REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]
Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

3.5

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love the balm stains so much! However, it doesn't moisturize it just sits on my lips and after an hour or so it dries my lips out. I purchased Darling as I was looking for a lilac-pink color but the color turned out to be a bright fuchsia pink when I applied it. I like the fuchsia but the formula is way too glossy for my liking so I have to blot it before it is wearable. I definitely will not be purchasing Darling again and there is so much product in the tube! Still having a teensy hope for it to work on me so I'll be dropping by the drugstore to pick Crush up. Fingers crossed!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. I got it in this color, and also in Cherish. I like to mix the two together and create a one of a kind, lush pinky-lavender lip. They go on smooth, they have a great,minty scent/flavor, & they make my lips feel great. They also do what they say they do - they stain your lips with a wash of beautiful color, and it lasts forever (at least 8 hrs on me). Even once the balm has worn off, my lips still have nice color to them, so I'll usually just apply a nice gloss over top if I don't want anymore color added, because obviously the more you apply the product, the deeper the color becomes. The nude shades are super nice, too. I got Charm and Precious, and right now, they are my everyday go to lip products. I also LOVE the packaging. They look like a pencil, but you don't have to sharpen. You just twist at the bottom like a lip balm, & there is a TON of product in these things. They are basically a dupe for Clinique's Chubby Sticks, and cost half the price. Score!

on 10/5/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Like all of the other pale shades from the Balm Stain line Darling is problematic! Like Charm and Precious, Darling is waxier, lower in pigmentation and has no staining effect. Life other reviewers have said, Darling also has the tendency to change colors- occasionally I'll wear it, and it'll be a pale, milky lilac (with no staining effect!) and sometimes it'll change to a bright fuschia (with great staining!). If you're looking to buy a lilac shade, I'd recommend Revlon lip butter in Gumdrop or L'oreal Rouge Caresse Violet Chiffon (oddly enough, this one also can turn fuschia!).

on 7/4/2012 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this shade from Revlon! It's very high-fashion, and fun to try as a spring/summer trend. I like pairing it with liquid cat-liner. It lasts, is conveniently packaged, and is so simply to apply- no mess. I just can't give Revlon a full five "hearts" because I know they animal-test. :/