Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

I am not crazy about lip stains. They don't ever last as long as they say that they do and it reminds me of Kool-Aid on my lips. I thought I would give this a try.
The packaging is easy to operate and pretty simple. I do love the peppermint smell. It reminded me of good quality candy canes. Moisturizing and comfortable but Jordana also makes an excellent lip balm stain that's way cheaper.

on 11/2/2014 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I kept rubbing this all over my lips because the color wouldn't show up at first- but give it a minute and this pretty light pink color appeared on my lips. Not the purple I expected but it's blue-based and pretty. My lips also feel nice, not sticky or dry, which is great.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As a certifiable lip stain junkie (Aura, Morpho, Vincent Longo, Laura Mercier, Nars, Liptini, and MAC), I have a positively sinful number of lipstains. I l-o-o-o-v-e them and after finding the Aura Scarlet and Liptini Framboise, I thought I was set for life. But these darn little Revlons kept tempting me and one day I broke down and bought this on an impulse. Surprise! I really love it! I went back the next day and bought two more and them a week later bought another four! I love how you can actually use these without a mirror. They can be layered and they fade evenly. Fabulous price point. I love these so much more than the Lip Butters, which for me, are gone within 1/2 hour. The Balm Stains last around 3 hours and on some of them, I like them more at the end than the beginning. I top them with a gloss. One thing that I have noticed is that they do not have a great range of intensity - it doesn't range from a lighter tone/intensity to a deeper one. On a scale of light, they would all be in the middle, regardless of hue. I am a fairly light girl and Darling is a cool tinted color, just perfect. This one and the pinks remind me of 60's colors, kicky and happy. I hope these are here to stay...as the current owner of 7 of them, I don't expect to run out very quickly.

on 8/10/2012 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Since I already have a couple of the Clinique "chubbies", I also wanted to try these from Revlon at a less expensive price. They are very similar in packaging, and the product wears about the same as well. While the Clinique sticks had no scent or flavor to speak of, the Revlon balm stains have a hint of minty taste sort of like Wrigleys doublemint gum, but milder. The color I'm reviewing, "Darling", is a lavender pink which looks great with my fair cool complextion. I'm really liking the comeback of these swivel "sticks" for their convenience and the casual light look at times I don't want to get all dolled up but still look nice. Will try more of these to keep in my purse, powder room, desk... all over!

Popular Lips Products