Sephora Instant Radiance Foundation

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Sephora  Instant Radiance Foundation

1 review

on 5/10/2012 7:19:00 PM

UPDATE: upping it to 5 lippies. I am wearing this today on just clean, non-moisutrized skin and it has a lot more coverage this way. If you are dry you might want to stick with your moisturizer. But if you're oily, this fdt alone will do the trick. I paired with my Infallible pressed powder in Nude Buff (I think) and it looks beautiful and totally non over-powdered and dry. I was told that paired with Sephora's new Microsmooth Foundation Face Powder (a dupe of Mac's mineral pressed powder, or so I heard; also got great reviews) also works very well. As soon as I have some play money, I'm getting both. ;)

I briefly dropped by Sephora today, exclusively to get a sample of this new product. This is described by the company as "An oil-free foundation that instantly brightens and moisturizes the skin for a flawless complexion." It got excellent reviews on the Sephora site and I can understand why. I got it in Light Nude #15 and it's darn near a perfect match. I spreads on very well. No scent that I detected, but I'm not bothered by perfume in foundations so that's really a non-issue for me. Although it's oil-free, it's feels nice and creamy and it's not a shiny mess (even on my oily skin). Most importantly, no silicones and no sparkles. YAY! Thank you, Sephora!

Coverage: sheer to light. Too light for me, but I'm sure some people will call it full-coverage, something that leads me to seriously wonder if those people are hopelessly trend-addicted, or if, regardless of age, they suffer from cataracts, poor dears. I hope it's not the second. Also, coverage improves when I put powder on top (which of course, I always do, as I abhor the greasy look, a.k.a. "glowy"), and it does not look dry. Comes in the regular Sephora pump bottle.

Anyway, I gave it only 4 lippies because I have only worn this once. So far, I like this very much. Not as much as their Perfecting Cover fdts. (fuller coverage), but this should make a very good summer fdt. This is $22, which is not cheap, but if you consider there are other fdts. out there, which cost double and aren't half as good ... If BB creams performed like this fdt., I would have a good deal more respect for them than I have at present. If anything changes, I'll keep you posted