REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]
Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

4.1

I am not crazy about lip stains. They don't ever last as long as they say that they do and it reminds me of Kool-Aid on my lips. I thought I would give this a try.
The packaging is easy to operate and pretty simple. I do love the peppermint smell. It reminded me of good quality candy canes. Moisturizing and comfortable but Jordana also makes an excellent lip balm stain that's way cheaper.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I just bought this at CVS on clearance about an hour ago. Even though it was 75% off, I was initially hesitant because I wasn't quite sure how the color was going to come out. I really love lilac shades, but sometimes they don't look right on me. Fortunately, it is not the case with this one. This is the first Just Bitten stain I've bought, and I definitely intend to see if I can find others on sale. I love love LOVE this. The formula is creamy, the color is a very beautiful flattering lilac that gives my lips a soft pink flush, and it's very moisturizing. I have the Clinique Voluptuous Violet Chubby Stick trial size from the Macy's GWP, and had considered picking up the full size one once the trial size runs out. Now I won't need to since Darling is a much cheaper, very nice dupe for it. In fact, I think I even like this better than the Clinique version. This balm has a faint tingly peppermint scent that is very refreshing, reminding me a little of the tarte Lipsurgence tints. I couldn't be happier that I found this, though...would definitely repurchase!

on 12/12/2013 12:28:00 PM

This is my favorite color of all the balm stains! I have blonde hair, brown eyes, and light/medium skin tone. This color looks so gorgeous! It is more of a pink than a purple. I would call it a pink with some lilac tones. The color is strong enough to brighten your face but not overpowering. I find myself wearing it everywhere...work, weekends, night outs, you name it. Right now it is on clearance at CVS for 75 percent off by the way! I realize this might mean it may be discontinued in the near future which is why I stocked up. For $2.50, run, don't walk, to grab some!

on 10/11/2013 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the idea of these lip stains. I love that they don't seem to irritate my sensitive lips like so many similar products do. But oy, vey! I just wish they would be true to color shown and stay that color. Also, I hate how these start to wear off and leave that ring of color around your mouth. They go on looking one way and always change significantly on my lips. Now, for the record, Darling is one of the nicer shades on my NW20 complexion. But I was hoping for a soft pale lavender. And this turns more of a berry tone on me. The color is fine, nothing special, but so not what I was hoping for from the color of the crayon. The color would get a 3-4. The product gets a 2-3.

on 9/17/2013 10:25:00 PM

This shade goes on light/blue-toned pink on me and stays that color, but it doesn't stay on very long at all and also takes 5-6 layers to see the color. I usually can't wear colors like this because it's too "Barbie" and cheap/tacky-looking on me, but this one grew on me. Since I don't have very many products for lips this color, I have been enjoying it. Mostly though, I've been using it as a lip balm with a little color around the house (like I do with 'Honey') and I'm going through it pretty fast. Definitely won't repurchase when I'm done with it. I've decided I'm not into these sheer lip colors; I don't want to see the texture of my lips when I'm wearing lip color. And I'm just barely comfortable wearing this color. It's just not the most flattering or attention-getting shade for me.

I love this lip stain. I went by the other reviews before I bought this color. It is a beautiful blue-toned pink which fades into a nice subtle pink. No hints of purple on me. Blue-toned pinks look best with my skin tone and also have the benefit of making teeth appear whiter! Make lips feel nice and moisturized. I will probably re-apply after eating although there is still color stain remaining on my lips after eating.
Highly recommend. I better go out and buy several to keep them in stock in case Revlon discontinues them!

on 2/4/2013 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a lovely lip product. First, the packaging is great, in a pencil form that you need not to sharpen. Easily fits in your purse/bag. Smells like peppermint, which I like! It smells fresh. This colour is nice, I find that it's a purple/pink colour. But the less you apply the pinkier it looks and obviously the more you apply the colour gets more intense. So it's very build able. I find that on me, when I go over my lips a couple of times to achieve max colour, it turns almost a fuchsia pink, but it does have purple in it. But I like it. It's not actually a stain at all for me... if it does stain my lips its ever so slightly and its not with a purple tinge, its like a pinky red, but I'm not sure... my lips just get red a lot of the times from rubbing the product on them so much.. but they don't feel sore or anything so perhaps it is a slight stain. But either way I can't agree with the stain part that much, but other than that it's a nice product. I find it's not drying or anything like that, the colour is nice, you can definitely tell that it's a purpley shade, although I find its a lot on the wearable side.

