Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

on 3/29/2014 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Is this discontinued?
I scored three of these during a clearance sale for basically a price of nothing ^_^

Pros:
- Pinky purple color (great for whiter looking teeth)
- Even wear; no weird lip liner look afterwards
- Lasts about 7 hours
- Balmy texture unlike the slippery texture of Wet n Wild's lip balm stain

Cons
- Might be discontinued ); ); );

I like the whole balm stain concept but this one is very peculiar. On my lips initially you can barely see it and more of a dark lilac. Once the gloss fades away, it stains my lips a bright fushia pink. It looks better as a stain than the original color.

Worth the clearance price tag at $2.50 at CVS.

As a teenager, $18 for a Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (which didn't have too much product) is quite a lot. So when I was given the opportunity to purchase products from the more expensive drugstore brands, I had picked Darling (and Lovesick) as one of my shades.

Darling, for me, is a frosty purple-lilac shade which doesn't entirely suit my slightly tanned skin colour. And I extremely disliked this shade. The smell was horrid and I don't like how it looks and how it feels on my lips (dry, fake and too frosty).

I think some of the other shades (like Lovesick) are much nicer and would not buy this product again.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love the balm stains so much! However, it doesn't moisturize it just sits on my lips and after an hour or so it dries my lips out. I purchased Darling as I was looking for a lilac-pink color but the color turned out to be a bright fuchsia pink when I applied it. I like the fuchsia but the formula is way too glossy for my liking so I have to blot it before it is wearable. I definitely will not be purchasing Darling again and there is so much product in the tube! Still having a teensy hope for it to work on me so I'll be dropping by the drugstore to pick Crush up. Fingers crossed!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I went absolutely crazy when I first heard about these lip stains. I bought 5 of them, in the colors precious, honey, crush, darling and charm. Darling is a cool toned lilac baby pink, that looks good on me even though I'm warm toned. It has no shimmer or glitter, but looks glossy on the lips. It's very flattering even though it looks like it would be a better polish color. On the lips it shows more baby pink than lilac. The product is moisturizing, smells lightly of mint and has only a small trace of mint flavor to it. The product twists up so there is no pesky sharpening to do (thank goodness). Overall, I highly recommend these, they are a must have for any girl who wants a liner, stain, and balm in one.