Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

3.9

on 7/28/2012 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love it! I was initially frightened of this lavender shade in the store, but I took a leap of faith because I love these Balm Stains so darn much. Let me say that I am not disappointed in the least!

The color doesn't make you look like some Nicki Minaj backup dancer -- it's more of a cool toned heliotrope (I just learned that this is a color) that makes you look like a cooler, hip version of yourself. Oh, and the formula is amazing, too! I'm deathly afraid of any lip product exacerbating dry lips, which happens to me a lot if I have to reapply. The great thing about Balm Stains is that you rarely need to reapply AND it's already more moisturizing than other lip stains. The one drawback is that my friends laugh at me like I'm smearing a child's Crayola on myself, but who cares? My lips look fabulous!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I just bought this at CVS on clearance about an hour ago. Even though it was 75% off, I was initially hesitant because I wasn't quite sure how the color was going to come out. I really love lilac shades, but sometimes they don't look right on me. Fortunately, it is not the case with this one. This is the first Just Bitten stain I've bought, and I definitely intend to see if I can find others on sale. I love love LOVE this. The formula is creamy, the color is a very beautiful flattering lilac that gives my lips a soft pink flush, and it's very moisturizing. I have the Clinique Voluptuous Violet Chubby Stick trial size from the Macy's GWP, and had considered picking up the full size one once the trial size runs out. Now I won't need to since Darling is a much cheaper, very nice dupe for it. In fact, I think I even like this better than the Clinique version. This balm has a faint tingly peppermint scent that is very refreshing, reminding me a little of the tarte Lipsurgence tints. I couldn't be happier that I found this, though...would definitely repurchase!

on 4/5/2013 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Skimming over the reviews I was surprised not to see anyone mention that this balm dramatically changes color on your lips! It applied very cool lavender pink (like the packaging color) but after I had left the house and looked in my compact 45 minutes later it was bright, almost hot pink. And of course I couldn't get it off. Since the lavender was somewhat flattering and the hot pink NOT flattering at all, this was a problem for me.

Balm consistency, packaging, application are all just fine but it's a dealbreaker that it changes from a color I like to a completely different-toned color. Be sure to give these a nice long test before you go out somewhere in them.

on 12/15/2012 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

In the summer when my skin was slightly darker this colour looked somewhat silly, it was a milky violet purple that looked unnatural and perhaps like something that Niki Manage or a twelve year old would proudly sport. I still had high hopes for it though, and my inkling was correct.
It lasts a decent amount of time on the lips, when it looses its slip, colour remains for quite some time. I would not say this is a stain persay as the colour it 'stains' your lips does fade out and is not nearly as pigmented as when first applied. I would say this is more like a long lasting lip balm - minus the stain bit. The texture is nice, I don't mind the minty smell as it is not overpowering and dissipates pretty quickly. I kinda like the slight tingling or cold sensation if gives your lips when first applied. I have always had a soft spot for minty products like this. The old Burts Bees lipsticks (yup, they had lip sticks back in the day) had a similar feel.
Now that it is winter and my skin is back to its pasty paper white, bordering on sickly self, I love this colour! So long purple, it now looks like a cool toned milky fruit punch-like colour. Imagine you drank fruit punch then applied a milky semi-transparent baby pink lipstick on top. Still unnatural looking as it was when I tried in the summer, but not in a ghastly way now that I have no sight of a tan. This is not one of those My Lips But Better shades. I think it pairs nicely with my black hair and fair complexion. I think I must be fairly neutral in tone as I can wear this colour quite well but I can also wear warm shades just as easily. I quite like this shade as finding a cool toned pink that does not look insane or scream "this product came for free in the box with my latest Barbie" has proven to be a challenge. I do need to pair this with an equally blue based blush otherwise I dont like the effect nearly as much. This colour makes me happy, I wear this with a heavy dosing of dark mascara and a BB cream and I feel I can take over the planet, much like the effect of high heals on some women or a pre-teen's first lipstick.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As a certifiable lip stain junkie (Aura, Morpho, Vincent Longo, Laura Mercier, Nars, Liptini, and MAC), I have a positively sinful number of lipstains. I l-o-o-o-v-e them and after finding the Aura Scarlet and Liptini Framboise, I thought I was set for life. But these darn little Revlons kept tempting me and one day I broke down and bought this on an impulse. Surprise! I really love it! I went back the next day and bought two more and them a week later bought another four! I love how you can actually use these without a mirror. They can be layered and they fade evenly. Fabulous price point. I love these so much more than the Lip Butters, which for me, are gone within 1/2 hour. The Balm Stains last around 3 hours and on some of them, I like them more at the end than the beginning. I top them with a gloss. One thing that I have noticed is that they do not have a great range of intensity - it doesn't range from a lighter tone/intensity to a deeper one. On a scale of light, they would all be in the middle, regardless of hue. I am a fairly light girl and Darling is a cool tinted color, just perfect. This one and the pinks remind me of 60's colors, kicky and happy. I hope these are here to stay...as the current owner of 7 of them, I don't expect to run out very quickly.

on 6/5/2012 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE THIS. Rite Aid was having a 40% off Revlon sale and so I rushed over to pick up a few of these (less than $6 each). I ended up getting Honey (a beautiful , MLBB, dark pink nude) and DARLING. On my lips this ended up a cool-toned Barbie pink. I don't normally go for shades like this but I am so glad I decided to be adventurous because this product makes me so happy. Packaging is great, it looks like a giant crayon, and it TWISTS UP. The application is super smooth and while it's not the most moisterizing it feels like a creamy lipstick rather than a stain. And as the day goes on and the shiney layer wears off you are left with the most gorgeous stain. Fabulous and long-lasting. I am completely in love with these lipstains, they are by far the best beauty product I have purchased all year. I like them more than the Revlon Lip Butters! If I could I would give this 10 lippies.

on 3/29/2014 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Is this discontinued?
I scored three of these during a clearance sale for basically a price of nothing ^_^

Pros:
- Pinky purple color (great for whiter looking teeth)
- Even wear; no weird lip liner look afterwards
- Lasts about 7 hours
- Balmy texture unlike the slippery texture of Wet n Wild's lip balm stain

Cons
- Might be discontinued ); ); );

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this lip stain. I had absolutely no expectations for it: I saw it for 75% off, and scooped it up. I was worried that the shade would either be too barbie pink & frosty or too lilac/pink. The outcome: a darling pink that goes surprisingly well with my pale olive skin. I have been reaching for it when i do simple make-up & want to keep the look sweet & natural. The stain does linger on the lips for some time -- much longer than that clinique lip pencil balm thing (which reminds me, packaging-wise, of this revlon stain). It does not dry out the lips or leave a strange taste behind; the scent is non-existent & the price, even when not on sale, is fair. I am looking forward to trying out other shades. Go for it!

on 12/19/2012 2:49:00 PM

Rosey/mauve color. Didn't care for it on me. Probably would look lovely on most people

on 10/5/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Like all of the other pale shades from the Balm Stain line Darling is problematic! Like Charm and Precious, Darling is waxier, lower in pigmentation and has no staining effect. Life other reviewers have said, Darling also has the tendency to change colors- occasionally I'll wear it, and it'll be a pale, milky lilac (with no staining effect!) and sometimes it'll change to a bright fuschia (with great staining!). If you're looking to buy a lilac shade, I'd recommend Revlon lip butter in Gumdrop or L'oreal Rouge Caresse Violet Chiffon (oddly enough, this one also can turn fuschia!).

Popular Lips Products