REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]
Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

3.7

I am not crazy about lip stains. They don't ever last as long as they say that they do and it reminds me of Kool-Aid on my lips. I thought I would give this a try.
The packaging is easy to operate and pretty simple. I do love the peppermint smell. It reminded me of good quality candy canes. Moisturizing and comfortable but Jordana also makes an excellent lip balm stain that's way cheaper.

on 10/11/2013 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the idea of these lip stains. I love that they don't seem to irritate my sensitive lips like so many similar products do. But oy, vey! I just wish they would be true to color shown and stay that color. Also, I hate how these start to wear off and leave that ring of color around your mouth. They go on looking one way and always change significantly on my lips. Now, for the record, Darling is one of the nicer shades on my NW20 complexion. But I was hoping for a soft pale lavender. And this turns more of a berry tone on me. The color is fine, nothing special, but so not what I was hoping for from the color of the crayon. The color would get a 3-4. The product gets a 2-3.

on 6/27/2013 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this product. It's really moisturising and the perfect balance between colour and shine/balm. The colour is more on the pink side than I was expecting from the packaging, but still a gorgeous lavender-toned pink that is striking and unusual. The formulation is nourishing but has staying power.

The packaging is sleek and looks pretty, and I like the tube because I always find tube lip products more hygienic than tub lip balms.

I actually lost this (cry) and have ordered another one. Really a great colour choice especially for fair-skinned girls.

**Side-note- the colour can really vary in lighting! I put loads on in my bedroom the first time I tried it because it wasn't showing up. I was disappointed and thought it was an over-hyped lipbalm. Went outside and it was BRIGHT pinky lilac!

on 4/5/2013 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Skimming over the reviews I was surprised not to see anyone mention that this balm dramatically changes color on your lips! It applied very cool lavender pink (like the packaging color) but after I had left the house and looked in my compact 45 minutes later it was bright, almost hot pink. And of course I couldn't get it off. Since the lavender was somewhat flattering and the hot pink NOT flattering at all, this was a problem for me.

Balm consistency, packaging, application are all just fine but it's a dealbreaker that it changes from a color I like to a completely different-toned color. Be sure to give these a nice long test before you go out somewhere in them.

on 10/5/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Like all of the other pale shades from the Balm Stain line Darling is problematic! Like Charm and Precious, Darling is waxier, lower in pigmentation and has no staining effect. Life other reviewers have said, Darling also has the tendency to change colors- occasionally I'll wear it, and it'll be a pale, milky lilac (with no staining effect!) and sometimes it'll change to a bright fuschia (with great staining!). If you're looking to buy a lilac shade, I'd recommend Revlon lip butter in Gumdrop or L'oreal Rouge Caresse Violet Chiffon (oddly enough, this one also can turn fuschia!).

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I love this product you can do a light layer or go a little thicker for a more pronouced llavender i don't know what up with all the comments saying this looks fuchsia I guess it depends on your lips natural pigment but on me (pale/brown hair) it's a pure lavender color maybe that why they say fuchsia.I love this color it makes you look so modern and fashionable.

If you don't like mint the smell of these will so annoy you way too minty!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought Darling Chere, #10, which I assume is the same as the other reviews. It's a pale pink-lavender, a lovely color in the tube. I liked the convenience and thought it would be great to put in my pocket for a summer stroll. I tried it on over bare lips in the car. Okay, it's a bit dry...but the color is nice for NW20 skin and goes well with dark hair. I drive to my next appointment and check the mirror before I get out of the car. A half hour later my lips have morphed to a shade of fushia which resembles lips that are sore raw and dried out. Okay- I get out my mini-tube of Aquaphor and try to remove it, but the color remains and I look even worse for the rubbing. I have sensitive skin but not sensitive lips!! Obviously others have had a better experience so buy where you can return!!

on 6/13/2012 4:35:00 PM

I have already done a general review under the color of "Lovesick", I plan to copy and paste, but for now a color review. Darling is a violet pink. It shows up more pink than violet on my lips, but it definitely has a lilac hue to it. Love this color for days that I don't want as much of a punch to my lip color.

on 5/7/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was very excited when I seen these at my target...especially because as much time as I spend looking up reviews and new products I didn't know this was comming out. It's not like me to buy something I haven't investigated the web for info on it....but I bought THREE! Darling is a purple, I would compare with divine lip perfection from covergirl. They feel great on my lips, maybe a slight tug at first but thats not something that bothers me. They are roll up so no sharpening needed (YAY, DON'T HAVE TO DEPOT THEM TO MAKE SURE U DON'T WAST PRODUCT!0