Sephora Instant Radiance Foundation

Sephora  Instant Radiance Foundation

3.7

on 5/10/2012 7:19:00 PM

UPDATE: upping it to 5 lippies. I am wearing this today on just clean, non-moisutrized skin and it has a lot more coverage this way. If you are dry you might want to stick with your moisturizer. But if you're oily, this fdt alone will do the trick. I paired with my Infallible pressed powder in Nude Buff (I think) and it looks beautiful and totally non over-powdered and dry. I was told that paired with Sephora's new Microsmooth Foundation Face Powder (a dupe of Mac's mineral pressed powder, or so I heard; also got great reviews) also works very well. As soon as I have some play money, I'm getting both. ;)

I briefly dropped by Sephora today, exclusively to get a sample of this new product. This is described by the company as "An oil-free foundation that instantly brightens and moisturizes the skin for a flawless complexion." It got excellent reviews on the Sephora site and I can understand why. I got it in Light Nude #15 and it's darn near a perfect match. I spreads on very well. No scent that I detected, but I'm not bothered by perfume in foundations so that's really a non-issue for me. Although it's oil-free, it's feels nice and creamy and it's not a shiny mess (even on my oily skin). Most importantly, no silicones and no sparkles. YAY! Thank you, Sephora!

Coverage: sheer to light. Too light for me, but I'm sure some people will call it full-coverage, something that leads me to seriously wonder if those people are hopelessly trend-addicted, or if, regardless of age, they suffer from cataracts, poor dears. I hope it's not the second. Also, coverage improves when I put powder on top (which of course, I always do, as I abhor the greasy look, a.k.a. "glowy"), and it does not look dry. Comes in the regular Sephora pump bottle.

Anyway, I gave it only 4 lippies because I have only worn this once. So far, I like this very much. Not as much as their Perfecting Cover fdts. (fuller coverage), but this should make a very good summer fdt. This is $22, which is not cheap, but if you consider there are other fdts. out there, which cost double and aren't half as good ... If BB creams performed like this fdt., I would have a good deal more respect for them than I have at present. If anything changes, I'll keep you posted

on 7/31/2012 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Overall Rating: 3.5/5
Darn! This was almost perfect.
Pros:
-Light-Medium Coverage
-Beautiful luminous finish without being glittery
-Shade #20 Matched me so well
-LOVE the packaging! Similar to the MUFE HD foundation
Cons:
-Did not control all that well
-For the price, you don't get a lot of product
-Broke me out :(
I know my pros outweigh the cons, but the breaking out part is definitely enough for me to discontinue using.

on 6/7/2015 2:36:00 PM

I'm so sad that this product was discontinued, well at least in the canadian sephora branches, i bought it on sale for $10 and bought Sephora instant radiance foundation for $10, and mixed them together for a better shade selection and it was the best thing i have ever done, it gave me full covereage without much product and a very healthy glowy look. i tried it with a brush and it was great, blended easily

sad part is it was on sale because they discontinued both, and i tried sepehora's 10 HR wear Perfection foundation and it sucked.

i wish sephora would bring both products back because they were great together:(((

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This goes normally for $22 according to the Sephora website. It was on sale at JCPenney's Sephora for $8.50. I am glad I didn't pay the full price. The color was perfect for my skin but unfortunately, the formula was dry and cakey on my skin. A bit difficult to blend as well. I tried it with and without primer and it's just no good. I gave it to my sister and she ended up tossing it out for the same reason. Would not repurchase.

on 8/22/2013 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation for the price is really great. I buff it on with a dry brush and set it with urban decay makeup setting spray. For me since I do not like the feel of foundation on my skin I consider it a medium to somewhat heavy coverage. You cannot feel it on your skin, it lasts all day, does not break me out or dry my skin out. I have tried just about every foundation out there and although I am still searching for the "perfect" one, I will use this until I find it.

