4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Found my HG matte highlight eye shadow! This light peach color works perfectly for the center of my eyelids, brow bones, and inner corners of my eyes. It's great quality for the price as well.

About reviewer (393 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

This shadow is better pigmented than many high end eye shadows. It didn't work for my skin tone, it was just a bit too orange. It stayed on okay with a primer.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I LOVE this eyeshadow. I think it is my favourite base eyeshadow. It's up there with MAC Orb for how much I love an eyeshadow. I wear it over an eye primer all over the lids. It is matte and pigmented and makes my eyelids look rested and not discoloured. Also, it doesn't make them look crepey which is a top priority at 40+. It was only £5 and I think it is as good if not better than MAC/Urban Decay and all the other more expensive popular brands of eyeshadow. <3

About reviewer (298 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I use this eyeshadow almost everyday. Like others here, I have small red veins on my eyelids. So I apply this to cover it. Then if I wish, I apply an other eyeshadow over it, I usually wear neutral color with eyeliner. I also helps to tone down frosty eyeshadows, which makes them look more complete and sophisticated. Took 1 lippie off because now NYX is made in china. I don't like putting stuff on my skin that's made in china.

About reviewer (192 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

This product is exactly what I hoped it would be when I picked it out. I have pretty terrible looking eyelids without makeup on. They're quite dark and even kind of veiny. Gross, I know. And going into summer I wear a lot less makeup then normal. Usually just a tinted moisturizer, blush, and mascara. But when I just wear mascara and nothing else, my eyes look horrid. So I wanted a shadow as close to my skintone as possible, maybe a little bit brighter. This is perfect. I wear it from the lid to the browbone on days when I'm just wearing mascara and it just looks like I have beautifully even skin above my eyes. Makes such a difference in my makeup routine and I will keep repurchasing for sure.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

6 years ago

I bought this based on 1017's review & I so glad I did. She called her cashmere eye look along with Leather&Lace. I get the cashmere look idea, she nailed it with that description. I'd call it a Burberry ad eyeshadow, the high end look in nude shadows, whisper soft. This is a gorgeous satin matte shadow in a creamy golden beige. It covers up veining, red rims, purple shadows & leaves my wrinkled crepey lids looking smooth like velvet. Blends well, doesn't fade, change colour, skip or grab. I don't bother with primer & it lasts just fine. Feels so soft & comfortable it is like nothing on, except there is, & I look better for it. My eyelids but better!!! Much better!!!! Just like a kindergarten report card, I am happy to say "Plays well with others!" Meaning my other shadows work well with it. None of the 5 matte shadows by NYX that I bought have caused irritation, which is nice because sadly my 2 MAC shadows Patina & Shroom both do as does Dior Incognito. If you have been hunting for nice matte shadows at a reasonable cost, look at the matte series by NYX or Maybelline Chic Naturals.

About reviewer (296 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Fine

6 years ago

Based on previous reviews I decided to try this es. I have medium skin with yellow undertones and have been wanted to try more matte es since I'm getting older and too much sparkle just accentuates eye wrinkles. ;O The color looks great on my lids, a pale creamy tone, the peachiness doesn't show much on me. There is some fallout but not as bad as NYX "Kiss the Day" which has tons of fallout. Of course the packaging is great, similar to MAC and the price can' be beat! I would definitely repurchase this one!

About reviewer (161 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

1.0

7 years ago

Deleting my review as a small (no doubt futile) protest about the new board format released May 2019

About reviewer (87 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

Pretty color to higlight with. It's a matte, light-peach color and shows up as a warmish-white on me. I am light- NC 20-25- & it's lighter than my skintone. Love the packaging & price of NYX es.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

This color matches my complexion nearly spot on. I use this allover my lid in place of using my concealer, so not only do I get the coverage I want, I don't have the creasing issue I would with my concealer. Lap Dance is most certainly matte, and is a slightly yellow-toned nude (though the yellow doesn't transfer obviously) which is good for covering up any purple-ness that might around the eye area. A very soft and finely milled eyeshadow, essentially a perfectly matte nude at a very reasonable price. I will definitely buy again.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

AgeUnder 18