REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]
Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I keep trying to like this so badly because I love lavender/lilac lips. This just has no staining properties at all. I have moderately pigmented lips so that could be a contributing factor, but for example, Cherish is very similar in tone and lightness and that one actually shows up and stains my lips. I can only see some color after 3-4 coats of Darling and when the "stain" sets in, the color basically disappears. I think this would only work with those who have little pigmentation to their lips.

on 5/3/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm a fan of lip color and this gives a nice color. Its a pinkish purple-ish color and it looks nice for dressing down or up.

on 3/29/2014 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Is this discontinued?
I scored three of these during a clearance sale for basically a price of nothing ^_^

Pros:
- Pinky purple color (great for whiter looking teeth)
- Even wear; no weird lip liner look afterwards
- Lasts about 7 hours
- Balmy texture unlike the slippery texture of Wet n Wild's lip balm stain

Cons
- Might be discontinued ); ); );

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I just bought this at CVS on clearance about an hour ago. Even though it was 75% off, I was initially hesitant because I wasn't quite sure how the color was going to come out. I really love lilac shades, but sometimes they don't look right on me. Fortunately, it is not the case with this one. This is the first Just Bitten stain I've bought, and I definitely intend to see if I can find others on sale. I love love LOVE this. The formula is creamy, the color is a very beautiful flattering lilac that gives my lips a soft pink flush, and it's very moisturizing. I have the Clinique Voluptuous Violet Chubby Stick trial size from the Macy's GWP, and had considered picking up the full size one once the trial size runs out. Now I won't need to since Darling is a much cheaper, very nice dupe for it. In fact, I think I even like this better than the Clinique version. This balm has a faint tingly peppermint scent that is very refreshing, reminding me a little of the tarte Lipsurgence tints. I couldn't be happier that I found this, though...would definitely repurchase!

I like the whole balm stain concept but this one is very peculiar. On my lips initially you can barely see it and more of a dark lilac. Once the gloss fades away, it stains my lips a bright fushia pink. It looks better as a stain than the original color.

Worth the clearance price tag at $2.50 at CVS.

on 6/27/2013 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this product. It's really moisturising and the perfect balance between colour and shine/balm. The colour is more on the pink side than I was expecting from the packaging, but still a gorgeous lavender-toned pink that is striking and unusual. The formulation is nourishing but has staying power.

The packaging is sleek and looks pretty, and I like the tube because I always find tube lip products more hygienic than tub lip balms.

I actually lost this (cry) and have ordered another one. Really a great colour choice especially for fair-skinned girls.

**Side-note- the colour can really vary in lighting! I put loads on in my bedroom the first time I tried it because it wasn't showing up. I was disappointed and thought it was an over-hyped lipbalm. Went outside and it was BRIGHT pinky lilac!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love the balm stains so much! However, it doesn't moisturize it just sits on my lips and after an hour or so it dries my lips out. I purchased Darling as I was looking for a lilac-pink color but the color turned out to be a bright fuchsia pink when I applied it. I like the fuchsia but the formula is way too glossy for my liking so I have to blot it before it is wearable. I definitely will not be purchasing Darling again and there is so much product in the tube! Still having a teensy hope for it to work on me so I'll be dropping by the drugstore to pick Crush up. Fingers crossed!

on 4/5/2013 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Skimming over the reviews I was surprised not to see anyone mention that this balm dramatically changes color on your lips! It applied very cool lavender pink (like the packaging color) but after I had left the house and looked in my compact 45 minutes later it was bright, almost hot pink. And of course I couldn't get it off. Since the lavender was somewhat flattering and the hot pink NOT flattering at all, this was a problem for me.

Balm consistency, packaging, application are all just fine but it's a dealbreaker that it changes from a color I like to a completely different-toned color. Be sure to give these a nice long test before you go out somewhere in them.

on 1/26/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This a amazing product and I would love to purchase more but I don't think the colour selection offers more colours that I will love as much as this one, it offers a beautiful light purple and the colour intensity can be what ever is preferred depending on the pressure is you apply the retractable pencil with, it stains only slightly because it is a light shade from the collection which is to be suspected and I imagine it the darker shades stain better. The title says 'balm' although it isn't as moisturizing as you may think, I must say it is the least drying stain I have ever tried and that may be why I love it so much although the title suggests that it is comparable to a lip balms but it is not as nourishing however with this all in mind I looked this so much and shall repurchase once it run some out, there is a limited amount of product in the packaging but I believe it shall last a while, overall I would recommend this! :)

on 1/21/2013 11:51:00 PM

I bought this the other day and they didn't have a tester so I picked this and hoped for the best.
My lips are pretty pigmented so it just shows up as a light lilac on me. I do like the colour and I do find it stains after the balm wears off.