REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

3.7

on 11/2/2014 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I kept rubbing this all over my lips because the color wouldn't show up at first- but give it a minute and this pretty light pink color appeared on my lips. Not the purple I expected but it's blue-based and pretty. My lips also feel nice, not sticky or dry, which is great.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this lip stain. I had absolutely no expectations for it: I saw it for 75% off, and scooped it up. I was worried that the shade would either be too barbie pink & frosty or too lilac/pink. The outcome: a darling pink that goes surprisingly well with my pale olive skin. I have been reaching for it when i do simple make-up & want to keep the look sweet & natural. The stain does linger on the lips for some time -- much longer than that clinique lip pencil balm thing (which reminds me, packaging-wise, of this revlon stain). It does not dry out the lips or leave a strange taste behind; the scent is non-existent & the price, even when not on sale, is fair. I am looking forward to trying out other shades. Go for it!

As a teenager, $18 for a Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (which didn't have too much product) is quite a lot. So when I was given the opportunity to purchase products from the more expensive drugstore brands, I had picked Darling (and Lovesick) as one of my shades.

Darling, for me, is a frosty purple-lilac shade which doesn't entirely suit my slightly tanned skin colour. And I extremely disliked this shade. The smell was horrid and I don't like how it looks and how it feels on my lips (dry, fake and too frosty).

I think some of the other shades (like Lovesick) are much nicer and would not buy this product again.