Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]
Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I keep trying to like this so badly because I love lavender/lilac lips. This just has no staining properties at all. I have moderately pigmented lips so that could be a contributing factor, but for example, Cherish is very similar in tone and lightness and that one actually shows up and stains my lips. I can only see some color after 3-4 coats of Darling and when the "stain" sets in, the color basically disappears. I think this would only work with those who have little pigmentation to their lips.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this lip stain. I had absolutely no expectations for it: I saw it for 75% off, and scooped it up. I was worried that the shade would either be too barbie pink & frosty or too lilac/pink. The outcome: a darling pink that goes surprisingly well with my pale olive skin. I have been reaching for it when i do simple make-up & want to keep the look sweet & natural. The stain does linger on the lips for some time -- much longer than that clinique lip pencil balm thing (which reminds me, packaging-wise, of this revlon stain). It does not dry out the lips or leave a strange taste behind; the scent is non-existent & the price, even when not on sale, is fair. I am looking forward to trying out other shades. Go for it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. I got it in this color, and also in Cherish. I like to mix the two together and create a one of a kind, lush pinky-lavender lip. They go on smooth, they have a great,minty scent/flavor, & they make my lips feel great. They also do what they say they do - they stain your lips with a wash of beautiful color, and it lasts forever (at least 8 hrs on me). Even once the balm has worn off, my lips still have nice color to them, so I'll usually just apply a nice gloss over top if I don't want anymore color added, because obviously the more you apply the product, the deeper the color becomes. The nude shades are super nice, too. I got Charm and Precious, and right now, they are my everyday go to lip products. I also LOVE the packaging. They look like a pencil, but you don't have to sharpen. You just twist at the bottom like a lip balm, & there is a TON of product in these things. They are basically a dupe for Clinique's Chubby Sticks, and cost half the price. Score!

Right now Darling has to be my favorite. I love it it's like a light purple/pink. My skin tone is pretty light so lighter lip colors look better on me. It's a pretty everyday kinda lip color :) anyone can wear it

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE this color! I like it because I make my eyes dramatic, so I don't like to overdo it on my lips. And this color is more pink than purple, but not a baby pink. It is actually like the color of my lips after I would bite them to add color lol, it's a great stain! And this color may not last as long as the other stains because it isn't a bright color, but I can still see a pink tink to my lips around the half day point. I definitely recommend this if you are like me and go dramatic on your eyes, but you don't want your lips to scream, "LOOK AT ME!"

on 6/5/2012 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE THIS. Rite Aid was having a 40% off Revlon sale and so I rushed over to pick up a few of these (less than $6 each). I ended up getting Honey (a beautiful , MLBB, dark pink nude) and DARLING. On my lips this ended up a cool-toned Barbie pink. I don't normally go for shades like this but I am so glad I decided to be adventurous because this product makes me so happy. Packaging is great, it looks like a giant crayon, and it TWISTS UP. The application is super smooth and while it's not the most moisterizing it feels like a creamy lipstick rather than a stain. And as the day goes on and the shiney layer wears off you are left with the most gorgeous stain. Fabulous and long-lasting. I am completely in love with these lipstains, they are by far the best beauty product I have purchased all year. I like them more than the Revlon Lip Butters! If I could I would give this 10 lippies.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to try one of the lighter shades from this line, but they don't seem to stain at all. I have neutral lips that absorb any stain. I am unsure if I'll keep this or return it, the light lilac mauve tone is a little too subtle for me. If you buy this one, you'd be buying it just for the way it appears on your lips, but not for a stain. 80% of this line does stain your lips, but Darling, Charm, and Precious just barely show up. I will upload a few pics of this and on my lips.

on 5/14/2012 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Well just when I restocked my beloved Lip Butters from Revlon, along come these super lip balm “sticks.” I think these are pretty new b/c they aren’t in the regular section, but I found them at Rite Aid in a standalone display.

They were having a 40% off sale on all Revlon, so I felt like it would just be wrong not to try a couple??? (after I already bought 2 new lip butters, my collection is TOO big).

Anyway, I love these – maybe more than the lip butter b/c the color is longer lasting. This is sort of like a huge lip liner, but has the consistency of lip balm (I apply it pretty lightly). Even after the balm wears off, you are still left with a nice lip stain.

The colors I got:
1. Honey – a natural, mauvey pink. This is pretty close to my natural lip color, but it enhances it nicely.
2. Precious – In the package or on a swatch it is a shimmery nude. On my pinky lips, it turns to a shimmery pinky color. Also very natural looking.

I would definitely recommend these – they have tons of colors if you are looking for more oomph in your lip color!

on 5/7/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was very excited when I seen these at my target...especially because as much time as I spend looking up reviews and new products I didn't know this was comming out. It's not like me to buy something I haven't investigated the web for info on it....but I bought THREE! Darling is a purple, I would compare with divine lip perfection from covergirl. They feel great on my lips, maybe a slight tug at first but thats not something that bothers me. They are roll up so no sharpening needed (YAY, DON'T HAVE TO DEPOT THEM TO MAKE SURE U DON'T WAST PRODUCT!0

Popular Lips Products