on 12/15/2012 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

In the summer when my skin was slightly darker this colour looked somewhat silly, it was a milky violet purple that looked unnatural and perhaps like something that Niki Manage or a twelve year old would proudly sport. I still had high hopes for it though, and my inkling was correct.
It lasts a decent amount of time on the lips, when it looses its slip, colour remains for quite some time. I would not say this is a stain persay as the colour it 'stains' your lips does fade out and is not nearly as pigmented as when first applied. I would say this is more like a long lasting lip balm - minus the stain bit. The texture is nice, I don't mind the minty smell as it is not overpowering and dissipates pretty quickly. I kinda like the slight tingling or cold sensation if gives your lips when first applied. I have always had a soft spot for minty products like this. The old Burts Bees lipsticks (yup, they had lip sticks back in the day) had a similar feel.
Now that it is winter and my skin is back to its pasty paper white, bordering on sickly self, I love this colour! So long purple, it now looks like a cool toned milky fruit punch-like colour. Imagine you drank fruit punch then applied a milky semi-transparent baby pink lipstick on top. Still unnatural looking as it was when I tried in the summer, but not in a ghastly way now that I have no sight of a tan. This is not one of those My Lips But Better shades. I think it pairs nicely with my black hair and fair complexion. I think I must be fairly neutral in tone as I can wear this colour quite well but I can also wear warm shades just as easily. I quite like this shade as finding a cool toned pink that does not look insane or scream "this product came for free in the box with my latest Barbie" has proven to be a challenge. I do need to pair this with an equally blue based blush otherwise I dont like the effect nearly as much. This colour makes me happy, I wear this with a heavy dosing of dark mascara and a BB cream and I feel I can take over the planet, much like the effect of high heals on some women or a pre-teen's first lipstick.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love the Balm Stains, but the only thing about this one I couldn't tolerate was the color. My skin is very pale, pink-toned ivory, and I found that I could actually pull it off, but it was SO blue toned I wasn't comfortable wearing it. It's pretty much a full-blown lavender to me, which isn't something I like having on my lips (or even on my cheeks). It was eye catching, even with a moderate application - just not my favorite color in the range. (Honey & Rendezvous are my favorite, and I am lately enjoying Romantic and Sweetheart.) Since it's just a color issue, I only take off 2 lippies - I dig the formula well enough and don't mind having to layer it on since the balm is kind of hard.

Oh, and I recommend applying balm *after* this, rather than before like you would with a lipstick that's drying. If you apply balm before, this won't last you more than an hour or two tops. Giving it a few minutes to set and then applying gloss or balm helps lock it in. I actually enjoy layering a thin application of a correlating lipstick on top of this balm stains for longevity.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As a certifiable lip stain junkie (Aura, Morpho, Vincent Longo, Laura Mercier, Nars, Liptini, and MAC), I have a positively sinful number of lipstains. I l-o-o-o-v-e them and after finding the Aura Scarlet and Liptini Framboise, I thought I was set for life. But these darn little Revlons kept tempting me and one day I broke down and bought this on an impulse. Surprise! I really love it! I went back the next day and bought two more and them a week later bought another four! I love how you can actually use these without a mirror. They can be layered and they fade evenly. Fabulous price point. I love these so much more than the Lip Butters, which for me, are gone within 1/2 hour. The Balm Stains last around 3 hours and on some of them, I like them more at the end than the beginning. I top them with a gloss. One thing that I have noticed is that they do not have a great range of intensity - it doesn't range from a lighter tone/intensity to a deeper one. On a scale of light, they would all be in the middle, regardless of hue. I am a fairly light girl and Darling is a cool tinted color, just perfect. This one and the pinks remind me of 60's colors, kicky and happy. I hope these are here to stay...as the current owner of 7 of them, I don't expect to run out very quickly.