Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

3.9

on 11/2/2014 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I kept rubbing this all over my lips because the color wouldn't show up at first- but give it a minute and this pretty light pink color appeared on my lips. Not the purple I expected but it's blue-based and pretty. My lips also feel nice, not sticky or dry, which is great.

on 3/29/2014 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Is this discontinued?
I scored three of these during a clearance sale for basically a price of nothing ^_^

Pros:
- Pinky purple color (great for whiter looking teeth)
- Even wear; no weird lip liner look afterwards
- Lasts about 7 hours
- Balmy texture unlike the slippery texture of Wet n Wild's lip balm stain

Cons
- Might be discontinued ); ); );

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I just bought this at CVS on clearance about an hour ago. Even though it was 75% off, I was initially hesitant because I wasn't quite sure how the color was going to come out. I really love lilac shades, but sometimes they don't look right on me. Fortunately, it is not the case with this one. This is the first Just Bitten stain I've bought, and I definitely intend to see if I can find others on sale. I love love LOVE this. The formula is creamy, the color is a very beautiful flattering lilac that gives my lips a soft pink flush, and it's very moisturizing. I have the Clinique Voluptuous Violet Chubby Stick trial size from the Macy's GWP, and had considered picking up the full size one once the trial size runs out. Now I won't need to since Darling is a much cheaper, very nice dupe for it. In fact, I think I even like this better than the Clinique version. This balm has a faint tingly peppermint scent that is very refreshing, reminding me a little of the tarte Lipsurgence tints. I couldn't be happier that I found this, though...would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this lip stain. I had absolutely no expectations for it: I saw it for 75% off, and scooped it up. I was worried that the shade would either be too barbie pink & frosty or too lilac/pink. The outcome: a darling pink that goes surprisingly well with my pale olive skin. I have been reaching for it when i do simple make-up & want to keep the look sweet & natural. The stain does linger on the lips for some time -- much longer than that clinique lip pencil balm thing (which reminds me, packaging-wise, of this revlon stain). It does not dry out the lips or leave a strange taste behind; the scent is non-existent & the price, even when not on sale, is fair. I am looking forward to trying out other shades. Go for it!

on 12/12/2013 12:28:00 PM

This is my favorite color of all the balm stains! I have blonde hair, brown eyes, and light/medium skin tone. This color looks so gorgeous! It is more of a pink than a purple. I would call it a pink with some lilac tones. The color is strong enough to brighten your face but not overpowering. I find myself wearing it everywhere...work, weekends, night outs, you name it. Right now it is on clearance at CVS for 75 percent off by the way! I realize this might mean it may be discontinued in the near future which is why I stocked up. For $2.50, run, don't walk, to grab some!

on 10/18/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good God I love this color. I am a sucker for lavender/lilac shades and they are super flattering on my skin-tone. I have been looking forever for a stain or something that would not be dry but would be this color.
This starts off on me as a very blue based pinky color and stains to a berry-like but still hint of lavender color. I love it. It looked like I ate berries or drank light wine. It's a gorgeous shade and unique.
This line by Revlon is a huge hit for me. I have a bunch of the colors now and this is my favorite. Very much like wearing a balm but it stains after the balm disappears. When the balm part wears off I forgot I even had it on previously because it feels like nothing. I looked in the mirror tonight for example and spotted the pink/lavender stain and was surprised. I had applied it 4 hours earlier. I had drank coffee and was in a big meeting talking a lot. I got compliments on the color as well asking what it was and it was a beautiful color.
I am a NW20 for reference. I have hazel eyes and dark hair. I wore this with Kitten shadow by WNW and Nutty.

on 6/27/2013 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this product. It's really moisturising and the perfect balance between colour and shine/balm. The colour is more on the pink side than I was expecting from the packaging, but still a gorgeous lavender-toned pink that is striking and unusual. The formulation is nourishing but has staying power.

The packaging is sleek and looks pretty, and I like the tube because I always find tube lip products more hygienic than tub lip balms.

I actually lost this (cry) and have ordered another one. Really a great colour choice especially for fair-skinned girls.

**Side-note- the colour can really vary in lighting! I put loads on in my bedroom the first time I tried it because it wasn't showing up. I was disappointed and thought it was an over-hyped lipbalm. Went outside and it was BRIGHT pinky lilac!

I love this lip stain. I went by the other reviews before I bought this color. It is a beautiful blue-toned pink which fades into a nice subtle pink. No hints of purple on me. Blue-toned pinks look best with my skin tone and also have the benefit of making teeth appear whiter! Make lips feel nice and moisturized. I will probably re-apply after eating although there is still color stain remaining on my lips after eating.
Highly recommend. I better go out and buy several to keep them in stock in case Revlon discontinues them!

on 12/15/2012 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

In the summer when my skin was slightly darker this colour looked somewhat silly, it was a milky violet purple that looked unnatural and perhaps like something that Niki Manage or a twelve year old would proudly sport. I still had high hopes for it though, and my inkling was correct.
It lasts a decent amount of time on the lips, when it looses its slip, colour remains for quite some time. I would not say this is a stain persay as the colour it 'stains' your lips does fade out and is not nearly as pigmented as when first applied. I would say this is more like a long lasting lip balm - minus the stain bit. The texture is nice, I don't mind the minty smell as it is not overpowering and dissipates pretty quickly. I kinda like the slight tingling or cold sensation if gives your lips when first applied. I have always had a soft spot for minty products like this. The old Burts Bees lipsticks (yup, they had lip sticks back in the day) had a similar feel.
Now that it is winter and my skin is back to its pasty paper white, bordering on sickly self, I love this colour! So long purple, it now looks like a cool toned milky fruit punch-like colour. Imagine you drank fruit punch then applied a milky semi-transparent baby pink lipstick on top. Still unnatural looking as it was when I tried in the summer, but not in a ghastly way now that I have no sight of a tan. This is not one of those My Lips But Better shades. I think it pairs nicely with my black hair and fair complexion. I think I must be fairly neutral in tone as I can wear this colour quite well but I can also wear warm shades just as easily. I quite like this shade as finding a cool toned pink that does not look insane or scream "this product came for free in the box with my latest Barbie" has proven to be a challenge. I do need to pair this with an equally blue based blush otherwise I dont like the effect nearly as much. This colour makes me happy, I wear this with a heavy dosing of dark mascara and a BB cream and I feel I can take over the planet, much like the effect of high heals on some women or a pre-teen's first lipstick.

Right now Darling has to be my favorite. I love it it's like a light purple/pink. My skin tone is pretty light so lighter lip colors look better on me. It's a pretty everyday kinda lip color :) anyone can wear it