Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

3.9

on 5/7/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was very excited when I seen these at my target...especially because as much time as I spend looking up reviews and new products I didn't know this was comming out. It's not like me to buy something I haven't investigated the web for info on it....but I bought THREE! Darling is a purple, I would compare with divine lip perfection from covergirl. They feel great on my lips, maybe a slight tug at first but thats not something that bothers me. They are roll up so no sharpening needed (YAY, DON'T HAVE TO DEPOT THEM TO MAKE SURE U DON'T WAST PRODUCT!0

on 5/12/2012 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this product! I was really looking for something to layer under my Revlon lip gloss in Lilac Pastelle and this works perfectly. The combination of the two is just wonderful! This product is quite moisturizing and is a product that is very build-able.

on 5/14/2012 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Well just when I restocked my beloved Lip Butters from Revlon, along come these super lip balm “sticks.” I think these are pretty new b/c they aren’t in the regular section, but I found them at Rite Aid in a standalone display.

They were having a 40% off sale on all Revlon, so I felt like it would just be wrong not to try a couple??? (after I already bought 2 new lip butters, my collection is TOO big).

Anyway, I love these – maybe more than the lip butter b/c the color is longer lasting. This is sort of like a huge lip liner, but has the consistency of lip balm (I apply it pretty lightly). Even after the balm wears off, you are still left with a nice lip stain.

The colors I got:
1. Honey – a natural, mauvey pink. This is pretty close to my natural lip color, but it enhances it nicely.
2. Precious – In the package or on a swatch it is a shimmery nude. On my pinky lips, it turns to a shimmery pinky color. Also very natural looking.

I would definitely recommend these – they have tons of colors if you are looking for more oomph in your lip color!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to try one of the lighter shades from this line, but they don't seem to stain at all. I have neutral lips that absorb any stain. I am unsure if I'll keep this or return it, the light lilac mauve tone is a little too subtle for me. If you buy this one, you'd be buying it just for the way it appears on your lips, but not for a stain. 80% of this line does stain your lips, but Darling, Charm, and Precious just barely show up. I will upload a few pics of this and on my lips.

on 6/5/2012 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE THIS. Rite Aid was having a 40% off Revlon sale and so I rushed over to pick up a few of these (less than $6 each). I ended up getting Honey (a beautiful , MLBB, dark pink nude) and DARLING. On my lips this ended up a cool-toned Barbie pink. I don't normally go for shades like this but I am so glad I decided to be adventurous because this product makes me so happy. Packaging is great, it looks like a giant crayon, and it TWISTS UP. The application is super smooth and while it's not the most moisterizing it feels like a creamy lipstick rather than a stain. And as the day goes on and the shiney layer wears off you are left with the most gorgeous stain. Fabulous and long-lasting. I am completely in love with these lipstains, they are by far the best beauty product I have purchased all year. I like them more than the Revlon Lip Butters! If I could I would give this 10 lippies.

on 6/13/2012 4:35:00 PM

I have already done a general review under the color of "Lovesick", I plan to copy and paste, but for now a color review. Darling is a violet pink. It shows up more pink than violet on my lips, but it definitely has a lilac hue to it. Love this color for days that I don't want as much of a punch to my lip color.

So far I've bought 5 of these balm stains. Darling was the last one I bought and maybe one of my favorites. I passed on it initially because it was a scary looking lilac color. But once on my lips, it is actually a pretty mauvey pink. Don't be scared off by the color - it's very pretty on!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE this color! I like it because I make my eyes dramatic, so I don't like to overdo it on my lips. And this color is more pink than purple, but not a baby pink. It is actually like the color of my lips after I would bite them to add color lol, it's a great stain! And this color may not last as long as the other stains because it isn't a bright color, but I can still see a pink tink to my lips around the half day point. I definitely recommend this if you are like me and go dramatic on your eyes, but you don't want your lips to scream, "LOOK AT ME!"

on 6/20/2012 2:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Ugh, I can't believe all the reviews about this color being subtle or light! On me this turned a rather embarassing shade of bright fuschia! Perhaps it's just me and my super-freaky-weird body chemistry. I looked like a little girl playing with makeup for the first time. :)

I'm going to take it back and exchange it for a "safer" color. On the upside, the formula of these is quite nice. I also have Honey at the moment. They actually stain your lips for hours and aren't as drying to me as a lipstick or stain.

I thought this color might be similar to my favorite Buxom in Dani. It is so not!!

I love this product. This color in particular is very pigmented on my lips like a bright pink-fuchsia color. It looks good but it's bright not super natural. I love it for summer and can't wait to try more colors.