E.L.F. Studio High Definition Undereye Setting Powder

Talc, Mica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone, Crosspolymer, Silica, Magnesium Staerate Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (VC), Phytonadione (VK). May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77007), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

This product is like using the blur option on photoshop, but on your face in real life. I have never used anything that I felt like had such an effect. It not only sets my undereye concealer (currently using Maybelline Fit Me concealer, sometimes I use the Maybelline Age Rewind), but it BLURS my dark circles. "Blur" is really the right word to use with this product, as that is really what it does. I also tend to use it on the sides of my nose, especially with a dewy foundation, because I do not like the sides of my nose to have any shine. I also feel that I have fairly advanced wrinkles under my eyes for my age, and I do not think that this product typically exaggerates them. Most days, I feel like it helps reduce their appearance, and considering that one eye has them worse from a bad eyelid infection about a year back, I can really tell when something works or doesn't work.

Nope. SA suggested I try this out after I bought the HD Undereye Concealer (also a nope). I told her I had MUFE HD Powder but she said this was amazing for brightening under the eye, and if I didn't like it, just bring it back. It's going back - same as the concealer is.

This does have noticeable glitter - blue squares of glitter. I really don't want glitter - ever. It makes me feel dirty (as in I have chunks of stuff on my face), and cheap (as in tacky and unnatural). I did a comparison of it on one eye, and MUFE HD on the other. No contest. The MUFE looks natural - like I just have youthful bright skin under my eyes. The E.L.F. side looks like I mistakenly got glitter stuck to my face and is not as bright as the MUFE side plus it doesn't reduce the look of fine lines like the MUFE side does. Better for young lassies perhaps. Going back. I gave it a lippie for the packaging tho - perfect for travel.

To Read all 74 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a stable I bought it the first week it came out and have been using it ever since I love it because when you're in a rush and you lied actually sitting down and taking time to do color correcting underneath your eyes I just take this and mix it with a little bit of their yellow setting powder and make that underneath my eyes and it makes me look awake and right underneath the eyes and I am a woman of color so I can only imagine how that combination would work for you lighter skinned women if you're worried about there being a bunch of glitter underneath there I don't worry when you put it underneath your eye it gives more of a scene than a glittery glow and you can always mix a little bit with your loose powder To tone it down

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this on a sale, just out of curiosity, but scared that it might be to glittery, for it was a complaint I read many had. But even when the powder looks shimmery in the pan, when it applies, there is no glitter, or super shine on my under eyes, and when I don’t notice any super brightening, it does set my concealer wonderfully, making it last all day long without any cakiness. But I don’t use the brush it come with, for me it was useless, I like applying it with the Real Techniques Setting brush. The only setting powder that is better than this, is Coty Airspun, but this one is better for traveling.

I had to order this online as we no longer have Target in Canada and ELF products are scarce to find in stores so I was surprised to see just how tiny a package this was. Adorable, but not real easy to use from a packaging point of view. I agree with all the reviews about how useless the brush is that comes included. Think I will repurpose that for applying shadow along the lower lash line maybe... The powder itself is fine, and I don't notice the sparkles like others have commented. I'm not so sure I'd bother purchasing this again. I don't find that it does any better job of setting the under eye area any better than other powders I've used, but it's just not compelling enough for me to seek out despite the cute packaging and low cost.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gentle, doesn't irritate my very sensitive under eyes. Doesn't settle into lines. You don't need cake this stuff on. I dip, tap the excess off and just press a little on after concealer. Can't beat the price.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Forget the expensive YSL Touche Eclat; just use E.L.F. HD Lifting Concealer, and top it with this. There's no need to spend $40 or more on a concealer when this will do the trick just fine, and for a tiny fraction of the cost.

Plus, this is versatile enough to be used as a highlighter on other parts of your face, especially discolored areas, and if you apply more liberally and don't blend as much as you would normally then it can act as a pick-me-up highlighter for the inner corners of your eyes.

And this brings me to my next point. This product looks shimmery in the container, and that's because it is, but there's a very good reason for it. Ever so slight shimmer (barely noticeable once blended) is used as an illusion, in order to cover fine lines and darkness under the eyes.

This is why it's perfect for those of us above a certain age, or those of us who have imperfections like dark circles. All you have to do to get the most out of this product is to wait a couple of minutes before you use it.

Once you apply concealer, don't reach for this yet. Blend in your concealer and move on to other things. Come back to it before you're ready to set your face with powder, spray, or whatever, THEN use this. It gives your concealer enough time to settle, and lets this illusory setting powder do its job properly.

Also, for those of you who don't know, please be careful not to apply too much, because then it really will look glittery. In order to combat this, you might consider tapping the little brush or lightly swiping it against the edge of the lid, in order to shake off any excess.

Personally, I lightly swipe it across the top of my hand, in order to remove the outer layer that's on the little brush. There's still plenty left on the brush. Plus it's always easier to add more product than it is to remove it once it lands on your face.

Love this setting powder. I was making the mistake of using it with a concealer that was already billed as "brightening" which was giving me a sparkle overload. When I pair it with a regular concealer is when the magic happens. I prefer the extra step of using this, to my actual all-in-one CC brightening concealer, because my under eye doesn't crease. Thsi tiny pot has lasted me 18 months. I don't like the brush that comes with it. I use a fluffier, slightly flat eyeshadow brush (that doesn't pick up much product). This stuff is magical if you can get it to work for you.

I got this because it was only $3. & I'm glad I did. I also got it because my liner was transferring to my lids. With this it doesn't smudge or transfer, if it does it's very minimal. It sets my concealer/foundation well. It actual does conceal dark circles/lines. & lightens around a the eyes a bit, with no white cast. It blends well, comes with a tiny cute brush, which is easy to use & perfect for around eyes. It lasts a long time too. & the price is great, you don't get much but it lasts a while. Cute packaging too, it comes in an adorable little box.

This was ok, I own better setting powders. I think this would work best for younger, those with less under-eye wrinkles or thicker skin. It looked flawless, airbrushed upon application but sadly in about 30mins it started to crease and settle in lines, felt dry. I tried different primers and had no improvements. I will use on days when I get plenty of sleep since it does not do anything for darkness, sets the concealer but will not repurchase.