels weightless! I just wish it was cruelty free. But favorite drugstore mascara.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My favorite drug store mascara! Decided to try something that came in my favorite color and was relieved to see that it works great too, I still haven't found one better. :)

on 9/12/2016 1:38:00 PM

Loving this mascara! I've used Cover Girl's Flamed Up mascara for several years, and really like it because it doesn't make my eyelashes feel "crunchy" and stiff. But, I was browsing the makeup aisles at Wal-Mart, and saw this mascara has a gel mousse-like formula. So, I decided to try it. Love it! The formula is wonderfully light, but still coats my lashes well without clumps. My lashes look dark and lush, but still natural. And, they don't feel stiff or brittle. I love the brush and the wand too. So far, this is standing up to 90+ temps. I haven't noticed any flaking or smearing. I'm gonna keep using this mascara for a while to see if it continues to perform, but I'm loving using it and will definitely repurchase.

Note: I don't curl my lashes, so I'm not sure how this works in that department. I guess you would just have to try it out to see.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does exactly what is says. Pretty, supple, volumized lashes. For anyone that can't stand that crunchy mascara feel this is a perfect option. It's not still at all, very natural and clump free feeling lashes. Only point off because the volume is somewhat lacking, nothing droolworthy and the wand has a bend that limits the amount product you can push on your lashes. I think I'd be able to get a better result without the bend.

on 6/30/2016 8:16:00 PM

I am a mascara junkie, but I am about ready to toss the Maybelline Mega Plush into the trash. I was sold on the fact that it is washable (few mascara brands have CLEAR removal instructions on the card.) But, after washing with soap, I still have raccoon eyes that have to be removed with cream cleanser. And, the durn brush - looks like a small chimney sweep brush - is just TOO bloomin' BIG. Hard to keep the product OFF the upper lid. It was priced at $5.94 at Walmart, but this is too much for me to pay for something I do not like, even a little bit. Another downer--it is difficult for me to get the product to show up ON lashes, where it belongs. Grrrrrr.....

on 5/11/2016 8:36:00 AM

Going through my couponing stash of mascaras. I agree with the previous reviewer, this mascara is ok but it doesn't give me enough length. It also requires 2-3 coats where other mascaras (mostly my L'Oreals) only require 1. I don't have much time to get ready in the morning so I need 1 coat and go.

Going to try volume express falsies next.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm giving this 4 stars just for the wand. The mascara itself isn't too impressive, although it's not bad at all. It doesn't clump, and it does make my lashes look full in a natural way.

I prefer mascaras that are a bit on the drier side, because it lessens the chance for specks to transfer onto your skin as soon as you blink, but for some reason I really don't mind this being wet. Maybe because it's not overly wet like that horrific Maybelline Great Lash in the pink tube. Yikes.

With that being said, I do prefer a bit more length than this one offers. I used this on one eye, and Cover Girl Lash Blast (orange tube) on the other, in order to see how they stack up against each other. This one made my eyelashes look a bit fuller while the lash blast made them a teensy bit longer. I guess it comes down to a matter of preference.

So now I have to repurchase this (I tossed this already), just so I can keep the wand. :P