REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/2/2014 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I kept rubbing this all over my lips because the color wouldn't show up at first- but give it a minute and this pretty light pink color appeared on my lips. Not the purple I expected but it's blue-based and pretty. My lips also feel nice, not sticky or dry, which is great.

UPDATE: All my Balm Stains and Lip Butters are getting tossed, as they cause tiny pimples/blackheads on my lipline. Invariably by the end of the day when I wear these. Bizarre, and no thank you!

For me -- very cool-toned, fair skin, and pigmented lips -- this is the most wearable of these Balm Stains that I've tried. Initially, it applies as a blue-undertone, lavender pink -- do not bother if you don't like very cool tones. The stain is a deeper pink, but still similarly toned, so it's easy to wear. It doesn't get too overwhelming if you reapply once the balm wears off, though I usually apply a non-staining balm or gloss instead.

I like the wear of this product -- the feel of the balm is nice, and the stain is good without being over the top.

on 2/4/2013 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a lovely lip product. First, the packaging is great, in a pencil form that you need not to sharpen. Easily fits in your purse/bag. Smells like peppermint, which I like! It smells fresh. This colour is nice, I find that it's a purple/pink colour. But the less you apply the pinkier it looks and obviously the more you apply the colour gets more intense. So it's very build able. I find that on me, when I go over my lips a couple of times to achieve max colour, it turns almost a fuchsia pink, but it does have purple in it. But I like it. It's not actually a stain at all for me... if it does stain my lips its ever so slightly and its not with a purple tinge, its like a pinky red, but I'm not sure... my lips just get red a lot of the times from rubbing the product on them so much.. but they don't feel sore or anything so perhaps it is a slight stain. But either way I can't agree with the stain part that much, but other than that it's a nice product. I find it's not drying or anything like that, the colour is nice, you can definitely tell that it's a purpley shade, although I find its a lot on the wearable side.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

Please read the negative reviews of this product. All of them seem to be for pale, cool-toned girls who wanted to see the lilac shade on their lips, but ended up getting a bright berry-stain fuchsia instead. For me, this formula also stained unevenly. Not flattering at all. I do love this product line, but this shade is for girls with darker skin who look good in a dark fuchsia that looks like you just ate a berry pie.

on 6/27/2012 12:22:00 PM

Starts off as a really pretty shade of soft purple. Once that wears off, the stain is a surprising (yet somehow flattering) shade of hot fuschia. I do wish it stayed closer to the original application color but I still like it for summer.

I love this product. This color in particular is very pigmented on my lips like a bright pink-fuchsia color. It looks good but it's bright not super natural. I love it for summer and can't wait to try more colors.

on 6/13/2012 4:35:00 PM

I have already done a general review under the color of "Lovesick", I plan to copy and paste, but for now a color review. Darling is a violet pink. It shows up more pink than violet on my lips, but it definitely has a lilac hue to it. Love this color for days that I don't want as much of a punch to my lip color.