Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

3.9

on 5/3/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm a fan of lip color and this gives a nice color. Its a pinkish purple-ish color and it looks nice for dressing down or up.

on 10/18/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good God I love this color. I am a sucker for lavender/lilac shades and they are super flattering on my skin-tone. I have been looking forever for a stain or something that would not be dry but would be this color.
This starts off on me as a very blue based pinky color and stains to a berry-like but still hint of lavender color. I love it. It looked like I ate berries or drank light wine. It's a gorgeous shade and unique.
This line by Revlon is a huge hit for me. I have a bunch of the colors now and this is my favorite. Very much like wearing a balm but it stains after the balm disappears. When the balm part wears off I forgot I even had it on previously because it feels like nothing. I looked in the mirror tonight for example and spotted the pink/lavender stain and was surprised. I had applied it 4 hours earlier. I had drank coffee and was in a big meeting talking a lot. I got compliments on the color as well asking what it was and it was a beautiful color.
I am a NW20 for reference. I have hazel eyes and dark hair. I wore this with Kitten shadow by WNW and Nutty.

on 1/21/2013 11:51:00 PM

I bought this the other day and they didn't have a tester so I picked this and hoped for the best.
My lips are pretty pigmented so it just shows up as a light lilac on me. I do like the colour and I do find it stains after the balm wears off.

on 11/19/2012 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Darling on me is like a soft purple/pink - it is more purple toned than cherish which is what I was after, colour glides on real easy and is very buildable. I also have this balm stain in the 'smitten' colour and am very happy with both!

on 10/5/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Like all of the other pale shades from the Balm Stain line Darling is problematic! Like Charm and Precious, Darling is waxier, lower in pigmentation and has no staining effect. Life other reviewers have said, Darling also has the tendency to change colors- occasionally I'll wear it, and it'll be a pale, milky lilac (with no staining effect!) and sometimes it'll change to a bright fuschia (with great staining!). If you're looking to buy a lilac shade, I'd recommend Revlon lip butter in Gumdrop or L'oreal Rouge Caresse Violet Chiffon (oddly enough, this one also can turn fuschia!).

on 8/10/2012 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Since I already have a couple of the Clinique "chubbies", I also wanted to try these from Revlon at a less expensive price. They are very similar in packaging, and the product wears about the same as well. While the Clinique sticks had no scent or flavor to speak of, the Revlon balm stains have a hint of minty taste sort of like Wrigleys doublemint gum, but milder. The color I'm reviewing, "Darling", is a lavender pink which looks great with my fair cool complextion. I'm really liking the comeback of these swivel "sticks" for their convenience and the casual light look at times I don't want to get all dolled up but still look nice. Will try more of these to keep in my purse, powder room, desk... all over!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought Darling Chere, #10, which I assume is the same as the other reviews. It's a pale pink-lavender, a lovely color in the tube. I liked the convenience and thought it would be great to put in my pocket for a summer stroll. I tried it on over bare lips in the car. Okay, it's a bit dry...but the color is nice for NW20 skin and goes well with dark hair. I drive to my next appointment and check the mirror before I get out of the car. A half hour later my lips have morphed to a shade of fushia which resembles lips that are sore raw and dried out. Okay- I get out my mini-tube of Aquaphor and try to remove it, but the color remains and I look even worse for the rubbing. I have sensitive skin but not sensitive lips!! Obviously others have had a better experience so buy where you can return!!

on 6/27/2012 12:22:00 PM

Starts off as a really pretty shade of soft purple. Once that wears off, the stain is a surprising (yet somehow flattering) shade of hot fuschia. I do wish it stayed closer to the original application color but I still like it for summer.

Popular Lips Products