4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

These days I do prefer using a BeautyBlender-type sponge for my foundation because I find that it is the most forgiving for my dry skin. However, if I ever decide to use a brush for foundation purposes, this EcoTools buffer brush is my favourite of my huge brush collection. I am a brush fiend so I have some very expensive brands like Hakuhodo, Koyudo, Chikuhodo and Marc Jacobs in my arsenal, along with budget brands such as EcoTools, Real Techniques, Zoeva, etc. I prefer this brush over other flat buffers like the Sigma F80 because it has the perfect amount of density to it. My main gripe is that lots of foundation buffers tend to be too dense and they end up microexfoliating my skin, exacerbating texture such as dry patches. With this brush however, I have no such problems. It diffuses my foundation perfectly and it doesn't leave streaks either. I still do prefer using sponges since I have to worry even less about my skin texture, but this brush is better if you're more concerned with coverage and it absorbs way less product. The bristles are also very, very soft too, being the softest out of all my other synthetic brushes. :) This wasn't even $10, so there is seriously almost no harm in investing in this beauty. I've had mine for 3 years, and it's still good as new! Highly recommended!

About reviewer (119 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3.0

4 years ago

Not sure if I will rebuy since I like my Maybelline better but I gave it a yes just because I might. It is just an ok brush. Not the easiest to clean compared to some others but feels just ok when applying.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

I really like this brush. It's great to use with mineral powder foundation..buffs into the skin nicely. Does the job.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

2.0

4 years ago

Just an average brush. On my skin, this works better for applying setting or loose powder than liquid products as the bristles aren't so dense. The result is good. I've had it for several months, wash it once a week and there's only been minimal shedding. UPDATE: Terrible shedding after a year, then all the bristles came out of the ferrule not long after.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

4 years ago

Great brush, picks up the minerals in the foundation well and covers face nicely. Does shed a bit of hair sticking to my face but that's like any brushes.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 years ago

This was the 4th buffing type brush that I bought because I needed backups, those are my most used brushes. It's flat top and not as a dense as the Real Techniques buffing brush, but I ended up liking this a lot. I use it mainly for liquid or powder foundations. For areas where I need more coverage with liquid foundation I use a stippling motion, with powder foundations I buff the product in. It's super soft as all the Ecotools brushes, great price, around 7 or 8 CAD$, I like it! I guess you could use this to blend cream blushes, bronzer or contour products, I don't use it for that but it could work.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3.0

4 years ago

Too small and quite dense for my liking. Everytime I go to use this for my foundation, it is awkward. Picks up too much foundation- not giving a natural look. Not sure how to describe it but I think it just needs to be bigger...

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

This brush is great. It is soft and fairly dense. I use it to apply liquid foundations and it works so well. It's easy to quickly spread out the product evenly. I was using sponges and flat foundation brushes before this, but I am not going back to those thanks to this brush! And for the price this is an excellent deal. The only con I can think of is that it doesn't dry after a wash as easily because it's dense. I usually just give it a little blow dry.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

from

5 years ago

Holy moly, my favorite foundation brush! I bought this brush a while ago spontaneously but never really thought much of it.. didn't use it often, and for a while I just let it settle amongst my other brushes. I go through phases where I use a certain foundation brush religiously, so my review is comparing this brush to the Sigma Flat Kabuki F80, Tarte Foundation Brush, Urban Decay Optical Blurring Brush, and the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. They're all spectacular brushes, but one day after watching a beauty guru use this Ecotools brush and apply her foundation flawlessly, I decided "Hey.. Let's try the brush out again." And my god, it is AMAZING. The bristles are SO soft, and it just buffs my foundation (I use Estee Lauder Doublewear) in seamlessly. No dry patches whatsoever (I have combo skin, oily on t-zone, dry patches usually near mouth area and under eyes). I have never loved another brush more. Another thing is that it does not absorb much of the product so most of it goes on your face (hooray!) Does its job perfectly and buffs the product right onto your skin without wasting your foundation. This is by far my absolute favorite foundation brush. Definitely recommend it.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

My favorite brush I own and here's why: I can use it for multiple uses and it can take even a bb cream and make it look like the highest end foundation by the airbrushed finish it gives. The brush is so so soft, I just love rubbing it on my face. Since it is a flat top, I've even used the edge to contour my cheekbones, I also use it to buff in a finishing powder. I never want to be without it!

About reviewer (94 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair