Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush

Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush

3.3

AQUA/WATER/EAU, PARAFFIN, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX/CIRE DABEILLE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, SILICA, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYURETHANE-35, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DIMETHICONOL, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DISODIUM EDTA, TETRASODIUM EDTA. [ /- MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470/CARMINE, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE.]

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a pretty middle-of-the-road drugstore mascara. The oversized brush is nice, as it is kinda fluffy and really separates the lashes; the formula itself is sorta terrible though because it is kind of gel and kind of liquid. It ends up going very goopy onto the lashes, which--for me at least--is not a flattering look. Maybelline does make some good drug store mascaras, but it tends to be the dryer formulas that work better. The wetter ones, like this and Great Lash are not nearly on par with what most of the other drug store brands are making.

At first I loved it, people would say things like "Are you wearing fake lashes?" But couple of weeks later, it started to dry really fast.

on 3/23/2017 3:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Yes, the wand is flimsy, but I don't see that as a problem. It only means that I don't press the wand against my lashes as hard. It makes for a lighter application of the product, which in a way, is a good thing is a good thing for me as there is less clumping. What is not as good however, it that this mascara doesn't provide a lot of volume and length and it flakes quite a bit. It makes my lashes pretty and I thought it would make a good mascara for work. I don't necessarily need super long and thick lashes at work. The flaking makes it impossible to wear at work though, so now I can't really think of a use for it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really love the wand, and one coat defines, lengthens, and adds volume. No clumps or flakes. This formula is not too wet or heavy, I can't feel the mascara on my lashes. This does not irritate my sensitive eyes.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this super cheap with a coupon. I wasn't looking for anything to fake looking, just something to bring out my eyes. I really like this one. it multiplies my lashes and makes my eyes stand out, so much so that I don't have to use eyeliner. I can put it on with shadow and I don't feel the need to tightline for a natural look. I was taken back by the flimsy wand but I haven't had any problems, it goes on easily and the flexibility is actually a good thing, try it.

on 4/3/2017 6:57:00 PM

Used this a years ago so I don't remember all the particulars but remember really not being a fan of this mascara. I couldn't build volume or get more than a natural look. It was just so so, not something I'd call good. Don't understand the rave reviews about volume because the only thing I remember was how meh it was. I also remember being sooooo disappointed and not liking the look it gave me. It was soft on the lashes and a mouse like formula. Not sure about flaking tho.

on 12/10/2016 1:09:00 AM

This product smeared like no other. Terrible.

on 12/13/2016 6:31:00 PM

One of my least favorite mascaras I've ever tried. The flimsiness and shape of the wand and bristles made it difficult to handle. I felt like I had no control over where I was applying the mascara and it took way too long to apply and did nothing for volume or lash definition. Not much product made it to my lashes and the bottom lashes were especially patchy. I have pretty long eyelashes and you couldn't tell at all with this product.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

best mascara i have tried yet maybelline never goes wrong with there mascara its the only brand i use for mascara i prefer it over the higher end brands i tried this paticular one because they did not have the falsie one i always used i brought this one and was amazed my lashes looked like i had fake eyelashes they were beautiful i would highly reccomend this mascara

The wand on this mascara is so flimsy and it bounces around and makes it hard for me to get all of my lashes. The formula is really wet and smeary. Just not a fan