Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

3.2

on 11/2/2014 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I kept rubbing this all over my lips because the color wouldn't show up at first- but give it a minute and this pretty light pink color appeared on my lips. Not the purple I expected but it's blue-based and pretty. My lips also feel nice, not sticky or dry, which is great.

on 10/6/2013 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cute but doesn't last. I actually like how light it is, but sometimes I wish it was more vibrant.

This is a lovely, lovely product, but it's just not what I wanted/expected. I want light lilac lips, dammit! And this shows up fuscia on me. Very pretty though. I'd probably try it in another color.

UPDATE: All my Balm Stains and Lip Butters are getting tossed, as they cause tiny pimples/blackheads on my lipline. Invariably by the end of the day when I wear these. Bizarre, and no thank you!

For me -- very cool-toned, fair skin, and pigmented lips -- this is the most wearable of these Balm Stains that I've tried. Initially, it applies as a blue-undertone, lavender pink -- do not bother if you don't like very cool tones. The stain is a deeper pink, but still similarly toned, so it's easy to wear. It doesn't get too overwhelming if you reapply once the balm wears off, though I usually apply a non-staining balm or gloss instead.

I like the wear of this product -- the feel of the balm is nice, and the stain is good without being over the top.

on 1/26/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This a amazing product and I would love to purchase more but I don't think the colour selection offers more colours that I will love as much as this one, it offers a beautiful light purple and the colour intensity can be what ever is preferred depending on the pressure is you apply the retractable pencil with, it stains only slightly because it is a light shade from the collection which is to be suspected and I imagine it the darker shades stain better. The title says 'balm' although it isn't as moisturizing as you may think, I must say it is the least drying stain I have ever tried and that may be why I love it so much although the title suggests that it is comparable to a lip balms but it is not as nourishing however with this all in mind I looked this so much and shall repurchase once it run some out, there is a limited amount of product in the packaging but I believe it shall last a while, overall I would recommend this! :)

I purchased this product first in Cherish then watched a couple reviews of them on YouTube and had to pick up darling as the color is not what the packaging suggests. This formula is fantastic has staying power and doesn't dry out your lips the color is really pretty its soft but fades into a stain that is your lip color but better I didn't get a fuscia color at all it was more of a pretty pink very wearable. I am an NW25 and with blond hair and its a beautiful color on me.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

Please read the negative reviews of this product. All of them seem to be for pale, cool-toned girls who wanted to see the lilac shade on their lips, but ended up getting a bright berry-stain fuchsia instead. For me, this formula also stained unevenly. Not flattering at all. I do love this product line, but this shade is for girls with darker skin who look good in a dark fuchsia that looks like you just ate a berry pie.

on 9/3/2012 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of my favourite shades of these lip stain balms. The packaging originally scared me away from this colour, as it looks super purple, but the product itself is not nearly as purple as the packaging. This is a nice lilac-pink colour that you can wear sheer or build up easily.
I have bought eight of these so far, and plan on buying two more. They are by far the best lip product I have tried in quite some time. You can choose easily how vibrant the colour is (you can apply just a little for a nice hint of colour, or apply it in layers to build it up). I have found that regular lip stains dry out your lips horribly, and settle into any cracks you may have. This is not the case with these balm stains- these go on just like a moisturizing lipstick. They have a glossy sheen to them and over time the colour fades into a stain. It is a very natural looking stain and it looks gorgeous. I love how they won't come off your lips- so they definitely are "kissable"! They smell of mint at first, but the smell fades quickly. Also, they are tasteless (which is definitely better than having an awful taste like most lip products). Also, the packaging is perfect because there is no need for a sharpener- it just twists up.
I am so glad that I tried these stains! None of them have been a disappointment so far, so I am going to continue to buy and use these!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this tonight at Rite Aid. It was $8.99, which is about a dollar more expensive than what you would pay at Walmart or Target, but I'm fine with that because it's much easier to browse all the makeup in a smaller drugstore. Since they call this a balm stain, I was wondering what qualified it as a stain: the lasting power, or the color intensity. Clearly it's not the lasting power. If you're looking for a stain that isn't drying and isn't actually a stain, then this is not it. It has that minty invigorating tingle, which I love. But the color wipes off on a napkin. The color is intense, which is why I think they call it a balm stain: because usually balms are sheer, and this way you get the idea that the color is not sheer. I haven't worn it long enough without eating to know if it would not fade that way, so I can't help on that aspect. However, the color is NOT what I expected. I saw this color used in a magazine makeup look, and it was an electric, shiny purple. It looks more like a pink with a hint of purple, but it's nowhere near the color it looks like in the magazine. When I apply it next time I will conceal my lips first, and see if that helps the color pay off to its true shade.

on 7/14/2012 10:40:00 PM

I have recently purchased alot of these and let me say they meet my expectations. I really love them. This color, Darling, is a lilac color.Not pink toned, creamy liliac with violet undertones.This would look good on tanner people instead of my NW15 skin and yes I just got rematched.But I have to say it looks gorgeous on my lips.it is somewhat sheer but offers a long lasting color just like Revlon says.Anything that lives up to its claim, is a lipstick for me.The reason why I only gave it 4 lipsticks is I feel it is moisterizing at first and for about 20 minutes but then I feel like my lips are dry.But I do love the minty scent this product has.It is definitly worth the 9 dollars.and they are pretty much the same as my Tarte LipSurgences.Go for it!!!!