REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]
Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

4.2

I like the whole balm stain concept but this one is very peculiar. On my lips initially you can barely see it and more of a dark lilac. Once the gloss fades away, it stains my lips a bright fushia pink. It looks better as a stain than the original color.

Worth the clearance price tag at $2.50 at CVS.

on 12/12/2013 12:28:00 PM

This is my favorite color of all the balm stains! I have blonde hair, brown eyes, and light/medium skin tone. This color looks so gorgeous! It is more of a pink than a purple. I would call it a pink with some lilac tones. The color is strong enough to brighten your face but not overpowering. I find myself wearing it everywhere...work, weekends, night outs, you name it. Right now it is on clearance at CVS for 75 percent off by the way! I realize this might mean it may be discontinued in the near future which is why I stocked up. For $2.50, run, don't walk, to grab some!

on 10/18/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good God I love this color. I am a sucker for lavender/lilac shades and they are super flattering on my skin-tone. I have been looking forever for a stain or something that would not be dry but would be this color.
This starts off on me as a very blue based pinky color and stains to a berry-like but still hint of lavender color. I love it. It looked like I ate berries or drank light wine. It's a gorgeous shade and unique.
This line by Revlon is a huge hit for me. I have a bunch of the colors now and this is my favorite. Very much like wearing a balm but it stains after the balm disappears. When the balm part wears off I forgot I even had it on previously because it feels like nothing. I looked in the mirror tonight for example and spotted the pink/lavender stain and was surprised. I had applied it 4 hours earlier. I had drank coffee and was in a big meeting talking a lot. I got compliments on the color as well asking what it was and it was a beautiful color.
I am a NW20 for reference. I have hazel eyes and dark hair. I wore this with Kitten shadow by WNW and Nutty.

on 10/11/2013 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the idea of these lip stains. I love that they don't seem to irritate my sensitive lips like so many similar products do. But oy, vey! I just wish they would be true to color shown and stay that color. Also, I hate how these start to wear off and leave that ring of color around your mouth. They go on looking one way and always change significantly on my lips. Now, for the record, Darling is one of the nicer shades on my NW20 complexion. But I was hoping for a soft pale lavender. And this turns more of a berry tone on me. The color is fine, nothing special, but so not what I was hoping for from the color of the crayon. The color would get a 3-4. The product gets a 2-3.

on 10/6/2013 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cute but doesn't last. I actually like how light it is, but sometimes I wish it was more vibrant.

on 11/19/2012 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Darling on me is like a soft purple/pink - it is more purple toned than cherish which is what I was after, colour glides on real easy and is very buildable. I also have this balm stain in the 'smitten' colour and am very happy with both!

I purchased this product first in Cherish then watched a couple reviews of them on YouTube and had to pick up darling as the color is not what the packaging suggests. This formula is fantastic has staying power and doesn't dry out your lips the color is really pretty its soft but fades into a stain that is your lip color but better I didn't get a fuscia color at all it was more of a pretty pink very wearable. I am an NW25 and with blond hair and its a beautiful color on me.

on 9/3/2012 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of my favourite shades of these lip stain balms. The packaging originally scared me away from this colour, as it looks super purple, but the product itself is not nearly as purple as the packaging. This is a nice lilac-pink colour that you can wear sheer or build up easily.
I have bought eight of these so far, and plan on buying two more. They are by far the best lip product I have tried in quite some time. You can choose easily how vibrant the colour is (you can apply just a little for a nice hint of colour, or apply it in layers to build it up). I have found that regular lip stains dry out your lips horribly, and settle into any cracks you may have. This is not the case with these balm stains- these go on just like a moisturizing lipstick. They have a glossy sheen to them and over time the colour fades into a stain. It is a very natural looking stain and it looks gorgeous. I love how they won't come off your lips- so they definitely are "kissable"! They smell of mint at first, but the smell fades quickly. Also, they are tasteless (which is definitely better than having an awful taste like most lip products). Also, the packaging is perfect because there is no need for a sharpener- it just twists up.
I am so glad that I tried these stains! None of them have been a disappointment so far, so I am going to continue to buy and use these!

on 8/10/2012 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Since I already have a couple of the Clinique "chubbies", I also wanted to try these from Revlon at a less expensive price. They are very similar in packaging, and the product wears about the same as well. While the Clinique sticks had no scent or flavor to speak of, the Revlon balm stains have a hint of minty taste sort of like Wrigleys doublemint gum, but milder. The color I'm reviewing, "Darling", is a lavender pink which looks great with my fair cool complextion. I'm really liking the comeback of these swivel "sticks" for their convenience and the casual light look at times I don't want to get all dolled up but still look nice. Will try more of these to keep in my purse, powder room, desk... all over!

on 7/28/2012 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love it! I was initially frightened of this lavender shade in the store, but I took a leap of faith because I love these Balm Stains so darn much. Let me say that I am not disappointed in the least!

The color doesn't make you look like some Nicki Minaj backup dancer -- it's more of a cool toned heliotrope (I just learned that this is a color) that makes you look like a cooler, hip version of yourself. Oh, and the formula is amazing, too! I'm deathly afraid of any lip product exacerbating dry lips, which happens to me a lot if I have to reapply. The great thing about Balm Stains is that you rarely need to reapply AND it's already more moisturizing than other lip stains. The one drawback is that my friends laugh at me like I'm smearing a child's Crayola on myself, but who cares? My lips look fabulous!