Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo

Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo

3.4

Water (Aqua), Sodium C 14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Dimethicone, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Laureth 4, Laureth 23, Amodimethicone, Trideceth 12, Cetrimonium Chloride, PEG 23M, Polyquaternium 10, Macadamia Ternifolia (Nut) Seed Oil, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Panthenol, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, FD&C Red 5, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Red 40, FD&C Blue 1

Been seeing this in the shops for a while but the price put me off buying it. Our local supermarket had some reduced to clear so I grabbed some.
I am pleased that I did not pay full price as it was not a good buy! Used shampoo and conditioner the other night and although the shampoo felt nice to use, one of the products left my hair feeling very dry. I do have dry, damaged fine hair and this made it worse. It also made my blonde a bit yellow, enough for me to notice immediately the change in colour.
A real shame as I had high hopes going by the reviews.

on 11/14/2015 6:48:00 PM

First of all, the scent is horrible. I swear it smells like insecticide to me. Nasty.

I must say though, this has been the most hydrating organix shampoo I have tried, the problem is that my hair gets oily very quickly with this shampoo!

To Read all 31 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/2/2015 11:03:00 PM

I have used the matching conditioner for this for a long time but never really wanted to use the shampoo, I just thought it would be really thick and heavy and make my hair really oily, but I was so wrong! I wish I had tried it sooner. I am a bit on the fence with Organix shampoos, on the one hand they are one of the few brands that don't make my scalp itch or give me dandruff, in fact the Sea Mineral shampoo actually worked for me as a anti-dandruff shampoo so that's pretty good if you have dandruff but don't want to use the chemicals in the usual anti-dandruff shampoos, but there is sometimes something not quite right about them, too drying or doesn't feel like it cleans properly, builds up too much etc, but this shampoo turned out to be quite light and thin and spread through my hair easily and lathered well and it's left my hair shiny and moisturised without being oily and I still have volume in my hair so it's perfect actually, my hair is also a bit damaged at the ends from straightening it, and this had made a really big difference. Whether it will build up over time I don't know, but still you just have to alternate with a different one to fix that, so yeah, if you have every considered buying it and you like the conditioner it's worth giving it a go!

This is not my favorite shampoo but I do like the smell of it. It smells something along the lines of brown sugar. it's nothing to write home about. It is a creamy Shampoo so not much lather but it gets the job done. I wish the smell would linger in my hair. Will not repurchase

It takes alot of the product to really lather in your hair and I use this with the matching conditioner and my hair did not feel hydrated or soft at all, its more like the opposite.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I decided to try this shampoo and conditioner because I read on a forum for people with curly hair, that this shampoo is good for controlling frizz and making curls look defined. I was skeptical at first, when I noticed that liquid silicone is one of the first ingredients, before macadamia oil, but it works really well. My hair is really shiny and my curls are well defined.
I put a dab of it back in my hair after I rinse it, so that it controls frizz better, and it works really well. It also helps make it more manageable. (if I rinse it out completely, I get knots in my hair).
It might seem expensive, but it's worth it. The bottles only look small because of the shape. One thing they could improve is the shape of the cap. It would be nice if I could stand it upside-down when it's almost empty, so I can get the last little bit out of the bottle easier.

on 1/2/2015 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

To be fair, Im only giving a lukewarm review & not repurchasing bc my hair is color-treated w semiperm Sebastian Cellophane. This means I should only use the gentlest of non-sulfate shampoos. This not being one of them.

If you've seen my recent reviews, you know Ive been careful by using dry shampoos. So I was horrified to see 3 weeks in using this shampoo, that my color was 75% stripped w gray shoots sticking out to embarrass me..

However if you do not have color, this is a nicely tropical scented shampoo that cleanses your hair well. Unfortch, I must move on to something gentler..

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been wanting to try this for a while. It smells very good and does a good job of getting my hair and scalp clean without making my hair feel stripped despite the fact that it has a harsh sulfate in it, which is surprising since it claims to be sulfate free. It leaves my hair shiny with good definition. Suitable for those with fine to medium hair. It doesn't leave any residue and a bottle was about eight dollars. Wait for it to come on sale.

on 3/17/2014 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this beats out my HG shampoo Organix Brazilian Straight. It's super creamy and without conditioner my hair already feels very soft and moisturized. I haven't had that feeling with many shampoos.

It smells awesome and with the conditioner my hair is very soft and sleek. I have very thick, wavy, coarse, and long hair. I find many products do not do much for it. Usually they feel like they've stripped my hair or have done nothing. This is unique.

I have long, fine, easy to frizz, straight Asian hair, while my scalp is on the oily side. I shampoo my hair daily, so I use a lot of shampoo, and I need something that will clean my scalp, but the same time it won't weight down my hair, and control the frizz.

I've been using Organix hair products since about a year ago, and I've tried many of them, I'm completely hooked, this is the only brand of hair products I'm using now besides few other products from Loreal. (Originally I choose Organix for the reason of sulfate-free, and Loreal eversleek for silicone-free).

All Organix shampoo I've tried are good, some of them, like the argan cream one is on the heavier side. My most favorite so far are the Macadamia oil shampoo, for its smell; and the Sea mineral shampoo, for its result, but it smells not so good in my opinion.

Macadamia oil shampoo smells just like ... fresh sugarcane and/or real watermelon juice ! I'm a Taiwanese, and both sugarcane and watermelon are very common fruits there. It's a scent hard to describe, not perfumy, not floral, not fruity, not nutty (although it's macadamia oil ...), not really grassy but a bit green, not sugary ... ok, I'm not being any helpful here.

This is the only shampoo I've used in my whole life that will bring a smile on me when I use it in shower everyday, for its smell. Result wise, it's as good as all other Organix shampoo I've tried, and they are all very good.