Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]
Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I keep trying to like this so badly because I love lavender/lilac lips. This just has no staining properties at all. I have moderately pigmented lips so that could be a contributing factor, but for example, Cherish is very similar in tone and lightness and that one actually shows up and stains my lips. I can only see some color after 3-4 coats of Darling and when the "stain" sets in, the color basically disappears. I think this would only work with those who have little pigmentation to their lips.

on 10/18/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good God I love this color. I am a sucker for lavender/lilac shades and they are super flattering on my skin-tone. I have been looking forever for a stain or something that would not be dry but would be this color.
This starts off on me as a very blue based pinky color and stains to a berry-like but still hint of lavender color. I love it. It looked like I ate berries or drank light wine. It's a gorgeous shade and unique.
This line by Revlon is a huge hit for me. I have a bunch of the colors now and this is my favorite. Very much like wearing a balm but it stains after the balm disappears. When the balm part wears off I forgot I even had it on previously because it feels like nothing. I looked in the mirror tonight for example and spotted the pink/lavender stain and was surprised. I had applied it 4 hours earlier. I had drank coffee and was in a big meeting talking a lot. I got compliments on the color as well asking what it was and it was a beautiful color.
I am a NW20 for reference. I have hazel eyes and dark hair. I wore this with Kitten shadow by WNW and Nutty.

on 2/4/2013 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a lovely lip product. First, the packaging is great, in a pencil form that you need not to sharpen. Easily fits in your purse/bag. Smells like peppermint, which I like! It smells fresh. This colour is nice, I find that it's a purple/pink colour. But the less you apply the pinkier it looks and obviously the more you apply the colour gets more intense. So it's very build able. I find that on me, when I go over my lips a couple of times to achieve max colour, it turns almost a fuchsia pink, but it does have purple in it. But I like it. It's not actually a stain at all for me... if it does stain my lips its ever so slightly and its not with a purple tinge, its like a pinky red, but I'm not sure... my lips just get red a lot of the times from rubbing the product on them so much.. but they don't feel sore or anything so perhaps it is a slight stain. But either way I can't agree with the stain part that much, but other than that it's a nice product. I find it's not drying or anything like that, the colour is nice, you can definitely tell that it's a purpley shade, although I find its a lot on the wearable side.

on 12/15/2012 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

In the summer when my skin was slightly darker this colour looked somewhat silly, it was a milky violet purple that looked unnatural and perhaps like something that Niki Manage or a twelve year old would proudly sport. I still had high hopes for it though, and my inkling was correct.
It lasts a decent amount of time on the lips, when it looses its slip, colour remains for quite some time. I would not say this is a stain persay as the colour it 'stains' your lips does fade out and is not nearly as pigmented as when first applied. I would say this is more like a long lasting lip balm - minus the stain bit. The texture is nice, I don't mind the minty smell as it is not overpowering and dissipates pretty quickly. I kinda like the slight tingling or cold sensation if gives your lips when first applied. I have always had a soft spot for minty products like this. The old Burts Bees lipsticks (yup, they had lip sticks back in the day) had a similar feel.
Now that it is winter and my skin is back to its pasty paper white, bordering on sickly self, I love this colour! So long purple, it now looks like a cool toned milky fruit punch-like colour. Imagine you drank fruit punch then applied a milky semi-transparent baby pink lipstick on top. Still unnatural looking as it was when I tried in the summer, but not in a ghastly way now that I have no sight of a tan. This is not one of those My Lips But Better shades. I think it pairs nicely with my black hair and fair complexion. I think I must be fairly neutral in tone as I can wear this colour quite well but I can also wear warm shades just as easily. I quite like this shade as finding a cool toned pink that does not look insane or scream "this product came for free in the box with my latest Barbie" has proven to be a challenge. I do need to pair this with an equally blue based blush otherwise I dont like the effect nearly as much. This colour makes me happy, I wear this with a heavy dosing of dark mascara and a BB cream and I feel I can take over the planet, much like the effect of high heals on some women or a pre-teen's first lipstick.

on 11/19/2012 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Darling on me is like a soft purple/pink - it is more purple toned than cherish which is what I was after, colour glides on real easy and is very buildable. I also have this balm stain in the 'smitten' colour and am very happy with both!

on 7/28/2012 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love it! I was initially frightened of this lavender shade in the store, but I took a leap of faith because I love these Balm Stains so darn much. Let me say that I am not disappointed in the least!

The color doesn't make you look like some Nicki Minaj backup dancer -- it's more of a cool toned heliotrope (I just learned that this is a color) that makes you look like a cooler, hip version of yourself. Oh, and the formula is amazing, too! I'm deathly afraid of any lip product exacerbating dry lips, which happens to me a lot if I have to reapply. The great thing about Balm Stains is that you rarely need to reapply AND it's already more moisturizing than other lip stains. The one drawback is that my friends laugh at me like I'm smearing a child's Crayola on myself, but who cares? My lips look fabulous!

Popular Lips Products