Lancome Rouge in Love - 377N Midnight Rose

No Image

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

377 N is a glossy, pigmented pinky-red creme that suits my very fair golden ivory skintonte. Bright yet soft and feminine. Looking at the other two reviewers colour descriptions, I'd call this one a warmer-toned raspberry, or a cooler-toned watermelon, but not as blue/cool as fuchsia. I

The finish is like no other, I'd call it elegant, extremely moisturising, with a super glossy wet yet natural that makes my lips look HUGE, plump and youthful. Like a dewy blooming rose petal after the rain. I often see this look in Japanese or Korean magazines and wonder how they got the lips to look that way. It wears well for a creamy formula, it doesn't travel up the liplines, or smear around even if you don't use liner or eat a meal. Wears off evenly and doesn't dry out or chap my sensitive lips. When the glossy finish wears off lips still look lightly tinted, dewy land moisturised. As if they had a lip stain applied with a lip balm over the top. Wears well, doesn't wear off the centre crazily like most cremes. Anyway, its a lipstick that is very different from the others in my collection (mostly Kat Von D, Paul & Joe, Red Apple Lipstick) and I will probably use this one up to the end.

Gorgeous packaging, very pretty, compact and unique. Both of my tubes still look new just like when I first brought them - even after rolling around in my drawer for the past two years. The finish of the tube doesn't scratch or wear off.

The slight negatives with this lipsitck are: If I don't apply a liner first (I never do) I have to be concentrate to make sure I apply it looking evenly. There is something about a glossy finish that draws attention to uneven-ess that a matt lip finish easily hides. When I'm in a hurry I can apply the lip-line with my square lip brush then fill in with the bullet. But usually just applying directly with the bullet with care works fine. The other thing is the chemist where I buy these from the SA girl doesn't seem to like people or makeup or life much. But I love so many things I've brought from Lancome I'll work around her.

on 6/16/2014 12:36:00 PM

This is my HG bright pink fuchsia lipstick. I always apply with a lip brush over a lip primer and it lasts 7-8 hours without fading and without feathering. I do not use a liner. Even when I have not used a lip brush for application and only used lip primer, I've gotten over 6 hours of wear without fading, and this is through eating and drinking. For me, I think this is excellent longevity from a lip color. My favorite thing about this lip color is it feels moisturizing on; many of my long-wear lip colors make my lips feel SO dry. Also, it is slightly shiny so I don't need to apply gloss over. The color is very bright and slighly darker on my pale skin, but I think it makes my teeth whiter. Also, love the packaging. The metal case feels heavy and substantial and never opens on its own. Over all, HG product for me!!

"Midnight Rose" has a special spot in my fave lippies because it earned that award for being one of the most enduring lipsticks and at the same time, very moisturizing.

This lipstick, belonging to the "Rouge in Love" series by Lancome, is a terrific solution to anyone searching for that perfect fuchsia colored pinky-purple hue. Its opaque, entirely on the lip. Where some lipsticks cannot uphold the opaqueness and disappear in spots, this one DOES NOT DISAPPEAR. It lasts through eating and drinking, and even smacking of lips, or licking of lips, too! This is not matte, but slightly shiny. The color is incredible. Although I use lip liners which match, there were no signs of feathering or color leaching out south-ward.

This is certainly not a sleeper. It is a winner "thru and thru" and will receive lots of love by being worn with confidence and pride. Certainly worth a second look! I know I'll be trying others in this line.