Ecotools Bamboo Buffing Brush

Ecotools  Bamboo Buffing Brush

4.6

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Not sure if I will rebuy since I like my Maybelline better but I gave it a yes just because I might. It is just an ok brush. Not the easiest to clean compared to some others but feels just ok when applying.

I really like this brush. It's great to use with mineral powder foundation..buffs into the skin nicely. Does the job.

To Read all 66 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up after reading the rave reviews on MUA. I'm glad I did, because this is indeed a fantastic brush to use for liquid foundation. The bristles are so soft, and it makes my foundation melt into my skin, blending seamlessly without wasting a lot of product. This brush is the perfect size...not too big, not too small. I own a variety of foundation brushes and this is one that I've been reaching for a lot lately. Highly recommended.

Just an average brush. On my skin, this works better for applying setting or loose powder than liquid products as the bristles aren't so dense. The result is good. I've had it for several months, wash it once a week and there's only been minimal shedding.

Great brush, picks up the minerals in the foundation well and covers face nicely. Does shed a bit of hair sticking to my face but that's like any brushes.

on 8/26/2015 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was the 4th buffing type brush that I bought because I needed backups, those are my most used brushes. It's flat top and not as a dense as the Real Techniques buffing brush, but I ended up liking this a lot. I use it mainly for liquid or powder foundations. For areas where I need more coverage with liquid foundation I use a stippling motion, with powder foundations I buff the product in. It's super soft as all the Ecotools brushes, great price, around 7 or 8 CAD$, I like it! I guess you could use this to blend cream blushes, bronzer or contour products, I don't use it for that but it could work.

on 8/12/2015 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Too small and quite dense for my liking. Everytime I go to use this for my foundation, it is awkward. Picks up too much foundation- not giving a natural look. Not sure how to describe it but I think it just needs to be bigger...

This brush is great. It is soft and fairly dense. I use it to apply liquid foundations and it works so well. It's easy to quickly spread out the product evenly. I was using sponges and flat foundation brushes before this, but I am not going back to those thanks to this brush! And for the price this is an excellent deal. The only con I can think of is that it doesn't dry after a wash as easily because it's dense. I usually just give it a little blow dry.

on 6/27/2015 12:51:00 AM

Holy moly, my favorite foundation brush! I bought this brush a while ago spontaneously but never really thought much of it.. didn't use it often, and for a while I just let it settle amongst my other brushes. I go through phases where I use a certain foundation brush religiously, so my review is comparing this brush to the Sigma Flat Kabuki F80, Tarte Foundation Brush, Urban Decay Optical Blurring Brush, and the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. They're all spectacular brushes, but one day after watching a beauty guru use this Ecotools brush and apply her foundation flawlessly, I decided "Hey.. Let's try the brush out again." And my god, it is AMAZING. The bristles are SO soft, and it just buffs my foundation (I use Estee Lauder Doublewear) in seamlessly. No dry patches whatsoever (I have combo skin, oily on t-zone, dry patches usually near mouth area and under eyes). I have never loved another brush more.

Another thing is that it does not absorb much of the product so most of it goes on your face (hooray!) Does its job perfectly and buffs the product right onto your skin without wasting your foundation.

This is by far my absolute favorite foundation brush. Definitely recommend it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My favorite brush I own and here's why: I can use it for multiple uses and it can take even a bb cream and make it look like the highest end foundation by the airbrushed finish it gives. The brush is so so soft, I just love rubbing it on my face. Since it is a flat top, I've even used the edge to contour my cheekbones, I also use it to buff in a finishing powder. I never want to be without it!

Popular Makeup Brushes