Sephora Collection Instant Radiance Foundation

Sephora Collection Instant Radiance Foundation

3.0

on 5/21/2012 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Okay, I'll admit it: I originally bought this hoping it would be a cheaper dupe to MUFE's HD cover foundation.

The good news is that this is an awesome foundation! Light to medium coverage that sits very lightly on the skin, I can't even tell it's there. On my normal/dry skin, it lasts all day with only minor fading, and I didn't notice any sort of oxidation, either. It has a very, very light earthy scent to it when you first put it on, but it disappears quickly. Otherwise, no added perfumes! Plus it comes with a pump, so dispensing is quick, easy, and hygienic.

I was initially wary because "radiance" tends to equate to "glitter bomb" in the world of cosmetic jargon, but thankfully, this foundation was completely shimmer/glitter free. This dries to a semi-matte finish-- not ultra-dewy, but not completely matte either, so you might want to put some powder on top if you need extra oil control. I'm going to echo the sentiment that this should be added to their permanent line! It's an excellent product at a decent price point.

Price-wise, it's worth noting that the bottle actually contains 0.67oz of product, whereas most foundations are sold at 1oz, so this foundation comes out to be ~$33/oz (no biggie for me, since I've never finished a bottle of foundation, ever). It's still cheaper than MUFE's foundation at $42 for 1oz, but not half the price that some people seem to think it is.

on 11/28/2012 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am sorry to be the downer, and it is most certainly due to my age/skintype. I have dry skin and winter is approaching. My daily foundation is a bit sheer and doesn't last all day, so I wanted to find a foundation with a little more coverage. This foundation is nice, and applies well. It provides a bit too little coverage and is drying for me. My MA at Sephora matched me nicely, but alas I will have to return.

on 7/31/2012 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Overall Rating: 3.5/5
Darn! This was almost perfect.
Pros:
-Light-Medium Coverage
-Beautiful luminous finish without being glittery
-Shade #20 Matched me so well
-LOVE the packaging! Similar to the MUFE HD foundation
Cons:
-Did not control all that well
-For the price, you don't get a lot of product
-Broke me out :(
I know my pros outweigh the cons, but the breaking out part is definitely enough for me to discontinue using.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This goes normally for $22 according to the Sephora website. It was on sale at JCPenney's Sephora for $8.50. I am glad I didn't pay the full price. The color was perfect for my skin but unfortunately, the formula was dry and cakey on my skin. A bit difficult to blend as well. I tried it with and without primer and it's just no good. I gave it to my sister and she ended up tossing it out for the same reason. Would not repurchase.