I use this foundation in number 10 "Clair light" and I mix it with Revlon Colorstay number 150 "buff" and it does WONDERS. Super full coverage but does not look cakey if done right. (Pea size dots of each foundation on top of hand and using a stippling brush mix the two) I wouldn't wear this foundation alone because it seems to be a little bit too oily for my skin. Doesn't break me out whatsoever.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I decided to get this foundation because I can't wear my beloved Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation due to the alcohol in it. What a waste of $$.

I chose to get the Sephora Instant Radiance foundation over the Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing one because it's cheaper and the BB product contains lavender. (I have sensitive skin and I didn't want to take a chance on a reaction)
Plus Paula Begoun raves about it and while I don't take her reviews as gospel, I do take them into consideration when researching products.

My colour match is peach (#26) and it gives me a nice, healthy glow, like the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. (love the foundation but it broke me out)
For reference, my skin tone is Asian, NC30/C3.
A touch up is required during the day and I don't recommend this foundation for oilier skin types. It's best suited for normal to slightly dry skin types. Those with dry to very dry skin types may not find this moisturizing enough.

A colleague said the Sephora foundation looked great one me. :-)
By the end of the day, my face does look rather 'shiny' but I do like the dewy look. (my skin can't handle the more matte finishes anymore)

If you're looking for that dewy finish and don't want to spend too much money, this foundation is worth trying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Here in China it costs more than in the US, but it's still cheap, almost same price as Drugstore brands.
The coverage is light-medium, it's not greasy or oily, the reason why I like it is that it doesn't sit on my under eye lines. It's also good for photographs.
I've tried MUFE HD, which I find similar, just a little more coverage (but not full coverage), and since I was in a budge I decided to buy the Sephora one. Another con is that the color is one number darker for me. I've been having problems in China to find something that matches my pale skin (the best match for me is Anna Sui, but it melts and its awful).

Oh my gosh you guys, go out and buy this foundation!!! It is phenomenal! It has a medium coverage that is 100% buildable to a full coverage, it has a gorgeous semi-matte finish, so if you have oily skin it would be perfectly fine with a bit of powder, and if you have dry skin (like me) it is very moisturizing! This foundation is really light too, and glides on so smoothly with a brush, fingers or sponges, and it gives you a really pretty glow, but there is 100% no shimmer in it, which is great! It also last very long too :) Plus there is a pump!! So easy to use! The only reason I didn't give it 5/5 is cause the colour selection could be somewhat better. I wish they had slightly more pinkish tones because I am quite pale, especially in winter, but the absolute lightest shade looks a little yellow to me. That kinda sucks, cause I will probably wear it more in winter, and I'm afraid it won't be the right shade. I'm sure though that it will be easily fixable with some lighter powder or mixing it with a lighter foundation! Love it though!!

on 5/21/2012 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Okay, I'll admit it: I originally bought this hoping it would be a cheaper dupe to MUFE's HD cover foundation.

The good news is that this is an awesome foundation! Light to medium coverage that sits very lightly on the skin, I can't even tell it's there. On my normal/dry skin, it lasts all day with only minor fading, and I didn't notice any sort of oxidation, either. It has a very, very light earthy scent to it when you first put it on, but it disappears quickly. Otherwise, no added perfumes! Plus it comes with a pump, so dispensing is quick, easy, and hygienic.

I was initially wary because "radiance" tends to equate to "glitter bomb" in the world of cosmetic jargon, but thankfully, this foundation was completely shimmer/glitter free. This dries to a semi-matte finish-- not ultra-dewy, but not completely matte either, so you might want to put some powder on top if you need extra oil control. I'm going to echo the sentiment that this should be added to their permanent line! It's an excellent product at a decent price point.

Price-wise, it's worth noting that the bottle actually contains 0.67oz of product, whereas most foundations are sold at 1oz, so this foundation comes out to be ~$33/oz (no biggie for me, since I've never finished a bottle of foundation, ever). It's still cheaper than MUFE's foundation at $42 for 1oz, but not half the price that some people seem to think it is.