Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]
Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

3.6

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I just bought this at CVS on clearance about an hour ago. Even though it was 75% off, I was initially hesitant because I wasn't quite sure how the color was going to come out. I really love lilac shades, but sometimes they don't look right on me. Fortunately, it is not the case with this one. This is the first Just Bitten stain I've bought, and I definitely intend to see if I can find others on sale. I love love LOVE this. The formula is creamy, the color is a very beautiful flattering lilac that gives my lips a soft pink flush, and it's very moisturizing. I have the Clinique Voluptuous Violet Chubby Stick trial size from the Macy's GWP, and had considered picking up the full size one once the trial size runs out. Now I won't need to since Darling is a much cheaper, very nice dupe for it. In fact, I think I even like this better than the Clinique version. This balm has a faint tingly peppermint scent that is very refreshing, reminding me a little of the tarte Lipsurgence tints. I couldn't be happier that I found this, though...would definitely repurchase!

I like the whole balm stain concept but this one is very peculiar. On my lips initially you can barely see it and more of a dark lilac. Once the gloss fades away, it stains my lips a bright fushia pink. It looks better as a stain than the original color.

Worth the clearance price tag at $2.50 at CVS.

on 12/12/2013 12:28:00 PM

This is my favorite color of all the balm stains! I have blonde hair, brown eyes, and light/medium skin tone. This color looks so gorgeous! It is more of a pink than a purple. I would call it a pink with some lilac tones. The color is strong enough to brighten your face but not overpowering. I find myself wearing it everywhere...work, weekends, night outs, you name it. Right now it is on clearance at CVS for 75 percent off by the way! I realize this might mean it may be discontinued in the near future which is why I stocked up. For $2.50, run, don't walk, to grab some!

As a teenager, $18 for a Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (which didn't have too much product) is quite a lot. So when I was given the opportunity to purchase products from the more expensive drugstore brands, I had picked Darling (and Lovesick) as one of my shades.

Darling, for me, is a frosty purple-lilac shade which doesn't entirely suit my slightly tanned skin colour. And I extremely disliked this shade. The smell was horrid and I don't like how it looks and how it feels on my lips (dry, fake and too frosty).

I think some of the other shades (like Lovesick) are much nicer and would not buy this product again.

on 9/17/2013 10:25:00 PM

This shade goes on light/blue-toned pink on me and stays that color, but it doesn't stay on very long at all and also takes 5-6 layers to see the color. I usually can't wear colors like this because it's too "Barbie" and cheap/tacky-looking on me, but this one grew on me. Since I don't have very many products for lips this color, I have been enjoying it. Mostly though, I've been using it as a lip balm with a little color around the house (like I do with 'Honey') and I'm going through it pretty fast. Definitely won't repurchase when I'm done with it. I've decided I'm not into these sheer lip colors; I don't want to see the texture of my lips when I'm wearing lip color. And I'm just barely comfortable wearing this color. It's just not the most flattering or attention-getting shade for me.

This is a lovely, lovely product, but it's just not what I wanted/expected. I want light lilac lips, dammit! And this shows up fuscia on me. Very pretty though. I'd probably try it in another color.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love the balm stains so much! However, it doesn't moisturize it just sits on my lips and after an hour or so it dries my lips out. I purchased Darling as I was looking for a lilac-pink color but the color turned out to be a bright fuchsia pink when I applied it. I like the fuchsia but the formula is way too glossy for my liking so I have to blot it before it is wearable. I definitely will not be purchasing Darling again and there is so much product in the tube! Still having a teensy hope for it to work on me so I'll be dropping by the drugstore to pick Crush up. Fingers crossed!

I love this lip stain. I went by the other reviews before I bought this color. It is a beautiful blue-toned pink which fades into a nice subtle pink. No hints of purple on me. Blue-toned pinks look best with my skin tone and also have the benefit of making teeth appear whiter! Make lips feel nice and moisturized. I will probably re-apply after eating although there is still color stain remaining on my lips after eating.
Highly recommend. I better go out and buy several to keep them in stock in case Revlon discontinues them!

UPDATE: All my Balm Stains and Lip Butters are getting tossed, as they cause tiny pimples/blackheads on my lipline. Invariably by the end of the day when I wear these. Bizarre, and no thank you!

For me -- very cool-toned, fair skin, and pigmented lips -- this is the most wearable of these Balm Stains that I've tried. Initially, it applies as a blue-undertone, lavender pink -- do not bother if you don't like very cool tones. The stain is a deeper pink, but still similarly toned, so it's easy to wear. It doesn't get too overwhelming if you reapply once the balm wears off, though I usually apply a non-staining balm or gloss instead.

I like the wear of this product -- the feel of the balm is nice, and the stain is good without being over the top.

on 1/21/2013 11:51:00 PM

I bought this the other day and they didn't have a tester so I picked this and hoped for the best.
My lips are pretty pigmented so it just shows up as a light lilac on me. I do like the colour and I do find it stains after the balm wears off.