MAC Prep + Prime Skin Smoother

MAC Prep + Prime Skin Smoother
Prep + Prime Skin Smoother

3.1

Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Silica, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Polysilicone-11, Nylon-12, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lecithin, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Glycerin, Phytosterols, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 10/20/2016 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I didn't even want a primer when I bought this. I was just playing with it in the store and then the salesperson came over an sold me on it. I'm happy with this primer but I have never used it all over my face. The sales rep advised me that it was to be used only in areas that need extra smoothing and that's how I use it. I don't think it would work very well for an all over primer. I just warm it up between my fingers and then press it on the large pores on my cheeks near my nose, the space between my brows, my eyelids and a tiny bit underneath of my eyes. I get lovely results with smooth poreless skin and it also smoothes out the crepeness of my eyelids which is amazing. I like using this as a pore filler much more than the other popular pore filler by Becca. That one always felt like I was trying to spread glue on my face and my foundation would stick to it and ball up. In spite of what someone else said this MAC primer is not like Vaseline. It may feel and look a little like Vaseline in the container but when you spread it on it has that smooth silicone feel that many other primers have. I hate the feel of silicones but with this primer it seems to go away within a few minutes and then my skin just feels soft and smooth. My two complaints is that the effect is not as long lasting as I would like. I leave the house with lovely flawless skin but after a few hours my pores start to peek through just a little. Also the packaging is not the most sanitary. Basically when you open this the little pancake of primer is completely exposed and that you have to stick your fingers or your brush right into the product and swirl it around. I can't remember how much I spent on this but I believe it was around $23-25 dollars. As I don't use it all over my face and I only need a tiny bit to fill my pores and lines I think it will last a very long time and is therefore worth the money.

on 1/17/2016 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I've found this to be a convenient product for two very specific uses. First I use a flat foundation brush and apply around my nose and under my eyes as I would a regular primer. It helps seal in any pores and prevent foundation from sinking in and also adds a little slip to my undereye area to prepare for concealer. I have several primers and when I use this for pre-foundation it is for a powder foundation.

The other way that I have used this is to take it with me and apply on the go over my existing makeup so that I can apply a little more, typically under the eye. I think that was the original intent of the product, perhaps for the drier skins so that additional concealer and perhaps powder could be reapplied. For this use it works great also.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/10/2014 7:53:00 AM

This primer does absolutely nothing for my skin with the exception of making it look oily and causing breakouts. It never sets and sort of 'floats around' on my face, regardless if I use it under Longwear, Fix Fluid, Studio Sculpt or other brands. 30 euros down the drain. So terrible I went back to the store and suggested they stop recommending this product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I LOVE this primer! This stuff seriously makes my skin feel so soft and provides a nice canvas for my makeup. It also helps with my oily skin, but its not that great.

on 7/1/2014 12:31:00 AM

I'm a lazy bum and almost never write reviews but I HATE this product so much. I never EVER break out, and yet this did the trick. Two weeks after using it I am still suffering from the cystic pimples it gave me, but thank GOD they are going down. Horrible, horrible product. Please don't buy if you're in your twenties or even thirties. Might work better for more mature women though.

on 4/9/2014 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

a primer must leave your skin softer, smoother, fill the pores and make your makeup last much longer. well, what I can say is that this primer was a disappointment for me, because the only thing it did was make my skin smoother because of its texture of Vaseline. It didnt fill my pores or the frown lines as it promises, and did not prolong my makeup, instead she ran much faster. This primer is for me nothing more than a very expensive Vaseline, it melts to the touch of your hand so you can use in your face, so it does it on your skin too. I dont have oily skin, it is mixed, but i still dont recomend it to anyone. I have another one that I paid much less and is a thousand times better.

This isn't for all but it's my HG primer. I have an oily t zone and dry flakes around my jaw, this controlled the oil and hydrated my jaw and now I have perfect dewy skin with an almost matte finish if that makes sense. I've tried many high end and low end primers and I'm happy to say that this is beyond perfect. Another hit from MAC.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Wow! I have finally found my HOLY GRAIL primer! This stuff is amazing, and I am really shocked it didnt get better reviews. My face is very oily and I have tried primer after primer after primer, and I cant believe the wonders this stuff did for me. When I first got it, I wasnt sure how to apply it. It didnt come with a sponge or anything, and Im really not one to use my fingers/hands for certain items, so I grabbed my Real Techniques stippling brush and painted away.... Let me tell you- my makeup has stayed put for almost 12 hours! I have no oils peeking through, my makeup looks just as it looked when I applied it this morning, my face is soooo soft & smooth.. similar to a porcelain doll.. and my smile lines/lines on my forehead you cant even see! I didnt even use alot of product to get these results.. I just dabbed the stippling brush into the compact and went over my cheeks, forehead, smile lines, etc... This stuff is absolutely amazing, and I really dont care what the cost was, if its works for me then I am one happy camper! I will totally repurchase this! Hopefully someone will swap theirs they dont want, LOL!!!! *wink*

on 5/9/2013 3:30:00 AM

I heard so much about this product and I never used any mac products ever my very first time being a single mom of 6 I decided to go and spoil myself for a change and bought this primer a foundation wich also I do not like at all the sales girl matched me with a very yellow foundation and a eye shadow wich I simply love but this product is the worst ever !!! it made my skin look awful and dry around the chin nose and mouth area I will never buy or reccomend this to anyone if I could get a refund I would I am very disapointed I feel cheated .. I got better results using Nyc face primer and I only p.aid 5 bucks for it and does a so much better job than this crap

Just got this yesterday - and it is exactly perfect for the job I wanted it for: filling the creases under my eyes which have appeared magically this year! I've tried just about every single eye cream to stop the crepey dry lines that appeared every time I smiled (as I was told that the lines were dryness) but that didn't work. I am clearly aging, but I don't really want it to be that visible! I saw one review which mentioned this as a solution, and tried it in a shop beforehand and read loads of reviews as well. I have a great general face primer (smash box) which I adore, so no need for a new one of those. I only wish it came in a smaller pot so that I could take it around with me in my handbag makeup case, but it is rather bulky. Might see if I can find a little mini pot for it to decant into. Lovely glittery packaging - better than the matte black usual packaging which I don't think looks as expensive as MAC is...
The lippie off is only for the size of the packaging, not for anything else as it is pure genius at fixing the problem I wanted fixed.